Chapter 3 - News

I Saw That

The next morning, you woke up with your pillow back under your head. Myungsoo and his big white blanket were nowhere to be found. He seemed to have gone back to his room. Still feeling sleepy, you finally got up and got ready for school.

Although you had a nice dream following after, you still couldn't forget what you were dreaming of earlier. You felt like somehow, that wasn't just a simple nightmare. How could you just ignore those eyes? That gaze... But you decided not to think about it. Perhaps Myungsoo was right. It was just a dream.

After getting prepared, you went to the kitchen. You greeted mom and dad who were already there. As usual, your parents the tv, watching the morning news while having their breakfast. You joined them and had yours.

"How was your sleep, honey?" Mom asked you.

For some seconds you were silent, pretending to be chewing. But then you quickly answered, "Fine."

Of course, it was fine. Myungsoo was with you all night long. He was sleeping with you, though he practically was on the floor. He even held your hand while sleeping. The nightmare indeed ruined half of your night, but the rest was even more than fine. If anyone saw that, they might've mistaken you as his girlfriend or something.

Your parents knew that Myungsoo and you were close each other, as the two of you grew up together. But they didn't have a clue that both of you were that close.

Anyway, you didn't have to tell everything, did you?

And so, you quickly finished your meal to avoid any further questions and packed your lunch. You then took out two lunchboxes. It wasn't all yours, of course. The red one was yours and the black one was Myungsoo's.

You weren't Myungsoo's maid or something. Making lunch for him everyday had simply been a habit for you. You could say that it's how you thanked him for giving you a ride to school with his black motorbike. That's how it worked.

"Mom, dad. I'm leaving."

"Be careful, honey" said your mom. Your dad waved at you.

And so, you left for school with Myungsoo, like you always did.

That was right when that news, which fortunately you didn't see, was aired on TV.

"This morning, a man was found dead near the area of Mt. Namsan, Seoul.
The identity of the victim is still under investigation.
Police assumed that the man was killed, as they found a visible stab wound right in the man's heart.
Further investigation on this murder is still being done."