Hyomin's Threat

Love Of A Bully..

Chapter 41: Hyomin's Threat.

 

Woohyun pulled away from you, with his cheeks slightly burning.

He whispered, “Hey.”

You looked at him with tear stains at the edges of your eyes. He reached out for your cheeks and wiped away the stains. He knew how you felt. The pain when your dignity was taken. Although this type of things never happened to him before, he felt how you feel.

“Thank you for just now,” you hiccupped as you continued to cry. He looked at you cry and he literally became stiff. He didn’t know what to do. Like previously when he saw you cry, he couldn’t make himself move. He didn’t know what to do to make you smile or stop crying.

After a while, he pulled you in for a hug, hushing, “Yoonmi-ah, there won’t be danger anymore. I’m here.”

You nodded. Somehow being in his arms made you felt secure and definitely, safe.

“Can I ask you something?” you started.

“Yeah,” he replied.

You paused for a while, and sighed, before saying, “Were you serious when you said you were acting like you like me and were you serious about us not being friends anymore?”

Each of the words that came out from your mouth sent a painful tingly feeling to your heart, and Woohyun’s. Yes, he was as hurt as you.

He never wanted to do that to you but since you wanted to be with Daehyun, he allowed.

On the other hand, after Woohyun left you, you started to realize your true feelings bit by bit.

“Yoonmi,” he sighed, “I was… not serious. But trust me, I had my reasons for that and I’ll tell you when it’s the correct time.”

Before you could reply, he smiled softly, “Shall we get our Yoonmi back home?”

You nodded, “Uh huh, it’s getting late as well.”

He looked at your semi-tattered clothes because of the incident earlier and stopped in his tracks for a while to take out his jacket. He then placed the jacket on you.

“Yah,” you blinked, “You mad? The wind around here is gushing.”

He smiled, “I’m good.”

“But you’ll get sick,” you chided.

He shook his head and looked at you, saying, “But if you get sick, my heart will hurt more.”

His greasy words made your heart melt for a moment. Somehow the both of you were back to what you were two days ago. It may sound crazy but you had to thank a little to the incident earlier for the both of you to be talking like that again.

The both of you then walked down to the bus stop where you came from today. It was a quiet but not awkward walk. Somehow it gave peace to your heart.

“O-oppa,” You stuttered.

He looked at you and smiled, “Hmm?”

“You know,” you continued, “Previously you asked me about who would make me happier right? That answer I gave you … I was hesitating actually. I didn’t know what to give. I was confused, because I no longer understand how I feel about you and Daehyun oppa.”

“Oh,” he laughed bitterly, “I was such a bastard then. I shouldn’t have had asked you for the answer so quickly. I got angry and then things just became like that. Mianhae, Yoonmi."

You shook your head and gave a little smile, a real one since a few days, which felt like an eternity without him. You sighed, "But I'm really curious why you did that. Really."

He gave a small laugh, and ruffled your hair, "Babo, don't think too much. Get it?"

When the both of you arrived at the bus stop, the bus also arrived. The both of you then boarded the bus and managed to grab a seat. He smiled, and blinked, while standing next to one of the seats, "Ladies first."

You went into the seat first and Woohyun then plumped himself into the seat next to yours.

Woohyun took out his MP4 player and plugged one side of the earphones to your ear, whilst the others to his. You blinked, "What are you doing?"

He sighed playfully, "Chill, Yoonmi. Listen to this song. I found it recently. It sounds rather good."

(Play this = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi6wIilOWQ)

When the song was playing, a surge of confusion ran through your mind. Though the lyrics weren't related to your feelings, the rhythm made you feel so. Although you felt like you were betraying Daehyun, you couldn't deny the fact that you were building strong feelings for Woohyun either.

The times you gone through the both of them. Daehyun was important and Woohyun, was also gradually becoming more important as each day passed. The conflict within your heart was seriously getting into the way.

You know you liked Woohyun a little more than what you felt for Daehyun now. It was as if the feelings you had for Woohyun now was the kind of feelings you had for Daehyun when you met him.

As you were going through your thought process, you felt something heavy hit your shoulder and immediately snapped out of the trance. You looked at Woohyun, who fell asleep and landed on your shoulder.

"Yah," you sighed, "I think I like you, Woohyun. But I really don't have the courage to tell you this if you're awake. I don't know if I really like you or if its just infatuation. I don't want to hurt you, neither do I want you to hate me."

Tears brimmed in your eyes as you continued, "When you said we shouldn't even be acquaintances anymore, my heart hurt badly. And these few days when the both of us weren't talking. It was becoming like an eternity for me."

You then wiped a few tears away, to keep them from dropping down.

Woohyun, who wasn't asleep, heard everything. *Yoonmi, I was the stupid one. If I didn't do that, we wouldn't have had became like that. I love you, Yoonmi. I love you too.*

When the bus was reaching your stop, you reached out to press the bell, accidentally pushing Woohyun's head away from your shoulder.

He acted like he snapped out from his dreams and looked at you with a baffled expression, saying, "What just happened?"

"Oops," you laughed sheepishly, "Sorry, oppa. I didn't mean to, hehe."

He smiled, "Nah, it's okay." *I know you're hurting in there. Looking at you laugh like that and knowing that you were hurt. It because it hurts so much in there for me as well.*

He then walked you to your house. He ruffled your hair again and chuckled, "Yah, so I'll be seeing you on Monday right?"

You nodded, "Uh huh. See you on Monday."

You turned around and was ready to go back home. However, Woohyun stopped you by adding, "Can I do me a favor?"

"Yes," you nodded, unsure of what he wanted."

"Can you act like we aren't friends in school," He said as he touched your cheek, giving a vulnerable look, "because I don't want you to get hurt."

 

--

 

On Monday, you went to school with Daehyun as usual. Daehyun was holding your hand as the both of you walked into the school building. You have had to admit that that tingly feeling wasn't the same anymore. 

Daehyun also noticed that you became a little brighter and happier but he shrugged it off, *She's probably on a very very very good mood today.*

Before you could enter the classroom, girls around you started to squeal and it could only mean one thing -- Nam Woohyun and his group of friends. Woohyun walked past you, not giving you any recognition like what he requested for. 

*Yoonmi, I'm sorry.* Woohyun thought in his mind as he kept his unreadable expression on his face.

When Woohyun and his group of friends left, Hyomin came over and grabbed onto Daehyun in front of you. "Daehyun," she whined, "Don't tell me you never liked me during the period when you still didn't get your memories?"

Daehyun sighed, "I thought I did, until the day you kissed me. There wasn't any sparks between us nor I thought I really did feel anything towards you."

He ended off in a harsh tone, "Wake up, Hyomin. I'll never like you. In my heart, there's only Yoonmi and Yoonmi. The love that you got from me was just an act and it was full of lies. So, wake up before I become nastier."

"Daehyun oppa," Hyomin glared at him, then glared back at you, "and Kim Yoonmi, you better watch out. I will never let your wish of the both of you ending up together become true. Watch it because you don't know whose got my back."