Chapter 25 - Surprise

I Saw That

Myungsoo greeted you with furrowed eyebrows plus a slight pout. He was sitting on his bike, hugging his helmet. He looked... panicked. You sped up your steps and stood in front of him.

"____-ah, you won't believe this..."

 

He didn't usually act like this. He wasn't the type who got easily scared or panicked.

Something big must've happened.

Did he figure out something?

Did he find any clue?

 

"What is it, Myungsoo? You took one step closer to him as you lowered the volume of your voice.

"Just now, I... I..." He stared at you. There was something he really wanted to tell you, but he just didn't know how to. You could tell it in his eyes. His stare contained a mixture of fear, panic, shock, and other feels you couldn't even explain what.

"Just make it short." You stared back. "I'll hear the details later."

"Fine..." He gulped before he took your hands and held it tightly. They were cold. He surely was nervous.

"So..." You impatiently begged for the sentences clogged in his throat to be spilled.

 

 

 

"I saw Jiah. She's alive."

 

 

 

What did he just say?

 

For a whole minute long, you let your brain proceeded his words. After all what happened, your brain seemed to work slower than usual. It was tired; your brain. You, as a whole, were tired. But your body apparently reacted faster than your mind. You started panting hard. Your body was trembling. It's kinda funny how your body even refused to accept what Myungsoo just said.

 

"What? But..." You couldn't even think of the right word to say. "You're joking, aren't you?"

"Do I look like I am?" He looked straight into your eyes. And yeah, he didn't look like he was joking. Well, Myungsoo loved to joke around, but this was different. He was serious. That was serious.

 

This was just... ridiculous. Just what on earth was going on?

 

Before you realized it, Myungsoo had jumped down from his bike and pulled you into his protective arms. He knew that this might even give you a heart attack. That's why he hesitated. He, himself, was beyond shocked when he saw Jiah, standing outside her class, smiling, laughing, looking all fine when she's supposed to be dead, head splitted from her body.

 

What kind of sorcery was that?

 

 

 

 

"Honestly, I skipped the last class." Myungsoo sipped his espresso. "I went to the rooftop for some fresh air, you know. I slept there until the class was over. And when I went downstairs, I... I saw her."

Jiah's classroom was on the third floor, one level away from the place you loved the most from all the entire school building. Technically, there's no way you could get to the rooftop without passing her classroom. And that's how Myungsoo saw Jiah. Well, if it was really her, though.

Now, both of you were in a small yet cozy coffee shop in Myeongdong. You needed to calm down, and so did Myungsoo. Coffee might help, you thought. And that's how you ended up sitting in the corner with him, having a cup of caffe latte.

 

"Myungsoo-ya..." You put your cup down on the table. Honestly you didn't like drinking it. You'd lost your appetite already, ever since he told you about Jiah earlier.

"What is it, _____-ah?"

"Is this kind of inception or something?" You let out some bitter laughter. "I can't seem to set aside my dream from reality. Not anymore."

Myungsoo stared blankly at his espresso. He then looked up at you. "Unfortunately, ____-ah, you're awake, and so am I."

 

Silence filled in the air for the next minutes to come. Aside from the sound of Myungsoo sipping his drink and the barista working behind the counter, you couldn't really hear anything else. It was dead-quiet.

"____-ah." Myungsoo put the empty cup down. Seeing you didn't even touch your remaining latte, he pointed at your cup. "Are you going to finish that?" You shook your head and he took it.

"I have an idea," he said.

"And I have a bad feeling about it." You joked. He just giggled before he sipped up the whole cup of latte in no time. It was amazing that he didn't seem to be full even after having two cups of coffee and a huge slice of cheesecake.

"So what's your idea?" you asked him.

 

"Let's have another visit to Jiah's house."

 

 

 


 

Surprise! Hahaha...

It seems that everybody hates cliffhanger, so,,, I apologize but I love trolling and I can't help but troll.

Anyway, I'm running out of ideas for names LOL

What should we call the red hair lady? Leave your comment please :D