Chapter 40 - Bang

I Saw That

a/n:

okay... so... uhm...

i think i need to hide from you guys right now cuz...

yeah... you'll see...

so... bye.

 

/jump off a cliff/

 


 

 

 

"____-ah," Myungsoo said between his sobs and chuckled bitterly. "Remind me to buy you tiramisu."

 

 

 

Suddenly you heard someone's clapping, ruining this perfect moment you had with the love of your life, Myungsoo. That was quite a surprise since it was supposed to be only you and Myungsoo here.

“Oh God, here we go again.” Myungsoo sneered.

“Can’t we just have a break?” You sighed.

 

"Whoa... look at you two, lovebirds." Jungyeop was once again there, on the second floor of his very own office, sitting on a wooden chair placed next to the window. Neither you nor Myungsoo expected that he would come back that soon.

"Am I disturbing? Sorry, I just stop by to take my gun." The 44 mm Magnum revolver was already there on his big, nasty hand. Your eyes widened. Uh oh, that wasn’t good.

"I thought you'd make a good use of it." Jungyeop was eyeing Myungsoo, who was glaring back at him with all the grudge and anger on his eyes. Myungsoo was about to take a step forward, but you held his waist.

 

"Don't do anything stupid, Myungsoo."

 

 

 

Unfortunately, it was too late. Myungsoo released himself from you and ran toward the demon. He was caught off-guard; Myungsoo effortlessly snatched the gun from Jungyeop’s hand.

“____-ah, catch it!”

The gun was flying toward your direction. Jungyeop pushed Myungsoo and tried to catch the gun, but Myungsoo blocked him. You caught it; your hands shook a lot as you held it. This time Jungyeop successfully knocked Myungsoo over, and he was running to you. You were his next target.

Everything happened really fast and created a huge chaos inside your brain. Once again, you saw those eyes; the eyes of a murderer. You really didn’t know what to do. And there came the time when your body took over your mind. With that gun in your tiny hand, the only thing you had in your mind was to save yourself… and Myungsoo.

 

This time, you really had no choice.

 

 

 

Bang.

 

 

 

You could only stare when Jungyeop fell down to the floor right in front of your eyes, losing his consciousness slowly before his demonic soul really left his body. You swore you saw him smirking as his body hit the floor, as he was mocking you for the last time.

 

No. This wasn’t right.

 

As Jungyeop was completely knocked out, another body collapsed to the cold wooden floor behind him. Myungsoo, on the other hand, fell to the ground as well, even though he wasn’t the target of the bullet.

 

Jungyeop wasn’t lying.

 

“Myungsoo…” You ran to him –literally jumped over Jungyeop’s dead body, kneeled down and hugged him close to your chest. For the nth time today, you cried. Only this time, you cried because of your own stupidity.

You didn’t mean to shoot Jungyeop. Self defense was the reason. Well, actually you did. You finally ended all the nightmares with one single shot right into Jungyeop's heart.

 

But you didn’t mean to kill Myungsoo.

 

“W-why… Oh my God, why am I so stupid?”

“No, ____, you’re not.”

 

“I’m so sorry…” Myungsoo shook his head. He let out a faint groan. The pain on his heart, the exact same place as where you hit Jungyeop with the bullet, was killing him. He tried his best not to cry, not in front of you who was already on a breakdown.

“What have I done?” You sobbed while gently Myungsoo’s face. He smiled at you; it was even way more heartbreaking than the one when he confessed, when he kissed you.

“Don’t worry ____. You did the right thing.” Myungsoo forced himself to speak. It might be his last chance anyway. There was a hint of relief inside him. Everything was finally over, even though it meant that he would lose you –or rather you would lose him.

 

“____-ah, can I a-ask you s-something?” Myungsoo panted as he was trying to resist the unbearable pain he felt all over his body. Cold sweats started dropping. He knew he didn’t have much time.

“What is it, Myungsoo?” Guilt was all over you; Myungsoo noticed from the way your eyes frowned, the way you cried, the way you held him.

 

 

 

“Do you… l-love me?”