Chapter 19 - Escape

I Saw That

"Myungsoo... Let's just get outta here," you begged as the two of you were walking down the stairs. Myungsoo said nothing and just tightened his grip on your hand, leading your every steps carefully, protecting you from any chance of someone giving a sudden attack toward you.

Finally after what felt like forever, Myungsoo and you safely made it to the first floor. Feeling haunted and terrorized, you insisted to get out of that cursed place as soon as possible.

But then, Myungsoo stopped just like one step away from the front door. You were just about to open the door when he did so. "Myungsoo, seriously. I'm sick of this place and I don't want you to be hurt. Come on." You pulled his arm but he didn't budge. "But ____, we'll need Mr. Jungyeop. We have to find him."

 

 

"I'm here."

 

 

The voice was loud enough to be considered as a shout in this dead-silent condition. "What... Oh God, where have you been, sir?" Myungsoo just walked toward Mr. Jungyeop who suddenly emerged from nowhere.

Meanwhile, you were just standing there in your current position, frowning your eyebrows, as you were scanning the elder man from head to toe. At a glance, there was nothing wrong with Mr. Jungyeop; he looked just fine, but somehow you knew that something just felt off.

 

 

Until then, it finally hit you.

 

 

"Myungsoo-ya!" you shouted and he stopped.

He turned his back on you. "What?"

You grabbed Myungsoo's arm and dragged him outside as fast as you could.

 

I have to run. Now.

 

"____-ah, what the..." Myungsoo was surprised by your sudden action. He ran along with you and didn't protest, though. The only thing on your mind now was to get away from that place as far as you could. It's midnight and the only safe place you could think of was your home.

 

Myungsoo looked back as he was running.

Mr. Jungyeop was just standing there near the gate of Jiah's house. He didn't seem to be going to make any movement though. That's weird since att this rate, he should've been chasing the two of you, or at least yelling and asking you to come back there. He should've let out some protests or such. But he didn't.

 

Now, Myungsoo understood why you escaped from that place and left Mr. Jungyeop, out of the blue.

 

 

 

He saw those eyes you saw, too.