Chapter 35 - Tiramisu

I Saw That

a/n:

it's a bit late, sorry. i promised to post this on sunday but i just got to do it today.

anyway thanks for your support guys. i love you

things are getting complicated but soon, the truth will be revealed~

fyi, this chapter is a flashback.

enjoy ^^

 


 

 

 

“Hmm, two cup of tiramisu, please.”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes were still glued to those cups of tiramisu displayed inside the glass case for some reasons. One, he was hungry. Two, he couldn’t wait to jump to your balcony, knock on your door, and eat your favorite dessert together inside your room. It wasn’t your birthday –you had it two months ago; it wasn’t his birthday either. But for Myungsoo, it’s a special day today. He was ready, no matter what would happen after this.

 

Today, he’s going to confess to you.

 

Myungsoo had thought about it for a long time. Apparently his plan to hit on Jiah so you would get jealous was a failure. He got to admit that Jiah was so fine and he liked her, but his feelings toward you was stronger than anything in this world and he couldn’t deny it. He did have a crush on Jiah –who wouldn’t adore a beautiful y girl like her anyway– but you were the love of his life.

Myungsoo decided to confess today. He wasn’t sure whether you felt the same as he did. Honestly, he was sad when you acted all fine and indifferent when he told you about Jiah. He was hoping that you would show some jealousy or such. Perhaps you only saw him as your best friend, as your brother. But Myungsoo had collected all the pieces of courage he needed and decided to find out about your feeling today.

 

Little known to him you were a great actress. You backed off so he could be happy with another girl. You hid your feeling so Myungsoo could be with Jiah, so your friendship wouldn’t be ruined.

 

 

 

 

The bakery was only three blocks away from your apartment building. As he walked down the street, he heard a faint scream from one of the alley. He glanced at his watch. It’s 6 PM. He still had an hour before you came home from your cram school. Myungsoo could just ignore it actually, but being a curious kid as he always was, he decided to find out the cause of that sound.

He heard another scream. He carefully followed the sound that led him walk deeper down the alley. In no time, he reached the dead-end of the alley. A young man -probably only one or two years older than him at a glance– was standing facing the wall. Myungsoo carefully walked closer and hid behind a big trash bin.

 

Was it him?

 

In no time, Myungsoo noticed the knife the man was holding on his right hand. Fresh blood dropped from its sharp edge. Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he saw his other hand. It was full of cut. Fresh blood, coming from the same source as those that dropped from the edge of the knife, streamed down his arm.

To Myungsoo’s surprise, the man suddenly made another cut on his already-covered-with-blood hand with that knife. He winced a bit and let out a faint scream. But then, the man giggled as if the cut was tickling him.

 

Self harm, it was.

 

Right when the man was about to make another cut, Myungsoo jumped out from his hiding and held the man’s wrist.

“Stop it!” Myungsoo tried to grab the knife away from that man. Unfortunately he failed. The man managed to free himself from Myungsoo’s grip.

“Who the hell are you? It’s none of your ing business!” That man surely cursed a lot, the opposite to his calm and angelic appearance. His fair complexion was stained by his own blood. He was wearing a familiar uniform; black polo shirt, jeans, green apron. Apparently, this man worked at one of Myungsoo’s favorite coffee shop in Hongdae.

Myungsoo was surprised as the man pointed his knife toward him.

“Easy… I just want to help.” Myungsoo’s voice trembled a bit.

“I don’t need your ing help.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pain.

 

That was what Myungsoo felt on his abdomen. He fell down on his knees before finally being completely knocked out to the ground. Blood started to flow as the knife was planted deeply into his body. In no time, blood came out from his mouth as well. His vision turned blurry. He was barely able to breathe.

 

What about the tiramisu?

What about the confession?

What about you?

 

Myungsoo could only stare at his attacker who stood next to his dying body. Funny thing was he could see guilt and fear on that man’s eyes.

 

“I-I… I’m…”

The man stuttered his words and threw his knife before he ran away from the crime scene. And the last thing Myungsoo saw before he finally closed his eyes was the name tag attached on that man’s shirt.

 

 

 

 

 

Suho.