3W2B: A Taekwondo Rescue

3W2B: What's Wrong With Busan Boys?!

 

"Annyeonghaseyo.", Hoya bowed to the boss.
The boss moved around to find the owner of the voice.
As soon as he moved around, Hoya kicked him and they both fought for a moment, with the result of the boss laying on the ground.

Right after the boss laid down and can't do anything because he's practically injured and his body must've been hurt thanks to Hoya's kicks and punches, Hoya went up to you gently.

"Are you okay?", he asked with the most gentle voice you've ever listened from him.
You still can't stop your tears. You can only nod.
He grabbed your face and force you to look him in the eyes. "You sure you're okay?"
You cried even more. You nodded once again.
He then put your head on his chest and rub your head. "Mianhae..", he said.
You can't stop crying, and you can only cry and cry on his muscular chest.

Suddenly, you hear a voice from Hoya’s back.
It’s the boss trying to attack Hoya.
Hoya then put you aside and stood up, kicked the boss and make him lay down once again.
This time, it looks like it’ll take a lot of time for the boss to wake up.
The kick Hoya just did seems to be so hard and painful.

Hoya then sighed and sat beside you.
“Hoy-------------“, you asked him.
“Ssh.”, he said, “His men probably will wake up soon. We have to be alert.”
You nod.
And after some time, those men got up one by one and are in their position to attack Hoya.
Hoya was still sitting beside you like nothing bad will happen.

Right when all the men have already stood up, Hoya got up.
With his usual outdare face, he looked at them one by one.
He prepared his taekwondo gestures.
“Come at me.”, Hoya said it so coolly.
All the men trying to attack Hoya at once.
If you were in his position, you’d probably run away.
They all look so scary and there are bunch of them.
“Do it like a man.”, Hoya said calmly without even being scared of them. “Come at me one by one.”
You could see those men now trying to push each other. They didn’t want to attack Hoya alone.
After some struggles because no one wanted to go first, they all….. ran away.
Ran away like a bunch of cowards, leaving their boss that still can’t get up.

“What marshmallows.”, Hoya said.
Hoya then looked at the pitiful boss and called you. “Could you help me move this guy a bit?”
“Where?”, you asked.
“To the tree.”, he laughed, “Luckily I found a strong long rope around here. I wanna tie him to the tree and investigate him a little.”
You agreed and helped him to move the heavy boss.
You then both tied him to the big tree and waited till he wakes up.

After some time, he opened his eyes.
“A..Ar.. arg…”, he realized he’s being tied to a tree, “WHAT IS THIS?”
Hoya then kicked his feet. “Who are you and what are you doing here?”
“WHAT IS THIS? GET IT OFF ME!”
“I won’t, until you answer me.”
“GET IT OFF ME!”
Hoya kicked his feet once again. “I said, answer me.”
“LET ME G--!!!!” Hoya kicked his stomach. “Ugh!”

You could see the boss surrender and is trying to find the best words to explain.
But Hoya is Hoya, his impatience made him trying to kick the boss again, but you stopped him.
“Don’t. He’ll answer you soon.”, you said.
Hoya looked at you for a while and waited for the boss to speak.

The boss started his story, “I’m a Korean.”
Hoya looked like he wanted to complain because of the boss’ irrelevant sentence, but you stopped him and asked him to wait for the boss’ explaining.
“I have a dream of becoming an artist. WE all have that dream. Me and my men.”

He continued, “We tried zillion times to make it to Korean music industry, but ended up being failed. Why? Because of that stupid global hallyu wave. We didn’t get the chance to show our music because of cutey idol dance groups. Or even if we did, no one will appreciate us.”
He smiled, “But we kept on thinking on our own positive way, though. We thought that if it’s not because of this hallyu wave and young idols, Korea won’t be as popular as now.”

“So one day, one of those men of mine asked us to move to Japan and try to be an artist here in Japan. So we did. We moved and tried so hard to be performers. We held some small concerts at halls.. and day by day, there are more and more people watching us perform.”

“We were gaining so much popularity and we even tried to perform our own-composed Korean-lyrics song to introduce our country. Right when we’re performing that song, Korean policemen stopped us and asked us to go rightaway. With their fluent Korean. … we thought it’s something urgent related to Korean constabulary, so we back off as soon as possible.”

“We decided to go around and enjoy the day, when we coincidencely passed the hall we were performing and found you guys. We found Infinite performing on stage. On our stage. Crowded by young fangirls.”

He sighed, “We didn’t get it. I mean.. We were trying hard to perform and introduce Korea too, but why did they stop us like that? Both us and Infinite were doing the same thing; introducing Korea and make Korea lovable to everyone. We were hardly trying to fight for our country… then, why they must bring Korean policemen just to clarify the hall for an idol group to perform? And the idol group didn’t even have a schedule in that hall…. And moreafter, are INFINITE that important to be followed by Korean policemen? Like really…”

“We didn’t know anything.”, Hoya said. “You could see by your own eyes, when you saw us.. we wore casual clothes. Why? Because we didn’t mean to perform.” He continued, “We were going here to Japan to go on a survey for our next music-video shooting place. And right when we got off plane, we met Tokyo’s governor. He’s meeting with Seoul’s governor. Don’t know how could they meet each other on the first place, but it was really a coincidence. Both governors are being followed by their own country’s policemen… and when Seoul’s governor saw us going off plane, he called us rightaway and asked us to perform and show Japanese what Koreans got.”

“Then why did they stop us? We’re Koreans too..”, the boss said.
“HOW DO I KNOW?”, Hoya got mad, “It’s not even our fault, and moreafter.. it’s none of her fault!”, he pointed at you, “Don’t you have a heart? She’s an innocent young lady! She’s not even Korean! I don’t get you.. really. You’re weird.”

The boss couldn’t say anything. He understand that Hoya was right.
“Mianhae..”, the boss said, half-whispering. “We were just so disappointed at our own country at that time.. and seeing you to have so much glory just because you’re a young idol group, it made us jealous.”

“Aish you’re really…”, Hoya said, “But still, you didn’t have to move the target to all Koreans, don’t you?!”
“Mianhae..”, said the boss once again.

Silence.

“Yah.. you really wanted to be an artist?”, Hoya asked.
The boss nodded.
Hoya smiled, “Do you want to collaborate with us?”
“’Us’? Infinite?”
Hoya nodded, “Yes.”
“……. For real?”, the boss couldn’t believe it.
“Do you want it or not?!”, Hoya lost his patience once again.
“I want it! WE want it!”, the boss turned to an innocent puppy.
Hoya then gave the namecard of his manager, “Call our manager here. Tell him I sent you, and you wanted to collaborate with Infinite.”
The boss looked so happy. “THANK YOU!”, he bowed… but it hurts, because he’s still being tied. “Ouch!”
Both you and Hoya smiled and moved to let him go off the rope and the tree.
Right when he’s free of the ties, he bowed 90degrees, said so many sorries, said so many thanks, and left.

Now you’re here alone with Hoya.
He sat under the tree, and you followed him.
But there’s something weird. He didn’t ask you anything.

“Yah.. aegi..”, you called him. “Don’t you want to ask me about-----“
“Why did you go here?”, he asked.
“E-eh?”, you got scared. “I.. I…..”
“Why? Did you know that this is a swarmed place full of bad guys?”
“E..eh.. I’m sorry. I went here with Mirae, she-----“
“Do you think Mirae could protect you? Even though she knew this place, she’s a girl. She couldn’t protect you if you’re in danger.”
“Yah.. I’m sorry, I-----“
“Did you know how much I worry about you?”
“I----“
“Did you ever-------“
“YAH!”, you got mad, “If you really worried about me, why didn’t you call me earlier? You didn’t call me until you actually got here out of nowhere.”
“I WAS WAITING FOR YOU! I was waiting for you in front of your door like a stupid man waiting for nothing. Waiting for a girl that left to Harajuku with her roommate that’s almost being because I didn’t protect her. YES I’m that kind of loser!”, his voice got bigger.
You got scared, but you understand that his feelings were mixed at once.
“Mianhae..”, you said.

“Promise me….. promise me you won’t do this to me again.”, he said with his voice shaking.
You can’t help but let the teardrops fell f
ell from your eyes. “I won’t.”