Change In Attitude

Love Of A Bully..

 

Change In Attitude

 

 

I swept his arms away from my shoulder and ran as quick as I could. His heartbroken expression was making my heart feel sour as well. At that very moment, I just felt like running back home and keep myself in my blanket. I did not want to face all those things right now. All I wanted that moment was to just sleep and forget about everything.

 

When I was walking home, I thought about the times that Woohyun and I had. Although he was a bit annoying at first, he did become sweeter after Daehyun’s accident. He wasn’t as bad as the past and I got to know more about him. He was nice to me and it was as nice as Daehyun before the accident.

 

“I’m sorry,” I said to myself, as tears brimmed in my eyes, “I’m really sorry, Woohyun. I don’t know my heart anymore. I’m sorry for hurting you, Woohyun.” I was feeling conflicted with myself. Although I said that I preferred to be with Daehyun, some part of me told me that I wanted to be with Woohyun more.

 

When I reached home, I opened the door to see my mother, sitting at the living room watching television. At that moment, I forgot everything momentarily and ran towards her, giving her a big hug. I beamed, “Mum! You’re back. I missed you so much.”

 

She nodded and smiled, “Yeah, I’m back.” She sighed later, “But I have to leave tomorrow, again.”

 

I blinked as I felt a surge of disappointment, “Why?”

 

She explained, “We have a new branch which is set up in Singapore and I need to go there for a good couple of months to set up the stuff.”

 

I sighed, as tears brimmed, “Can’t you reject them, Mum? It’s been so long since I saw you.”

 

She shook her head, “I can’t, sweetie. Promise me you won’t look for your dad.”

 

I blinked as I looked at her, *We haven’t been mentioning about him for a long time already, although I still feel like looking for him.* Despite that, her actions had been making me feel like doing otherwise. However, I meekly nodded and asked, “Mum, can I ask you something instead?”

 

She looked at me and nodded, “What?”

 

I asked, “Why don’t you want me to find Dad?”

 

“Yoonmi-ah, I think it’s good for you to know as well,” She sighed. I was appalled at her words. She never liked me to ask her to explain about Dad and she would always reprimand me when I brought up the topic. She started, “Your dad was a good boyfriend and husband to me. But it all changed after another woman came into our lives.”

 

She continued, “That female was rich and more beautiful than me. She had everything which I didn’t have. It felt like as if your dad fell in love with her money and her alluring body. With her around, he started to neglect me. It was as if that the girl gave her some special medicine that made him listen to him suddenly. He changed over 24 hours.”

 

She sighed, “That very night when we divorced, I still remember that I thought I saw guilt running through his eyes. But I guess it’s just me.”

 

Tears brimmed in Mum’s eyes as she talked about Dad. I didn’t know Dad was such a bastard, seriously. Why did he do that to mum? However, her last two sentences made me infer something else – it made me think that Dad was forced into changing himself and forced into divorcing Mum. That’s what I could infer from her words.

 

She wiped away her tears and smiled, “Let’s not talk about him anymore. I bought you some gifts from Japan and you know Akihabara? I bought you some stuff from there.” With that, we ended the heart-souring talk about Dad and his questionable actions and started to look at the presents that Mum bought me.

 

I looked at Mum as she brought out all the presents. These years, she had been ruining all evidences about Dad. She gave me her surname, and burnt all the photos of him. She really didn’t want me to leave her, apparently. After the presents giving session, I went to shower and got ready for bed. I laid on my bed as I thought of Mum’s words. *I really need to know why Dad acted that way? It’s impossible for one person to change overnight.*

 

The next day, I went to school as usual but the unusual thing was that it seemed like there was a new topic in school. I walked to my class, seeing people gossip. I blinked, *What the heck is going on again?* When I entered my class, I quickly scurried to my seat and place my head on the table. The girls behind were also gossiping.

 

One started, “Hey, Soomi and Jieun! Did you know that Woohyun and Yoonhee are dating? Like right now, today, this minute, this second and this millisecond!” My ears perked up at the topic, as I thought to myself, *Woohyun.. is dating Yoonhee? It can’t be.*

 

I turned around and asked, “Uh, Rima, just now you said that Woohyun and Yoonhee are dating. How true is it?”

 

She tapped her chin before answering, “Well, I caught them holding hands today in the school hallway. I guess it would be 10000% real.”

 

She laughed, “What’s wrong with you today, Yoonmi? You seldom ask that stuff.”

 

I shook my head and smiled meekly, “It’s nothing much. I was just curious.”

 

*How can it be?* I thought *We went out together yesterday and he still... It’s impossible for him to date her suddenly.*

 

Tears brimmed in my eyes. *Was he just playing around with me yesterday or all along? I should have known better that he wouldn’t like girls like me but instead, he would like girls like Yoonhee. Despite the fact he told me that he liked me just a couple of months ago, I still can’t believe the fact that he was actually dating that Yoonhee. Didn’t he just ask me who I would be happier with yesterday, with that pair of heartbroken eyes? Was everything just unreal?*

 

I sighed, *Why are you like my Dad, Nam Woohyun.*

 

 

-Woohyun’s POV-

 

“I already told you I would be with you already,” I scoffed, “Let Daehyun go back to Yoonmi.”

 

Yoonhee laughed hysterically and walked over to me, whispering on my neck, “Well, I will let him go back to her, don’t worry. I already got what I want.”

 

I pushed her away from me and looked at her with disgust. She laughed, “Well well, Woohyun oppa. You do know you have to act like you really like me before I can give Daehyun back to Yoonmi, right?”

 

I sighed as I nodded, “I know but can’t you just make Daehyun go back to Yoonmi. Right in front of my eyes because I can’t trust you, not even a tiny bit.”

 

She nodded, “Fine then. I shall ask Daehyun to come here and I will tell him the whole thing.”

-------

I sat by the side as we waited for Daehyun to come over, while Yoonhee was trying to do everything to grab my attention. She failed apparently. My whole mind was occupied by Kim Yoonmi and only her. Seriously, am I doing the right thing? I ruffled my hair with distraught, *Didn’t she want Daehyun more? You’re giving her to him right now, but why are you feeling this way, Nam Woohyun.*

 

 “Yah,” a voice called out. I turned around and saw Daehyun, looking at the both of us. He walked over and asked, “Why did you ask me here?” She smirked and explained, “Well, I have to tell you the truth right now and it’s about your girlfriend before the accident.”

 

She started, “Well, your girlfriend before your accident is actually Kim Yoonmi and I made the whole story about you being Hyomin’s boyfriend because Hyomin’s my cousin and she liked you so much.” She laughed, “But now, since someone did something for me already, I have to tell you the truth to appease him.” She looked at me as she smirked.

 

She explained, “Your girlfriend is Kim Yoonmi. You loved her so much, defended her and did everything for her.”

 

 

-Author’s POV-

 

Daehyun grabbed his head as it started to hurt. Her words started to ring a bell in his head and pictures of you started to come back one by one as she continued to talk about you. “Ugh,” he cursed, at the excruciating pain caused by the headache and the replay of the memories.

 

Memories of you and him being together started to come back in his head. All those pieces of memories were placed back in its place and everything felt fresh, back in his mind. “Yoonmi,” he said. *She’s really my girlfriend -- Kim Yoonmi*

 

You were walking in the school hallway, on the way to the cafeteria alone. Suddenly, you felt like as if you missed Woohyun’s voice. Everything felt so empty and so weird without him.  Suddenly, a hand grabbed your arm and you turned around to see Daehyun smiling at you.

 

You blinked, “Daehyun-ssi..?”

 

He pulled you into his arms, which made the students around gawk at the both of you. He smiled, “I finally remembered everything, Yoonmi-ah. I missed you so much.”

 

You gulped, unable to believe what you heard at first, *W-what? He remembered everything?* He beamed, “Yah, Kim Yoonmi, I really remembered everything. Trust me, babo.” Everyone who passed by you seemed to be gossiping about something and you knew what was it – they were saying how you snatched Hyomin’s ‘boyfriend’, Daehyun.

 

Tears brimmed in your eyes as you looked at your boyfriend. He laughed, “Yah! Kim Yoonmi! Why are you crying?” You smiled, “I’m too happy, Daehyun oppa.” He ruffled your hair as he chuckled. His chuckles made you feel like the both of you were back to the past again.

 

You stopped, “But how about Hyomin? What are you going to tell her?”

 

“The only thing,” He sighed, “is to break up with her.”

 

He continued, “I never liked her in the first place, you see. Since people told me that Hyomin’s my girl, I had to try to remember everything from her. That’s why I acted so lovey-dovey with her but I guess I went too deep into it. I’m sorry for this period, Yoonmi-ah. I know you cried a lot because of me.”

 

You nodded at his answer and then asked, “Who told you that Hyomin’s your girlfriend anyway?”

 

He sighed, “Well, I can’t tell you that right now but I would find the right time to tell you, alright?” You nodded once again to his answer. Nothing felt as great as that moment, when Daehyun was back to you again. However, despite that, some part of you still felt as empty.

 

At that very moment, screams were heard and the both of you turned your head to the direction of the source of the commotion. You looked at the door at the other end of the hallway and saw Woohyun, holding hands with Yoonhee. Woohyun’s face lacked of expression, unlike his usual self, while his two friends – Myungsoo and Sungyeol – were just tagging along behind, without any expression as well.

 

You looked at Woohyun as he passed by you, without even looking at you like how he did usually. You blinked at his unusual actions, *What is wrong with that guy? Did he not see me here or something?* Daehyun looked at you and your expression as Woohyun passed by you. Your brows were knitted together and you seemed a little troubled. “What’s wrong,” He asked, as he held your hand, squeezing it a little.

 

You blinked at him and smiled weakly, “Nothing’s wrong, Daehyun, I’m perfectly fine. Just that there are some stuff which are going on in my brain right now.” *What’s wrong with his change in attitude towards me? Is there anything which is going wrong right now, Nam Woohyun?*
 

--------

 

Author’s Note:

Brought out Yoonmi’s father again :3 Her parents might be the characters which bridges everything together like seriously. Still in the planning on how to make him come out :D But do keep a look out on his character because he should pretty well be the character that brings out the . J Okay, I have been nagging about the for a long time. Have a rough plot for it already, so no worries!

Anyways, Daehyun remembered everything and Woohyun momentarily (take note of the word – Momentarily) returned you to Daehyun. But you might return to Woohyun. Oh yes, I decided to do an alternate ending for the fanfic, because some subbies are actually asking me to do alternate endings. So yeah, is alternate ending better for you guys? It’d be great if I can satisfy everyone <3 Love you guys so muchy <3

Comment and subscribe <3 Let’s communicate here <3 <3 <3 Press that subscribe button if you haven’t :D