Chapter 77

My Wonderful Stay With My UKISS Oppas...NOT!

Eli POV:

I was smiling a bit, watching Ella walk across the street to see Dongho.  Even though he's an idiot, I can see that Ella loves him a lot.  He must've said something to her because they started walking back to the dorms.  Ella waited at the street corner like a good girl, but Dongho looked to see if there were cars coming and started walking across.

"That babo, he's lucky that there aren't any cars," I muttered to myself.

I continued watching them, and then I saw something.  A car.  Oh crap.  Oh crap.  Even if I hate Dongho for even thinking about cheating on my sister, I still care for him like an older brother.

Then I could've sworn the rest was a dream.  It was like everything was in slow motion...Ella must've seen the car too, so she ran after Dongho and pushed him out of the way, taking the blow from the car.

"OH !" I yelled super loud.

"You really shouldn't swear you know, I mean, come on," Xander walked in.

"Not now Xander," I exclaimed and ran past him out into the street.  I sprinted to the place where Ella was lying.  The driver had stopped and was freaking out.

"I'm...so...sorry," the guy stuttered.

"Hey man...are you all right?" I asked.

"I didn't see the boy, and then the girl ran out, and I'M SO SORRY!!!" the guy exclaimed.

"It's all right," I said.

I told him that he should leave and that I would take care of everything.  I called 119 and held my baby sister in my arms.  Dongho was standing there, probably in shock.

"Hyung...I....I....I..." Dongho said.

"Save it for later kid," I sighed.  "Tell the others that I'm spending the night at the hospital."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dongho POV:

She saved me.

She pushed me out of the way so that I wouldn't be hurt.

She sacrificed herself for me.

"Dongho-yah, what happened?" Xander asked as I walked into the house.

I just looked at him with tears running down my face.  "I hurt her."

"What are you talking about?" Xander frowned.

"I was walking across the street.  I didn't see the car coming.  Ella yelled 'Oppa! Watch out!' and pushed me out of the way.  And...and...she got hit instead of me," I sobbed.

"Dongho..." Xander said.

"I know hyung.  You hate me.  I hate myself, and all the other hyungs hate me too.  I hurt their dongsaeng.  Hyung...what should I do?" I cried.

"Dongho...you have to be with her," Xander said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eli POV:

"Are you this girl's guardian?" the EMT guy asked.

I nodded quickly.  "Is she alive?"

"Yeah.  Her pulse is normal...but there's a big cut on her cheek, a broken arm, and head trauma," the guy replied.

"Head trauma?" I said shakily.

"You might wanna get the baby pictures out....the doctor might say she has amnesia," the guy said.

We were in the ambulance, and I was holding Ella's hand.  It was cold...too cold.  Her face was lifeless, no trace of the happy girl that I just talked to 15 minutes ago.

"We're here Mr. Kim," the guy said to me.

"Hey man, just call me Eli," I shook his hand and thanked him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander POV:

"I'm no driver, but I'll drive you to the hospital," I said, concerned for the maknae's sanity.

"Thanks hyung," Dongho said.

"Let's go," I said.  I grabbed my keys off the table and we walked out in silence.  We got in the car and I started to drive.  I haven't driven in a super long time...

"Hyung, can you go faster?" Dongho asked.

"I'm going speed limit, Dongho," I frowned.

"Please," he begged.

I nodded and sped up.  If I get a ticket, I'm borrowing money from the maknae.  We arrived at the hospital and ran to the front desk.  The girl must've been surprised to find two idols in a hospital.

"May I help you?" she asked.

"Where's Ella Kim's room?" Dongho asked.

"She's in 211," the lady said.

"Thanks," I replied.

We ran to the elevator and waited.  Dongho kept pushing the button impatiently...the slow elevator was starting to annoy me too.  It finally opened and we ran in.  I pressed the number 2 and the elevator beeped.  When the doors opened again, we ran out until we saw Eli waiting outside impatiently.

"Guys..." he said.

"We made it Eli," I smiled before sitting in a chair next to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eli POV:

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A DIAGNOSIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Which one of you is Ella Kim's guardian?" the doctor walked out.  I stood up immediately.  "Follow me." the doctor said.

Xander hyung pushed me in.  I saw my sister, and they tended to the wound on her cheek; they put her arm in a cast too.

"We have good news and bad news," the doctor said.

"Good news first," I replied, still staring at my sister.

"She's a fighter.  She'll make a full recovery in a week at the least," the doctor said.

"Then what's the bad news?" I asked cautiously.

"You see...she hit her head a little too hard and..." the doctor said.

"It is not amnesia," I started to tear up.  "She can't forget me.  I'm her brother!!!"

"Amnesia that may or may not be permanent.  When she starts to have flashbacks, giver her headache medicine.  If she goes into depression, bring her back quickly.  I don't want it to be like last time when we were almost too late," he said.

"Excuse me, did you say something? I asked.  

"I'll leave you alone to be with her," the doctor walked out.

Xander walked in followed by Dongho.  "Aigoo...my poor dongsaeng..." Xander teared up.

"You guys get some rest.  I'm staying here tonight," I said.

They sat down in the chairs.  "We're not leaving.  We'll sleep in this hospital."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella POV:

Awww, I'm back in my happy place!!! But the old lady is back.  That same old lady I saw when I was in the hospital at age 10.

"It's nice to see you again," the old lady said.

"Sup," I sat down in her room and put my feet on the table.

"I thought we promised that you wouldn't try and kill yourself anymore," the old lady said.

"I didn't this time.  I saved my boyfriend from being hit by a car," I said.

"That's good.  Sacrifice your life for another," the lady pondered.

"By the way, you never told me who you were," I said.

"Me?  I'm an angel, if you think about it that way," the lady shrugged.

"You here to take me to Heaven?" I asked.

"Not yet child.  Not yet.  Your destiny is to live a happy life," the lady said.

"Do you visit everyone who's gonna die?" I asked.

"You're not gonna die, child.  And no.  I only talk with you," the lady said.

"Cool," I said.  "I like your place.  Can I chill here for a bit?"

"A love test.  That's what you need.  A love test." the lady suddenly said.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Your memories child.  Give them to me," the lady said.

"Hey lady.  I happen to like my memories," I frowned.

But the lady was smiling.  "You won't remember anything.  You may leave now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open and I sat up in bed.  I looked around and spotted nothing familiar.  I took the IV out and got out of the bed.  I walked toward the door and opened it.  I got my wallet out of my pocket and went to look for something to eat.

"I am so freaking hungry right now.  It's not even funny," I muttered to myself.

"Are you looking for food?  You won't find any on this side.  There's a vending machine on the other side of the hallway and on the floor above this one," a voice said.  I turned around, and there was a little boy sitting in a wheelchair.

"Hey," I said.

"Why are you up, Noona?" he asked.

"I don't know." I said.

"What's your name, Noona?" the boy asked.

"I don't know," I said again.

"I think you look like a Minji," the boy said.

"Do you want me to buy you something to eat?" I asked.

"Sure," he smiled.

We went to the vending machine and I bought the little boy a chocolate bar.  "Thank you Noona." he smiled and went back into his room.

I smiled and waved.  Let's see...why was I here again?  Oh yeah.  Food.

I looked down at my arm and frowned.  How did I get this cast?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eli POV:

I opened my eyes.  5 AM.  It's been three hours since my sister got hit by a car.  Three hours since...wait.  Where is she?

"Ella?" I called.  No answer.

"Have you guys seen Ella?" I asked.  But Xander hyung and Dongho were both sleeping.

"Ella?" I called out.  

Then I noticed that the door was open.  I went out to see if she wandered off or something.  And sure enough, she was sitting outside eating potato chips.

"Ella, why'd you run off?" I frowned.  She ignored me.

"Ella Kim, never scare me like that again," I said.  She still ignored me.

I walked over and poked her shoulder.  She slowly looked up at me.  "You were talking to me?"

"Ella, stop playing games," I said.

"Mister...I think you have the wrong person," she said.

"Ella, this isn't funny anymore," I said.  

"Ahjusshi, please leave me alone," she said.

"ELLA KIM!!!" I yelled.

"Who are you," she said, staring into my eyes.

"I...I..." I stuttered.  And I sat on the floor and cried.  I didn't care who saw.  I just sat on the floor and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Corner:

Some things I want to say:

1) This chapter was totally random.  The old lady and the little boy.  I don't know where I even thought of that.  It seemed to fit.  Poor Eli...but Ella will remember him soon.  She has to!!!

2) Who saw the UKISS comeback stage on MCountdown was it?  Well, I saw it on the internet, and it was hella awesome.  The dance, the lyrics, Dongho, the meaning of the song...SO EMOTIONAL!!!  I'm never one to dwell on the past...but...AJ and Eli rapping together would have been more epic if Alexander was there too...
On another note, Kiseop gets to sing!!!  At least a little bit!!! I mean, NH Media should let him sing more.  I bet he has a pretty voice.  Dongho's part isn't autotuned too!!!  SO HAPPY~~~

3) Did anyone else see this: http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/k-pop/news-kibum-and-alexander-to-return-to-u-kissforming-a-9-members-group/
It came out on April Fools Day, so I'm not sure if it's real.  First of all, if this is a joke, it's just SICK.  It's too early to joke about our beloved Kibum and Alexander.  Everyone believes it's a joke, and I do too.  But there's a huge part of me that hopes that they're telling the truth.  No matter how unlikely, I can't lose hope on UKISS becoming 1 again.

4) Bran New Kiss is OWNING the music charts~