The Search

Love Of A Bully..

 

Chapter 36: The Search

 

 

 

You opened your eyes to a peaceful-looking white room. Your nose smelt a sterile scent. You sat up slowly with a throbbing headache, which was left as an effect of the beating up earlier. "Why am I in the hospital," you blinked, not even sure of your own situation.

 

A sudden flashback went through your mind -- Before you were about to shut your eyes, you heard someone's voice. You were rather sure that it was Woohyun's. *I thought he didn't care,* you sighed, *But once again I might have hearing problems.*

 

"Miss Yoonmi," the doctor walked in as he saw you. He paused for a while before continuing to walk in. "Yes doctor?" you looked at him and asked, "May I know if I'm fine to go?"

 

"Of course you are," he smiled, "you are perfectly fine, except for the injuries that you have."

 

He continued, "Can I ask you another question?"

 

"Yeah, sure," you gave a little smile, as you nodded at his question. He sighed, then started, "Is your mother's name Kim Eunah?" 

 

*How did he know it* You blinked with amazement, "Do you happen to know my mum or something?" He laughed, "No, she's probably not the same Kim Eunah that I know. There's so many "Kim Eunah"s on Earth. I can never confirm my statement until I meet your mum."

 

Now that he had asked the question, you found the doctor before you rather familiar. You tried very hard to dig out your memories but apparently, you weren't able to remember who he was. You knew you had seen him somewhere before, just that you couldn't remember where you had seen him.

 

"Yoonmi-ah," Daehyun's voice echoed the ward as he panted. Apparently, he had been running all the way from school again. He ran over to the bed and held your shoulders, while he examined you.

 

He muttered, under his breath but loud enough for you to hear, "Those girls are dead meat. How dare they touch you. They must be out of their mind."

 

You chuckled, "Oppa, I'm fine and control yourself. There's the doctor in here and he said that I'm fine! Chill, alright?"

 

Daehyun glanced at the doctor, who smiled back at him. The doctor laughed, "I shall head out right now. Anytime you want to discharge yourself from the hospital, we would be waiting for you at the counter." You smiled and nodded, then the doctor left the ward.

 

Daehyun heaved a loud sigh of relief, "Well, it's good to know that you aren't injured that badly." You blinked at him with curiosity, wanting to know who brought you to the hospital, desperately. "Oppa," you started, "Who brought me here?"

 

"That Nam Woohyun guy saved you, actually. Then he brought you the nurse's room, where they arranged for you to come to the hospital," he sighed, "I'm so sorry for not being there for you when I should have been."

 

"Oppa," you softened as you held onto his shoulder, "You don't have to always be here for me. Besides, I'm fine right now. Don't be that worried alright?" You smiled as you looked into his eyes, telling him that you were perfectly fine.

 

Daehyun asked, "I shall go out and buy some food for you. What do you want to eat?" You beamed, "I want chicken. Hehe!" He then nodded, "Alright, chicken for our Yoonmi!" He took his wallet and then ran out of the ward.

 

As Daehyun went out, you went back into thinking of Woohyun. *Why did he help me? Didn't he say he didn't like me at all like a couple of hours ago? Why did he still help me? Woohyun, you're such a mystery right now. It feels like everything was back to even when we knew each other. We were basically, like strangers. Or rather, Woohyun was treating me like a stranger!*

 

You snapped out of your thoughts for a while as you remembered that you wanted to search for your dad since ages ago, but you couldn't. So many problems popped up and you just couldn't focus on that very problem. Besides, your mum was on the opposing side. You really didn't understand why but you had to know whose your real father.

 

You thought stubbornly, *If Mum doesn't want me to know, I would become more curious and I would search for my dad. I don't understand why Mum doesn't want me to see him. Its like she hates him.*

 

After another thirty minutes, Daehyun came back from buying the chicken. He smiled, "Your chicken is here, Yoonmi! Let's fill our stomach first alright?"

 

 You nodded eagerly as you were really hungry as well. You looked at Daehyun's excited self, and couldn't help but feel a little softened at his actions. You were the only girl Daehyun treated like a princess. You weren't as attractive as the other girls but you were chosen by him. 

 

However, a certain pang of guilt gushed through you. At that moment, you knew you weren't sure about your own feelings and you didn't know if continuing that relationship was even materialistic or not. You knew you couldn't break up with Daehyun because you know he would be very hurt. It was a very difficult time for you as well.

 

You shrugged it off momentarily and continued munching on the chicken. As you were munching, you started to ask, "Oppa, I want to look for my dad and ask him what happened to him. I doubt Dad dislikes Mum, you see and I have to know what happened."

 

Daehyun blinked, "But wouldn't your mum get angry? She doesn't want you to look for him, isn't it?" He knew your mother’s temper and it would be bad if she knew about this because she was really adamant about that particular issue between her and Yoonmi’s dad.

 

"Mum's overseas, it's alright," you sighed, "But I doubt things were as easy as Mum said. Dad must had some reasons why he ditched Mum for some other girl. There is a hidden reason and I believe in it."

 

Somewhere inside your heart shouted desperately that your dad had a reason when he left your mum, especially after listening to your mum’s story about him. Your determination came from the believing of the fact that your dad didn’t ditch your mum because he wanted to.

 

"But," Daehyun continued, "You don't have any connections and clues to how your dad looks like. How would you even know where to start to search for him?"

 

Your expression turned glum at Daehyun's words. Everything he said made some sense. You got nothing from your Dad. Everything got thrown away or it was burnt by your mum. You didn't even know your real surname. How can you find your Dad in a situation like that. As you were wrecking your brains out, you clicked your fingers and your eyes lit up. You smiled, "I know where to start!"

 

“And that is,” Daehyun’s eyebrows rose with curiosity.  You beamed, “That doctor just now. He asked me for my mother’s name! I guess he knows my mum. Even if it isn’t the same person after I asked, it’s okay because at least I tried.”

------------

Author's Note

 

Hello everyone ^^ I was so shocked when I realised this chapter came out with 1,000+ words because I hand-typed it with my phone. Hope you guys enjoy my newest chapter. Yoonmi's FINALLY on the search of her father which means the character which would build everything up is coming really soon as well.. ^^ Subscribe and comment ^____^ and do not unsub please <3 - jesslyn1234