Chapter 9 - Paper

I Saw That

You threw yourself to your lovely fluffy bed right after you got into your room, which was filled with the color of sunset as the night was about to fall. You didn't even bother to change your clothes. All the madness happened made you so exhausted, both physically and mentally. Perhaps, Myungsoo was right. You indeed needed some rest. A really long one, if you could.

 

It was Jiae who insisted to go to the school's library earlier. After hearing the whole story of your nightmares and the murders, plus looking at those sketches you made, Jiae thought that she had to show you something important. She then brought you along with Soojung; both had no idea of what Jiae was looking for nor why they had to go to the library at the first place.

There, Jiae looked up and took one of the newspapers piled up above a small table. It was from two days ago. She quickly flipped through the pages, leaving you and Soojung just staring cluelessly at the newspaper.

"There it is!" Jiae stopped at one page and pointed one of the headlines.

 

Dead man found near Mt. Namsan's hiking area.

 

"I don't get it," you said while scratching your head.

"____-ah, look..." Soojung pointed the picture attached at the bottom of the article.

It was exactly the same with what you drew. Even the smallest details like the bushes and the blood stains; they were exactly the same with what you saw that night. You couldn't say a word; neither Soojung nor Jiae, too. You then read the whole article and was once again at loss of words. Everything matched perfectly; except that they hadn't found out who the murderer was, unlike you.

You had no doubt this time. You truly witnessed that murder.

"I think you'll need this." Soojung tore the article and handed it to you. You stared at it and looked back at your two friends.

"And what should I do now?" You were blank and seriously didn't know what to do. You were too startled with this surprising news.

"Let's just go home for now," Jiae suggested, as she noticed your eye bags started getting bigger.

Things became clearer now, even just for a little bit. Everything you dreamed of was real, for sure.

 

You looked again, for like a hundred times already, at that piece of paper you brought from the library. You'd been holding it tightly all the way home, and it was still there on your hand. No matter how many times you re-read it, it was still too hard to believe. You then threw it on the floor and closed your eyes.

You were tired. Even when your phone rang, you didn't even feel like picking it up. A new message came but you didn't even bother to open and read it. You were just so tired.

 

"____-ah!"

You heard someone calling your name while knocking. You forced yourself to get up and see who that was. And you saw that beautiful creature, again; that figure you thought would never step his feet on your balcony ever again. Someone you missed.

 


Myungsoo.