3W2B: A Lifetime Story

3W2B: What's Wrong With Busan Boys?!

"Tell me about it. The whole story.", he asked.
You smiled and sighed lightly.
He waited for you to start  telling him your long story.

"I'm still not sure to tell you this.."
"What? Why?"
"Because once I started talking about this, it'll also continue to other sad things and.. I.. I don't wanna cry again."
He pat your head, "I'm here to stop your tears."
"Believe me, you can't stop my tears."
He laughed, "Why are you so sure?"
"Because even I can't stop it."
He laughed, you laughed......

Silence.

You sighed. "I....", you started the story, "I was just a little girl back then.. All kids loved to draw, right? Me too. It was just something like that.. Some simple silly doodles that brought me here."
You smiled remembering it, "As we all grew up, I realize that my love for drawings was a lot more than my friends ever had. But still.. even that time, there were friends that had god-given drawing skills.. My drawing skills back then was not bad, but there were kids that could draw a lot better than me.."
You stopped a while then continued, "I didn't mind being the second or the third, though, I just drew for fun.."

Silence. He waited so patiently for you to continue the story.
"Until somewhat on the third grade, I had a interest for clothes-drawing. .....My dream that time was to be a fashion designer. But as time goes by, I realize that it's not the real passion of mine. I know my passion was something around drawing and designing and everything, but just not fashion. Besides, my parents were somewhat against it. Not really against it, though, as they knew that I was just a lil child. But because of my age, they thought that it'll just be a daydream of a little girl that will never come true. So i continue the upcoming years without really knowing what my real dream is.."

"Then, on the end of the fifth grade, a friend of mine invited me to join to a manga class.. Me and her both liked mangas and loved to draw as well. So I did. I went to that manga class as soon as my parents let me."
"Firstly, I was being tested; on which level did I belong. And it turned that I got a way higher level from the level other kids on my age usually got to. And it made me so happy and proud about the result."
"And your friend?", he asked.
"Ah.. my friend has gotten there earlier, so she has passed some levels before I actually joined.. And when I joined, she's in the same level as me."
"So she entered first and actually got a lower level when she was first tested?"
"Yep."
"You're really talented, continue please."
You smiled, "I went there once a week.. It has been such a fun place for me.. I really thank my friend to actually invited me there. I found my passion. It was drawing something like that.. To create something based on our own likes. To create creatures that even never existed before, and just went up high with my imagination."

You continued, "Until one day, I realize.. why didn't I make those creatures alive? That way, my own creatures and people can move around like I want them to move, it's just fun. And so, my dream upgraded from being a painter or mangaka, to be an animator."

"My passion that time was to be an animator, but seriously ANIME-ATOR. The ones that create animes. You know animes, right?"
He answered, "I know. The live version of mangas."
You laughed, "Yes.. I really wanted to make mangas and animes by my own. High-tech animes looked really great, and I really wished to be able to make one with my own hands."

"But then.... puberty came. I became interested to American guy idols."
He laughed.
You smiled, "My dream was still to be an animator, but a whole new animator. I wanted to make a box-office animation movies with amazing special effects that looked real. Like..... the film Avatar, and worked in America. In Hollywood."
He nodded continuously, "Then what happened?"

You laughed, "Then....... I was attracted by Korean groups.."
You laughed like crazy as he left his mouth open. He can't believe what you just said.
"It's fun now, please continue.", he said with his serious curious face.
You smiled, "I then said to myself, I will go pursue my dream and take a degree in America, and then............"

"Work in Seoul."

"Why are you so interested on working in Seoul?"
"I've told you, Korean groups attracted me.."
"What Korean groups? All of them?"
"No, one of them.."
"What is it?"
You laughed. No way. It can't end like this. You're going a hard time hiding your true inspirit soul, and now you'll just reveal it in front of your bias? Hell no.
"I'll tell you someday.", you said.
"Is it that group where your special friend was in?"
Oh, he meant B.A.P. "No, it's not.."
"Then what is it? Super Junior? DBSK? 2PM? ...... EXO? Or maybe cutie boys like B1A4? Boyfriend?"
You kept saying 'no', and it pissed him.
Did he forget that he's also in a band?
But it's good though, if he actually guessed 'Infinite', you didn't know how to react.

"Aahh whatevs, just continue the story.", he said.
You laughed, "Keke, yeah.. So...... It was fixed, my dream was to study the best animations in America, and worked in Korea. It was my ideal dream."

".... But a dream can't be so easy to be achieved.", you said,
"......My parents.. specially my dad, wanted me to be a professional architect."

"...I.. I was really against it, but I didn't know how to say it. He's my dad, that means I have to follow his words. I was so afraid that I'll be a bad daughter or something."
"He really wanted me to be an architect, he forced me, he told me this and that, and he was really proud to say to his friends that I'll be an architect one day. And it was so happy for me to be able to make my dad proud of his daughter, but it also made me feel sad.... because it's really none of my passion."

"At times, I'll say to him that I don't want to be an architect.. He said I was given a talent of drawing, why didn't I use it.... And he told me that architect will bring me lots of money and everything...... But money isn't my real goal.. My goal was to achieve my dream, that's all."

"My dad kept saying bad things about my dream, he didn't want me to go for my dream. He wanted me to achieve HIS dream. And it made me hurt so bad..."

"He said being an animator was such an useless silly job that no people will search for. He said being an architect will give me more advantages. ....He seriously cursed my dream."

"After some time being so weak and followed his words, I almost decide to take architecture instead of animations.. But...... I know it was God who did it, He made me believe in my dream and He made me brave enough to stand for I believe in. I kept on fighting to reach my dream.."
"Until one day, my dad was talking with his friends.. These friends of him also had a daughter, and this daughter of them wanted to be an architect, but her parents were against it. Simply, this girl is a reverse version of mine."

Hoya laughed, still anticipating your story.
"After the talks and talks.. these friends of my dad somehow can open my dad's mind and my dad looked somewhat..... less strict about architecture. It seems that he'll let me be an animator."

"Until my last day of high school, I thought my dad has allowed me to be an animator."
"...............But he didn't."

"He asked me what degree do I want to take.. And I said it's animation...
He was totally mad and forced me even more to be an architect...."

"..So?", he asked.
"So.....", you smiled, "I searched for scholarships and I got it in San Fransisco. I went there alone with my own money and tried my best to pursue my dream.. I tried so hard that I even got the title of the best student."

"But even so, my parents will never be proud at me."

"Why?", he asked.
"They never did. No matter what achievements I got, they never complimented me. It's not that I was greedy for compliments, it's just.. they never showed any response to my hard efforts..
I have 2 older siblings, and because they're way older.... my parents and siblings underestimated me. They thought my achievements were just so easy to be achieved. They never knew what I've been through.."

You began crying, "I always tried to do my best to make them proud of me.. But they thought it was all just a bunch of bullsh*ts."
"I won competitions when my siblings never even had one. All the trophies at my house was mine, but they never appreciated it. They never showed gratitude. They never complimented me or say good things to me..
They ordered me, they told me what to do... it's like I'm their useless robot that only do things for them."

"Even being the best student in San Fransisco and went all the way here and worked with Hana, they'll never know.. and even if they knew.. they wouldn't care. They would just compare me to my siblings and whatsoever, I don't care anymore.
I'm so sick being their puppet that I just want to run and get my dreams in my hand.
I'm so lucky I was tough enough to run away from them and living my dream now."

You smiled happily as the story somehow ended, and he pulled you tight to his arms.
You, that were trying your best to hold the tears, can't hold it anymore.
You cried like a baby, even though you promised yourself not to cry anymore.
You're sick of crying. You've lost enough tears back then when you were fighting for your dreams..
But why even now when you're living your dream, you can't help but cry?

You cried so hard in his arms.. In his warm hug..
Your feelings became lighter, as you've told this secret of yours to someone you can trust.
Hoya didn't say anything, he just hugged you tight and waited for you to stop crying.