Chapter 26 - New

I Saw That

You, yourself, couldn't believe that you agreed with Myungsoo's idea to go back to the place where the nightmare came to real, to Jiah's house. Why would you go to the place where you knew you might die? However, you too were unable to think of any other action to take.

Myungsoo had the point there. Jiah's house was the only place that you two could go to right now. Myungsoo was certain that the house held even more clues inside, more than just a bunch of pictures on the wall.

And that's how you ended up, literally, sticking to Myungsoo's back, shutting your eyes in fear as Myungsoo sped up his bike on the asphalt road. Your heart pace kept rising. As much as you hated your current life, you didn't want to die yet... at least not from a bike accident.

At last, you could feel him pulling the brake some minutes later. The bike had finally stopped moving. Phew.

 

And now there you were, right in front of Jiah's house.

Honestly, you couldn’t explain what you felt. You didn’t want to step in, yet you had to. There’s definitely something about this place. You could feel it as you walked through the unlocked gate, passing the small garden before you and Myungsoo finally reached the front door.

There’s something, or maybe someone, that kept calling you to go in. You weren’t sure what it was, though.

Well, not yet.

 

 

 

To your surprise, the house was cleaner than ever. And by clean, you meant that there’s no evidence that this place was once a crime scene or whatever you called it. This place was just... normal, especially the kitchen. No blood, not even a single drop. No bait. No head. No dead body.

There's nothing suspicious about this house, and that's what made it suspicious.

Myungsoo couldn't help but drop his jaw as the two of you entered the house further. It was totally different from what you saw last night. Everything was bright. Everything was arranged neatly. This was one cozy house, for sure. But the atmosphere wasn't. Somehow, coldness filled the air; you could feel it.

"What the... What's going on here?" said Myungsoo as his eyes wandered through the rooms in this house. No matter how many times he blinked, he still couldn't believe his own eyes. There's no way that the miserable place that he once stepped in could change in just one night, being good as new.

 

Someone must've cleaned the mess up.

But how come? Was it Jungyeop?

Even if Jungyeop did, what kind of magic did he use?

 

"Myungsoo, let's go to that room." You pulled his hand and dragged him upstairs.

You had no idea of where to start this exploration, except from the white room, the one where Myungsoo found those pictures. You didn't expect much, though. You just hoped that you could find something meaningful, something useful to help you solve this mystery, even if it's just a small clue.

That's probably enough to describe how hopeless you felt.

Anyway, you could hear the voice clearer; the voice that had been calling you earlier. It became even louder as you walked closer to that white room. Now that you were standing in front of its door, you were more than sure that the voice came from this room, or maybe someone inside the room.

"Stay behind me, okay?" Myungsoo told you. You nodded and stood behind Myungsoo's back.

"Be careful, Myungsoo."

 

Slowly, Myungsoo opened the door to the white room.

So far so good. No surprise appearance nor sudden attack welcomed your visit to the room. The room itself was still the same, seemed to remain untouched. Those pictures were still neatly sticked there. From all the rooms in the house, this room was probably the only one that didn't change at all.

As soon as you stepped inside, the voice's gone.

That voice, was that the room calling you to get in? But that was... irrational.

 

Myungsoo, on the other hand, directly had his attention paid to the pictures. They were still neatly sticked on the wall.

 

That man in Mt. Namsan. Suho.

That guy found behind NB Club. Minseok.

That red-haired lady. Honestly, she was beautiful.

The other guy that was still unknown.

And the last was nobody but Jiah.

 

 

 

But wait.

 

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

 

 

 

Six.

 

 

 

A new picture had been sticked, along with all the pictures you saw yesterday.

 

 

 


 

Whoa, I just noticed that the number of views and also subscribers have increased like A LOT in the past week.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm so touched T___T

As a gift, I'll give you guys a preview for the next chapter to come :D

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I should've told you earlier..." he smiled gently. You had to admit that it was the most charming smile of his that you'd ever seen. It was so warm, yet so heartbreaking at the same time.

"Idiot. Why are you smiling like that?" Tears kept rolling down your face no matter how hard you tried to hold them. You bit your lips hard, so hard that it started bleeding, just to stop yourself from crying an ocean. But that was no use. There's no way you didn't cry at this kind of moment. Everybody would cry at this kind of moment.

 

This time, you really had no choice.