Chapter 20 - Peace

I Saw That

At last, you could see the apartment building, only some meters away from your current sight. After about half an hour of running through the roads that seemed to be endless, you could see your final destination now; the only place on earth where you could feel safe, away from the dangerous world outside; your home, up there on the 8th floor.

Myungsoo was still running with you. The two of you were just running and running, without letting out any words from both mouths. Both of you just wanted to reach the safe point first, before proceeding to a higher level in solving this mystery; your worst nightmare.

You couldn't hide your happiness when you finally could hit the lift button. You and Myungsoo are just some seconds away from home. Finally.

 

 

"____-ah,"

Myungsoo finally broke the eternal silence that was about to be formed, "I think we should have another sleepover." Myungsoo smiled between his breath. The two of you were still panting hard. Your lungs were still trying to get back to the normal state after being pushed to run, fleeing from Jiah's house where the nightmare turned even worse than ever.

"Good idea," you answered. You knew that you needed Myungsoo to be around at this kind of situation. You kind of missed this kind of thing, anyway.

 

 

You went inside your house. Myungsoo went inside his. You tried not to make any noise. Your parents could've killed you if they knew you went home this late. Safely, you entered your lovely room. You couldn't hide your excitement and threw yourself to your fluffy bed.

No one had any idea how much you missed this feeling, how much you missed your bed, your pillow, your room. You were beyond happy that tears started rolling down your cheeks.

 

Knock knock.

 

The sound came from your legendary sliding glass-door. A boy with a happy grin on his face, hugging a huge bundle of what seemed to be his oh-so-familiar, favorite white blanket, knocked on the door and pressed his forehead on it. You laughed because of his silliness.

I thought I won't be able to laugh anymore, your mind said so.

 

You jumped from your bed and happily slided the door open. Myungsoo went in with no hesitation. He took off his shoes and jacket, then wrapped himself with the blanket and sat comfortably on the floor. His back rested on the edge of your bed.

Your room felt warmer than ever, despite the cold weather outside, which was even colder with everything that had happened.

 

"Myungsoo-ya, you want something to drink?" You just noticed how thirsty you were. You knew that Myungsoo must've felt as thirsty as you were, considering how long you two had run. "That would be nice."

You sneaked out to the kitchen. About five minutes later, you came back to the room with two cups of hot chocolate on your hands. Myungsoo was lying on the floor, literally like a cocoon, with blanket wrapped all around him.

 

"Myungsoo..." You called but he seemed to be asleep. You put those cups on your desk and sat beside him.

"Hey, I made some hot chocolate for you. Wake up."

But he didn't. You shook him several times but he refused to wake up.

Suddenly you felt an arm, a strong one, wrapped around your waist.

 

"____-ah, don't you feel tired?"

Myungsoo pulled you closer. You had no choice but to lie beside him. Myungsoo unwrapped himself from the blanket and covered the other half of it on you. Being under the same blanket with him was more than enough to make you blush.

"Myungsoo-ya..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry..."

"What for?"

"Earlier. You know... Jiah and... yeah. Well... for everything."

He didn't answer. Instead, you could feel that his grip on your waist was even harder than before.

"Let's just forget it, ____. Now, all I have to do is just to protect you."

 

Myungsoo.

He was the only reason that you could be in peace, though the world was more than just a threat for you.

And the two of you stayed on that position for a while, enjoying the peace that had long gone.

 

"Eh, Myungsoo?"

"Hmm?"

"The hot chocolate?"

"Oh yes..."

He released the hug and told you to stay. He stood up and picked the cups from your desk.

 

Later, Myungsoo and you had your backs resting on the bed's edge, blanket covering both feets. The hot chocolate wasn't that hot anymore, but it still tasted good. Perhaps it's because you were so exhausted but you assumed that it was probably the most delicious hot chocolate you'd ever drunk.

 

 

"____-ah," Myungsoo sipped his drink before continuing his sentence, "you saw those eyes, didn't you?"

 

 


 

Double update to make up my lack of updates, hehe :D

Anyway... Enjoy this fluffy part before we go to the next level of the mystery LOL