Chapter 5 - Hongdae

I Saw That

That night, you were forced to stay up late because of all the homeworks. You had a cup of hot cappucino to keep you awake, but unfortunately, it didn't work that well. You tried your best to deal with the sleepiness, but your eyes felt so heavy that you couldn't even read the questions properly. To make things worse, you didn't even know what you were writing anymore.

At this rate, you knew that you needed a break. Finally, you got up from your desk and went out to the balcony. Perhaps, some fresh air would be able to recharge your energy.

The night sky was beautiful. It wasn't so starry but the sky was unusually clear. The wind brought cool breeze all over your body as it blew slowly. It was so peaceful. The view was perfect. But honestly, the most beautiful scene you could see from your balcony was Myungsoo's room.

Indeed, you could barely see anything since the lights were off. However, Myungsoo's innocent sleeping face, that looked just as peaceful as the night itself, could still be seen; thanks to his habit to let the window widely opened at night.

You smiled, feeling happy just to see him sleeping like that. Then, you turned your sight at the empty street. There was really nothing, probably except all those parked cars and the street lights. It was a total silence; everything was like dead.

But something caught your attention.

You saw a young lady with curly red hair and her heels on walking down the street by herself, passing your apartment building.

"Where is she going?" you murmured to yourself.

Just as if she could read your mind, the lady stopped and turned her head at you. You pretended not to see her. She then continued walking. Feeling curious, you decided to go outside and followed that lady. You felt bored anyway.

As you walked down the empty street, you remembered the nightmare you had before and shivered a bit. But since it's your own neighborhood, you were sure that it was safe.

"That was just a dream, anyway" you thought.

At last, your feet brought you to this place. The vendors, the clubs, the murals, even the street signs were familiar; you knew them all. It's no other than Hongdae. Even at night, Hongdae was still lively. You noticed the lady you were following and walked to the same direction as her.

She walked pass NB, the largest club in Hongdae, and suddenly turned to a small path behind that club.

You never expected to view the same scene, twice.

The red haired lady took out a long, sharp knife from her purse. That man tried to fight back, but the death god apparently had come to pick him up. Again, you saw blood everywhere. Then, the lady turned her sight to you. You were scared to death when you saw her eyes.

Those eyes were the same...

The gaze was exactly the same...

You froze for some seconds, still shocked with what you just saw. You were about to scream when suddenly that lady threw the bloody knife right to your face...