Confrontation and Secrets?

Love Of A Bully..

 

Chapter 33: Confrontation and Secrets?

 

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

I knew she was there but I couldn’t do anything much. I couldn’t say hi to me, neither could I even glance at her. I knew she was looking at me the whole time when I walked past her but I couldn’t explain to her about my actions. Moreover, I already let go of her and allowed her to return to Daehyun. Wasn’t that what she wanted? I granted her wish and it was time for me to learn how to let go of her, isn’t it?

I never felt so conflicted in my life before. She was the first ever person to make me feel that way. Although Yoonhee was more provocative than her and more popular than her, I felt nothing against that annoying girl. In my eyes, she was merely a passerby in my life who would just swing me to one side, sooner or later.

“Oppa,” Yoonhee called me as she continuously blinked her eye, trying to look innocent, “Why are you looking so glum?”

I ignored her question and continued to walk forward to Yoonhee’s class. I had to let her go back to her class or she would be annoying me for who-knows-how long. Myungsoo and Sungyeol, who were behind us, were feeling rather disgusted at this girl’s actions. They disliked girls who acted like that. It was the same scenario as well.

 Who said that the popular must go with the popular? Who said the rich must hang out with the poor? Myungsoo was a rich kid, but he went out with a poor guy like me. Did statuses even matter? Why can’t Yoonhee find another who would love her for who she was? Or it was merely because I was the kingka of the school.

When we dropped Yoonhee off, Sungyeol heaved a huge sigh of relief and whined, “She’s so disgusting. I’m not even joking.” Myungsoo sighed, “Hyung, what’re you thinking? Why did you accept her? Wasn’t that Yoonmi girl from that Year 1 class good enough for you?”

I laughed bitterly as we walked to our class, “What’s the use when it’s only a one-sided love? It’s really useless for me to devote my feelings in that relationship which would stay platonic forever. She never liked me from the start. All she had in her heart was her Daehyun.”

Myungsoo sighed, “But hyung, I think she’s starting to put her feelings in you. It was from what I saw in her eyes when we walked past her.” Sungyeol nodded, regaining his composition, “I agree with Myungie. Her eyes were really sad when you walked past her, like as if she was invisible or something.”

I shook my head as I walked ahead of them, “Whatever. Even if it was that, she still liked Daehyun more than me. I asked her, in hope that it was me, but I guess not. She never felt as happy as she was with him.”

Images of Yoonmi started to surface in my mind. The way she got angry when we just met was comical. The way she smiled made my heart pound madly. The way she cried made me afraid. The way she looked insecure made my heart break. I remembered every single moment of our encounters with each other. My feelings for her were also growing very quickly from the first day I met her.

*How I wish the things that you guys said about Yoonmi would come true.* I thought sadly. Although I hoped her answer was me, I knew it would never happen. Everything would go back to the times before Daehyun’s accident.

 

Yoonmi’s POV

 

I felt so upset at that moment when he didn’t bother to even look at me and told me a simple hello. He just walked past my side like nothing happened the previous night. It was as if everything returned to the times before Daehyun’s accident. Despite the fact that Daehyun was back to me again, I couldn’t help but feel queasy at the fact that Woohyun started to act like that.

I sat at my table and tried to concentrate in class but all I had on my mind was Woohyun, and nothing else. I needed to talk to him about his change in attitude. I had to ask to get a piece of my mind and the only time that I could do that was during our lunch break.

I took out my phone and texted him, ‘Nam Woohyun, meet me at the school garden during lunch break. I would be waiting there for you.’ It was winter and it was extremely cold out there, so I thought he might come over due to that. That was the only way I thought of that I could meet him.

During lunch, I asked Daehyun to head to the school cafeteria first while I went to the school garden. I walked slowly to the school garden as my heart started to pick up speed. I was insecure, scared and of course, afraid of what I was actually going to hear from him. I wanted him to provide me with a good explanation.

As I inched closer to the garden, his silhouette by the tree caught my attention. The way he looked sullen and how he was absorbed into his thoughts were charismatic. *Wait, what I am thinking about,* I sighed to myself and quickened my pace to the garden. I called, “Yah, Woohyun.”

He looked at me with a cold expression and asked, “What do you want?”

I sighed, “Woohyun, I wanna apologize about yesterday.  I shouldn’t have shouted at you. Don’t be angry with me, alright?”

He replied straightly, “I’m not even angry with you.” He straightened and then continued, “If you have nothing else to say, I’m leaving.”

As he walked past me, I grabbed his arm swiftly and questioned him, “Then why are you looking at me as if I am nothing to you. We’re friends, aren’t we?”

He snapped, “You got Daehyun already. You got what you want, so I shouldn’t be disturbing you anymore, right? Weren’t you the one who disliked me from the start? Why are you asking me to look at you and give you some recognition? I never liked you anyways. The confession and everything else was all an act.”

I slowly let go of his hand as my heart started to feel sour at his words. I thought I told myself that I didn’t like him but whenever I saw him, my heart started to pound crazily and his sweet actions seemed to make it jump faster. I didn’t even know the reason for myself but it just came to me like that.

Tears started to brim in my eyes as I listened to his words. “Don’t find me ever again,” he sighed, “We both have our own boyfriend and girlfriend already, we shouldn’t mix with each other that much anymore. Bye.” He walked away from the scene and tears immediately flowed out from my eyes, at that very moment.

I cried, “How can you tell me everything was a joke? You placed in your real feelings, didn’t you?” When he told me that I already had Daehyun and I didn’t need him anymore, everything came crashing on me. “I am not sure of my own feelings now,” I continued, “How can you ask me to give you a proper answer even when I’m not so sure about myself now.”

 

Author’s POV

 

You walked into the cafeteria after a few minutes, with your swollen eyes, due to all the crying. As you walked to Daehyun’s table, Woohyun and his friends’ one were also nearby and you had to pass by his table to get to Daehyun’s. Yoonhee was clinging onto his arm like a koala bear, and he didn’t look amused as well. Neither did any of his friends.

You slowly walked past his table, still trying to forget about his existence. When you sat down at Daehyun’s table, he observed your eyes and realized they were rather swollen. *What’s wrong with her? Did she cry or something?* He softly reached for your cheeks and caressed it. He asked rather loudly, “Did you cry just now?”

Since his voice was raised rather loudly, Woohyun and his table could hear it. His ears perked up at Daehyun’s question, *D-did I go overboard just now? I’m sorry if I did, Yoonmi. I’m a jerk. A big one.*

You stifled a fake laugh and said, “It’s nothing, oppa. I’m just tired.” He shrugged, “If you say so.”

Despite the fact that you denied it, Daehyun knew that something was wrong with you. Nothing beats someone who had been with you for years, right? He sighed mentally as he looked at you, munching on your food spiritlessly and upsettingly, *There’s something going on and you didn’t tell me. Why do I feel like you’re keeping something from me?*

 

-- Author's Note --

Hi subscribers, its me with a not-so-good chapter this time. I took a week or more to write this chapter and to be honest, I've been really tired recently. Even when doing other things, my eyes are like closing on me... T____T Didn't get to sleep much due to cramps. :( I've been having leg cramps the past few nights :|

Going to nap for a while now^^ Bye~

Comment and subscribe..!!

Don't unsubscribe from me or I will haunt you  Sigh, don't unsubscribe okay??