Chapter 33 - Office

I Saw That

You didn’t recall having Jungyeop’s address but you did keep his phone number. You remembered how hopeless you were, calling that cursed number you found on the net to get some help. And now you totally regretted the decision you made. If only you knew that things would end up being a total mess like this, you surely wouldn’t call Jungyeop.

But then again, even if you didn’t call Jungyeop for help, things might still end up the same way. There was definitely something, though it’s still invisible and unclear at the moment, which linked every piece of your nightmare

You tried your best to recall where you found out about Jungyeop. Luck seemed to be on your side right now. You finally found his address. It was somewhere in Apgujeong. With no hesitation, both of you made your way to Apgujeong. The evening was ironically beautiful when you got there.

 

The destined place was nearly invisible, totally covered by the luxurious high end shopping centers Apgujeong had all over its streets. A small alley led you to a modest two-story flat that seemed to be neglected. You double checked the address –perhaps your eyes deceived you earlier, but you were sure that it was the right address. This flat in front of your eyes was what supposed to be Jungyeop’s office.

“Shall we go in?” Myungsoo offered you his hand. You gladly took it and linked your arms together. As long as Myungsoo was by your side, you were ready to face anything.

 

 

 

“Excuse me?” You politely knocked on the door. As expected, there was no answer.

“Let’s just get in.” Myungsoo grabbed the knob and opened the door. It was unlocked, like the flat was expecting someone to come. You were greeted with another mess.

 

Apparently, Myungsoo and you had reached the right place. As soon as you got inside, you could see documents and papers stacked and piled everywhere around the first floor that you considered as the office. Books about myths and metaphysical stuffs and lots of weird photographs were thrown everywhere. This surely was Jungyeop’s office.

 

 

 

Suddenly you heard some footsteps.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo, did you hear that?”

“Hear what?” Myungsoo seemed to be way too absorbed with Jungyeop’s strange properties to hear what you clearly heard.

“I heard foot steps from upsta–”

Once again, you heard footsteps. This time was louder and Myungsoo too could hear them. You exchanged gaze with Myungsoo; both were scared and not sure of what to do. Should you chase the sound? Should you go away?

 

“Let’s go upstairs.” You had no doubt on your words, which not only surprised Myungsoo but also surprised yourself as well. You weren’t sure why you were this determined, too.

Myungsoo nodded. He held you even tighter this time. Whatever might come out, he would face it.

 

For you.

 

Myungsoo led you upstairs, slowly making each steps to the second floor, trying not to make too much sounds. There weren’t many things upstairs. A king sized bed that seemed to be worn out already, a wooden table with nothing above it paired with a matching wooden chair, an opened door led to a small bathroom; that’s all. You assumed that whoever lived here must only used this part of flat to rest and nothing else.

 

“Hello?” Innocently –more like bluntly to be honest, you asked the surprisingly empty room. Shivers trailed down both Myungsoo’s and your spine. Both of you did hear those footsteps. But look, no one was there.

“Let’s just get back, ____-ah.”

 

 

 

 

“Not so fast, young lad.”

 

 

 

 

You wished you could just teleport somewhere, anywhere but this place, when you heard that voice. So did Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 


a/n:

okay, so i'm in a really good mood to write hahaha

i kept my promise, didn't i?

next chapter will be a tough one for me honestly ;A;

i'll post it as soon as i finish

tomorrow... perhaps?