Chapter 44: Hurt and Coma *EDITED*

Love Of A Bully..

CHAPTER 44: HURT AND COMA

 

 

 

 

Hyomin looked over at the door and saw Woohyun standing there, glaring fiercely at her. “Let her go now,” he said through his gritted teeth.Ignoring his question, Hyomin smirked and said, “Wow, here for a party? A congratulatory party maybe?” She laughed hysterically, but it was really obvious that there was a pathetic tone behind it. “Why do all of you like her,” she asked, while glaring back at you.

At that moment, Daehyun, Myungsoo and Sungyeol caught up with Woohyun and saw the same scene that Woohyun saw earlier.

“Yah,” Daehyun shouted, “Jang Hyomin! Are you mad?”

“No,” She replied while looking back at him, with a pair of really really sad eyes, “Oppa, why do you even like her? She has nothing, unlike me.”

Woohyun started, “I like her because she’s perfect in my eyes. She’s pretty, cute and moreover, she’s kind. She wouldn’t harm people or animals or anything. She may be a little blunt at times, but it’s part of her. Even if she isn’t rich and can’t help me in the financial stuffs, I’ll also accept her. I like her because she’s my Kim Yoonmi, and not any other girls out there.”

You looked at Woohyun, who was looking at you when he spoke about you. Your heart was beating quickly for him, very quickly.

Hyomin laughed again, “Oh whatever.”

She then continued, “Anyway, I’m asking Daehyun, not you. So shut up.”

Before Woohyun could reply anything, Daehyun cut in and said, “I agree with what Woohyun hyung said. Yoonmi is just Yoonmi. She’s nice, pretty cute and more importantly, she’s kind. She’s not like you.”

 

He continued, “Why are you doing things like that? Do you know that you would make me hate you even further if you do things like that? Why are you forcing your love on to me? Love can’t be forced, Hyomin. Which parts of my words do you not understand?”

 

Hyomin looked at you and then looked back at Daehyun, saying, while getting a little tad too emotional already, “I also don’t want to. But because you look at her so much that it’s making me jealous. I’ve tried to made you like me so many times but in the end, you run back to this girl.”

 

She smirked, “That’s why I thought of this way. Killing her would make lives easier right? Yoonhee unnie would be with Woohyun and I would be with Daehyun. Isn’t it great?”

 

Woohyun started, “I’ve never wanted to be with Yoonhee. And for your information, I’ve indirectly separated you and Daehyun, with Yoonhee.”

 

He continued, “Yoonhee gave me a choice of having to choose if I want to be with Yoonmi or not. If I wanted to, Yoonmi would get hurt. If I didn’t, Daehyun would get to know the truth and get back with Yoonmi again.”

 

He said as he recalled all the upsetting memories, “At first I didn’t wanna force her to say her opinion as she would be having a conflict with herself. I wanted her to choose whoever she really loved and not someone whom she wouldn’t be able to spend the rest of her life with. However, that day when we went out together as two couples, the both of us fought and I gradually made her force her answer out, and she chose Daehyun.”

 

Hyomin, who now looked stunned, replied, laughing in a pathetic tone, “So you’re telling me that the person who actually helped me out in this whole Daehyun-being-my-boyfriend thing is also the one who broke Daehyun and I up?”

 

She continued, “.... It’s all because of you, Kim Yoonmi.”

 

“If you didn’t intrude Daehyun’s life,” she said, “things wouldn’t be as complicated as what it is now.”

 

She yelled, “It’s your freaking fault!”

 

At that very moment, police sirens were heard outside and it was the very beginning of all the chaotic things that would be happening soon.

 

“Did you guys call the police,” Hyomin shouted as she asked, totally losing herself already. She was like a mad girl, whose killing someone over something trivial called love.

 

The three guys who brought you over then went over to Myungsoo and Sungyeol and started a fight.

 

The two of them fought and punched the three guys but also got attacked once or twice.

 

You looked around the scene and couldn’t help but feel fear within you. You didn’t want anyone to get hurt, not even the one who abducted you. *Don’t fight, everyone.*

 

Tears started to well up in your eyes and you thought of your late grandmother, *Grandma, I’m really scared that someone would get hurt because of this. I wouldn’t mind if I got hurt but I hope the rest don’t... They’re all innocent lives, isn’t it.*

 

Daehyun then ran over to you and squatted down in front of you, while Woohyun and Hyomin was fighting over the gun.

 

“Hey,” Daehyun said as he loosened your rope and tore away the tape which was covering your mouth, “Don’t cry alright. Nobody would get hurt. Woohyun won’t, Sungyeol won’t, Myungsoo won’t and I won’t.”

 

He continued, “Now, you try to get out of here alright? Crawl below all the commotion and get out there. The police, Yoonhee and your Dad are all out there. Just get to them and safety first, okay?”

 

You nodded and started to crawl slowly out of the commotion, while Daehyun went over and helped the two boys with the three buff men.

 

You looked over at Woohyun and saw him having a hard time grabbing the gun from Hyomin as she was holding it so tight, that it felt as if the gun was actually stuck to her hand. *Crap, I need to help Woohyun. If not, who knows if anything would happen when Hyomin pulls that trigger.*

 

You stood up and ran over to wherever Woohyun was.

 

When you were running, you saw that Hyomin was actually pushing against the trigger accidentally. Your eyes widened and tears engulfed you, *Andwae.*

After a few moments, a loud bang resounded in the room and the room became so silent.

Hyomin looked at the person in front of her as she gaped and she dropped her gun immediately.

Woohyun opened his eyes and saw his shirt stained with blood, along with his loved one, you, Kim Yoonmi in front, with your shirt soaked with blood. Your legs then gave way to the pain as you collapsed onto the floor, with Woohyun catching you.

The pain at that place whereby Hyomin shot you was excruciating.

The pain in your heart was actually hurting so badly as well.

Somehow, you thought at that moment, you wouldn’t be able to be with him forever anymore.

“W-wooh-hyun o-oppa,” you called his name weakly amidst the excruciating pain, “I-i.... am r-really s-sorry.”

“Babo,” he said as tears flowed out of his eyes, “No, don’t say sorry. Nothing will happen to you. Don’t think in a stupid manner, get it? Nothing will happen to you and we’ll still be together till forever. Get it?”

“I-i am sorry,” Your eyes started to feel really heavy and it was closing slowly.

Daehyun was stunned at what he saw. He was so shocked that you actually turned back and helped Woohyun, and you got hurt while you were doing so. “Y-yoonmi,” he whispered as he tried to keep his tears back. His heart was also feeling that sharp pain, just like Woohyun. It felt like fear. The both of them were so scared that they would lose you.

“Yah!” Woohyun started to shout as you closed your eyes, “Kim Yoonmi!! Wake up!”

“Kim Yoonmi!!” He shouted again as he looked down at your closed eyes.





 

- A Year Later -


 

Things changed so much in a year.

Woohyun graduated from high school successfully and now, is studying in Seoul University, which is one of the better universities in the region.

Yoonmi’s dad also resolved his misunderstandings with her mother, though they aren’t back together.

Daehyun is also one of the top students in their school and he decided to keep himself low-profile again.

Hyomin was regretful of what she did and she was receiving her punishment.

However, none of these were ones that you knew of.

 

Due to the gunshot which was at the side of your head, you were in a deep coma for a year. Although the bullet was taken out on time, the doctors said that you would be in a coma, but for how long, nobody knows. 

 

Every single day, after school, Woohyun would go to the hospital and visit you. Every single time he saw you, the pain in his heart never managed to fade away. Daehyun did as well, but whenever he asked Woohyun to go back home after a long day, Woohyun wouldn’t budge.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol would also drop by often with Woohyun to visit you.



 

“Woohyun hyung,” one of Woohyun’s new friends, whose name was Chanho, from the basketball club called, “Do you want to stay back with us and play basketball with us? It’s still quite early today.”

Woohyun smiled and shook his head, saying, “No thanks, I’ll join you guys another time. I have something to attend to.”

Chanho sighed, “Hyung, she still hasn’t shown any improvement?”

Woohyun just nodded his head but continued smiling, “Yeah, but I’m just gonna wait for her.”

He continued, “Hey, see you tomorrow. I have to go already.”

Chanho nodded and smiled, “Alright, see you tomorrow, hyung.”

Woohyun then turned around and walked to the subway. Somehow, that was like his everyday life. He was literally doing that everyday. He didn’t even care if his body was going to break down because he was not going to giving up any small hope of you waking up.

On the way to the hospital, he kept on thinking about how you actually got shot. It was in front of him. He still could remember that dreadful day, which made him lose you temporarily.


When he reached the hospital, he walked into the hospital and took the lift up to your room.

He opened the door and saw the motionless you lying on the bed, as usual. “Yoonmi-ah,” Woohyun beamed as he smiled, “I’m here again.”

He continued, “Guess what we learnt today? It’s your favorite Mathematics.”

He started to sigh as he caressed your cheek, *Yoonmi-ah, I wonder if you hear me. I miss you so badly. I miss your smile, your laughter, and the times when you bicker with me over trivial matters.*

Woohyun opened his bag and took out a letter.

“Hey,” he started, “Today I got a letter from the top university in Australia. They offered me a scholarship. I don’t feel like going for it. I know if you’re awake, you would totally scold me and ask me to go. But now, because you’re like this, I can’t bear to leave you. Yoonmi-ah, I don’t know what I should do.”

He continued, “I know its a rare chance for me to go to Australia. It’s so hard for us to get into good universities like that. I just can’t make myself go. I can’t make myself leave you. I’m so scared that you would leave me anytime.”

He touched your cheeks and tried to force out a smile, saying, “I’ll think over this properly and make a choice which you would actually feel proud of me, alright, Yoonmi?”

He put away the letter and took out his lunch.

He opened it and said while chuckling, “Yoonmi-ah, I’m having Kimchi stew today. It’s smells awesome isn’t it?”

He continued, “When you wake up, I’d bring you to this place to have Kimchi stew. Its somewhere in my school. It’s not expensive and I would buy it for you, so don’t worry.”



 

- Yoonmi’s POV -


 

When I opened my eyes, I was in my house. “Why am I here,” I blinked, “Aren’t I in that warehouse?”

“Yoonmi-ah,” I looked over and saw my grandmother.

“Halmeoni?!” I gasped.

“Yeah,” she laughed, “Dear, you’re not dead yet. I know what you’re thinking up there.”

“You’re just sleeping in the real world,” she continued, “Sleeping deeply.”

She explained, “You’ll need to return to the real world really soon.”

I shook my head and hugged my grandmother, saying, “I don’t want to, halmeoni.”

She pushed me away and flicked my forehead, like what she loved to do when I said something wrong. She scolded, “You’re not supposed to do so. The people who love you in the real world would be so hurt. Daehyun, your mother, your father, and this new guy called Woohyun. They would be so hurt. Especially that Woohyun.”

She continued, “Somehow I can feel that he’s very sad and he’s the one who is by your side for the longest. If you decide to stay with me, he would be the most upset and he would be hurting the most. Yoonmi, think sensitively, okay?”

After grandma said that sentence, the surroundings around me turned pitch black.

I squeaked as I was feeling the fear within me, "H-halmeoni?"

 

At that very moment, a very familiar voice started to speak, “Today I got a letter from the top university in Australia. They offered me a scholarship. I don’t feel like going for it. I know if you’re awake, you would totally scold me and ask me to go. But now, because you’re like this, I can’t bear to leave you. Yoonmi-ah, I don’t know what I should do.”

*Woohyun,* I immediately recognized that voice of his.

He continued, “I know its a rare chance for me to go to Australia. It’s so hard for us to get into good universities like that. I just can’t make myself go. I can’t make myself leave you. I’m so scared that you would leave me anytime. I’ll think over this properly and make a choice which you would actually feel proud of me, alright, Yoonmi?”

 

*This is all my fault,* I started to feel guilty and started to feel tears welling up.

*I have to wake up soon,* I told myself afterwards.


 

- Author’s Note -


Ahh, I’m really bad at writing all these kind of stories T_T Forgive me for the badly written chapter. I did my best TT_TT;; Anyways, comment and subscribe if you haven’t! And the story is coming to an end really soon.

P.S. I edited the story to fit some logical stuff. This time round, I have my own experience. My uncle, as I heard from my aunt, did not wake up even after the anaesthetic has worn off. So, yeah, let's just place it this way. :)