Chapter 34 - Who

I Saw That

a/n:

you may ignore this note and just get into the story, my beloved readers.

 

omg writing this fic is getting harder by the day, i swear ;A;

i mess up my own storyline and now i keep doubting myself everytime i'm about to post a new chapter.

and i end up taking a long time to update.

and it always ends up with cliffhangers. i know you guys hate it.

i'm trying my best not to disappoint you guys.

sorry for the sudden rant but i just need to say this cuz i don't know whom i should share this to :(

 


 

 

 

“Not so fast, young lad.”

 

 

 

You wished you could just teleport somewhere, anywhere but this place, when you heard that voice. So did Myungsoo.

 

 

 

Those footsteps indeed belonged to someone –someone that Myungsoo and you had been looking for, to be exact. It was Jungyeop, standing on the edge of the last staircase with a 44 Magnum revolver. Ironically, he looked as warm and friendly as you met him for the first time at the sushi bar. However this time, you knew everything was just fake.

You realized that this moment would come, but you never expected that it would be this soon. You knew you wanted to put an end to everything. But you never knew that it would be this terrifying to face Jungyeop now that you found him. Your legs were shaking from fear and you knew that Myungsoo wasn’t any better since his hand felt so cold on yours.

 

What should I do?

 

“Who are you actually?” Myungsoo braced himself to make the first movement. Jungyeop smirked. It was an amusing situation for him.

“That should be me who asks, young lad. Who are you?” Jungyeop calmly replied while Myungsoo and you could only exchange stare in confusion. What the hell did he mean?

“What are you talking about?” Anger slowly started to boil in Myungsoo’s head. But suddenly, Jungyeop pulled out the gun which had been showing up from his pocket and caressed it with lots of affection like it was his child or pet or something. Whatever; that was totally creepy.

Myungsoo hid you behind his back. He wouldn’t let Jungyeop hurt you, of course. His body would be your shield and his arms would be your armor. On the other hand, you didn’t want Myungsoo to be hurt either. You whispered to his ear several times earlier, telling Myungsoo that you would be fine. But you knew that you were the weak side here. Your logic said that you should let him protect you.

 

 “Haven’t you figured it out?” Jungyeop walked closer toward your direction. “The reason behind everything; do you know that?”

 “Why don’t you tell us what the freaking is going on?” You started to lose your temper as well. Jungyeop’s calm expression annoyed you to the maximum level. That man was silently but sure making fun of you and Myungsoo.

“Our mother earth surely is a crowded place, kids. Things that live and things that do the opposite exist. Humans, animals, plants; apparently one kind is way too invisible to be put on the list.” Jungyeop smirked. “I believe that your generation still recognizes what demons are.”

 

And by the word demons, you felt another shiver running down your spine. It was way too windy or chill or whatever the word used to express the stabbing freezing breeze you felt for a place like this. Or was it not the place? Perhaps, it’s the person, or whatever he was, who brought this kind of atmosphere.

“Are you telling me that you’re a demon then? What about the others?” Myungsoo replied with no patience left on him.

 

Silence filled in the room. Jungyeop fixed his gaze at you but quickly averted his eyes to Myungsoo. They furrowed their eyebrows at each other, like it was a ridiculous staring contest or something. He let out some chuckles before continuing his speech.

“I guess we need to stop this.”

“We what?”

 

 

 

“Wake up, Kim Myungsoo.”

 

***

 

"You know what, you're sometimes scary."

The laughter had finally stopped. His mind had settled down and he started to gain back his sanity. He turned his head to Minseok and dropped what seemed to be a genuine smile. "Was that a compliment?"

"Yeah... Whatever, Suho. Whatever..."

 

“Minseok-ah, who am I?”

“What the , dude, when did you get so high?”

“I’m not high, Minseok-ah, and watch your language.”

“Fine. You’re my friend, your name is Suho and you are the most hopeless romantic guy I’ve ever known in my life.”

“That suits you more.”

 

Silence filled in before the weird conversation once again started.

 

“I’m serious, Minseok. Who am I?”

“I’m ing serious, Suho. You are you. Stop asking that stupid question!”

“But what if the ‘me’ you know is not the real ‘me’ who I really am?”

“Say what? Whoa, dude. How many shots did you have, seriously?”

“I’m not ing high, Minseok.”

“Ah, here we go again, you and your mid-life crisis. Geez, you really are like a grandpa sometimes.”

“Minseok, I…” Suho stared right at Minseok’s eyes. “This is serious. I’m losing myself.”

“You what?” Minseok eyed him lazily.

 

 

 

“I k-killed… I killed s-some… s-someone last night.”