Chapter 7 - Crazy

I Saw That

What happened earlier this morning really messed up your mind. No matter how hard you tried, you still couldn't be focus at all. Everyone was like mumbling in a foreign language you didn't know. You couldn't get any single thing of what your teacher said, as if you were an alien coming from another galaxy. You even totally forgot to pack your lunch, meaning that you also forgot to pack Myungsoo's.

The only thing you could think of, also fully concentrated at, was your nightmares. Instead of taking some notes from the lessons, you used your drawing talent and drew every single thing you remembered on your book. You tried hard to dig your memory and made sketches of all the details you saw.
 


Everyone thought you had gone crazy.



And finally, the glorious bell rang. While all the other students were absorbed into the euphoria of having their lunch, you just sat there on your desk, lying your head above it, stared at nothing.

"____-ah, don't you wanna eat?" Jiae sat beside you, offering her lunch. Still, you didn't react.

"____-ah, seriously. You're scaring me!" said Soojung while and fixing your messy long hair.

Right then, Myungsoo came to your class with a big plastic bag on his hand.

"Myungsoo, she's been like this since morning," Soojung reported as Myungsoo reached your desk.

"I know. ____-ah..." Myungsoo met his eyes with yours, trying to catch your attention, "Let's go to the rooftop!"

You lifted your head and nodded. You took the book where you drew on earlier and walked outside, following Myungsoo who was holding your other hand. Jiae and Soojung knew that only Myungsoo could handle this, so they let him bring you out from the crowded, noisy class to the most peaceful part of the school; the rooftop.


"____-ah, eat this." Myungsoo took out two packs of rice ball he bought earlier at the cafeteria. He handed you one and ate his, but you just stared at the big triangular rice ball and didn't even bother to open it.

"Aish, you could get sick. Here..." He grabbed the rice ball and and opened it for you. You were too lazy to even open your mouth but he kept insisting to feed you, sticking the rice ball to your lips. At last you gave up and ate it.

After eating, you took the book you brought and showed Myungsoo what you drew.

"This was the first man I saw," you pointed at a picture of a man; his eyes were filled with grudge, "and this was the lady who tried to kill me. She has the same eyes."

Myungsoo's eyes went bigger while flipping through all the pages you drew on. He was confused.

"Myungsoo, those dreams must be real."

"You gotta be kidding me, ____."

"I'm not kidding, Kim Myungsoo. I swear I saw all of these." You showed him other scenes of the murder. Myungsoo looked at you in disbelief. He was at a loss for words.

"I wanna find out what's really happening, and..."

"____-ah," Myungsoo cut your words, "I think you really need some rest."

You were taken aback with his words. You thought Myungsoo would believe you.

"Myungsoo... I thought you'd listen." You tried to hold your tears and grabbed the book Myungsoo was holding. You ran away from the rooftop, running downstairs and locked yourself inside the toilet.


You didn't get out until the school ended. Jiae and Soojung found you and successfully got you out after half an hour of persuading.

"My goodness, _____!" Jiae hugged you tightly once you got out. Soojung joined the group hug.

"What happened to you? Let us know," said Soojung with concern.

"Why did you do this? What's the problem?" Jiae dragged you and Soojung out from the toilet and the three of you got back to the class. The other students had gone home already.

"Now, tell us what happened." Jiae and Soojung took their position, waiting eagerly for your story.




"I... I had bad dreams."