Chapter 39 - Confession

I Saw That

 

 

 

To your surprise, he was aiming at himself, placing the tip of it to the side of his head, smiling gently while looking right into your eyes.

 

“Myungsoo! What the hell!” You stood up following Myungsoo who took some steps back away from you.

“This is going to end everything, ____. Don't stop me.”

“No, you don’t have to do that!” You tried to grab the gun from his hand, but your small figure compared to Myungsoo gave no advantage. He lifted his hand and held the gun out of your reach.

"____-ah, don't make this hard for me." Myungsoo bitted his lower lip.

 

“Myungsoo, please! Don't!” You screamed your lungs out; throwing out all the pain you felt, the horrible pang you got in your heart. The fact that Myungsoo was going to kill himself was killing you.

 “____-ah, this is the only way–”

“No! No! No, Myungsoo! No! We can do something else!” You kneeled down on your knees, not knowing what else to do to stop Myungsoo from his stupid heroic act. Myungsoo immediately lifted you up, pulling you into his warm embrace. Feeling your tears running on his shoulder, Myungsoo softened.

 

“____-ah, listen to me.” His deep and soothing voice slowly calmed you down. Myungsoo ran his hand on your head, slightly ruffled your hair, while the other one with the gun on was hanging around your waist.

“What?” You muttered between your sobs, barely audible enough for yourself.

“I love you.” Myungsoo threw the gun to God knew where and cupped your cheeks with his hands. He was staring right at your eyes. It was crystal clear that he wasn’t joking.

“B-but I thought you–”

 

 

 

Myungsoo cut your words as he planted a passionate kiss on your lips. He didn’t want to hear the rest of your words –not that you wanted to continue anyway. The confession wasn't as beautiful as he expected it to be. But all he wanted right now was you and nothing else. His hand trailed down your body, from your head to your neck to your back and went back up once it reached your waist. It gave him butterflies on his stomach, just like how you're feeling at the moment.

You barely could stand on your own two feet now as Myungsoo’s soft lips were on yours. If feels could kill, you would’ve been dead, poisoned with an overflowing happiness mixed with pain and sorrow. Your hands clung around his neck as you wanted him to be closer than you already were. You wanted Myungsoo, just as much as he wanted you.

 

Neither you nor Myungsoo could explain the longing feeling on the kiss. As it went deepened and deepened, while those lips locking each other and those tongue battling inside them, you cried even harder. Myungsoo could even taste your salty tears. The pain on his heart was throbbing, even more painful than his injured back.

 

You were afraid that this would be the last time. You wished you could stay being like this for the rest of your life.

 

You didn’t want it to be the last. Neither did Myungsoo.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I should've told you earlier..." he smiled gently. You had to admit that it was the most charming smile of his that you'd ever seen. It was so warm, yet so heartbreaking at the same time.

"Idiot. Why are you smiling like that?" Tears kept rolling down your face no matter how hard you tried to hold them. You bit your lips hard, so hard that it started bleeding, just to stop yourself from crying an ocean. But that was no use. There's no way you didn't cry at this kind of moment. Everybody would cry at this kind of moment.

 

"Yeah, you're right. I'm an idiot."

And finally, Myungsoo burst into tears, leaving all his pride as a man behind and buried his face on your neck. He thought that he could do that. He thought that pulling a trigger of a gun directly to his own head would be as simple as ABC or 123. He thought that putting an end to all this merciless nightmare would be as easy as blinking his eyes. In fact, Myungsoo himself wasn’t ready.

 

He wasn't ready to die.

 

 

 

"____-ah," Myungsoo said between his sobs and chuckled bitterly. "Remind me to buy you tiramisu."

 

 

 


 

a/n:

the long awaited scene is finally here!

/throws confetti/

it might not be as beautiful as you expected thou... i've tried my best ;A;

anyway, please leave your comment since i really need your opinion on the latest two chapters

lastly...

i love you guys!

 

lol i'm on crack right now so pardon me