Chapter 27 - Bizarre

I Saw That

a/n:

Sorry if this is kinda... messy.

I had posted this chapter last week... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

I posted this again earlier... aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

I'm so frustated right now lol

 

I made some changes, so I'd put that scene on the preview later.

 

Soon.

 


 

Heart shattered, mind blown, breath taken. There was no proper phrase available on your vocabularies to describe how it felt. As if there wasn’t enough surprise for you today, the existence of the newly added picture struck you.

It was pasted next to Jiah’s picture, connected with a red arrow just like the others. You carefully placed the tip of your finger on the picture. Your finger slowly traced the face printed on its surface, as you could it for real.

And for the gazillion times, you couldn’t believe your eyes and argued with your mind.

On the other hand, things were different with Myungsoo. He knew what he saw right away and he had no doubt about it. It wasn’t that difficult for him, unlike you who needed a double check, even more, to make sure of your sight. He didn’t even need a second glance to recognize who the person on that picture was…

 

 

…because he saw himself.

 

 

You shifted your attention from the picture to the person inside the picture, who was standing still right next to you. At this state, you were tired of the never ending ‘why’ or ‘how’ questions. But you just couldn’t avoid them from popping out in your mind.

Why Myungsoo?

How come?

No one could answer.

 

“At least I look good, don’t I?” He pointed at the picture; his picture. Myungsoo, the object framed on the picture, stared at his own printed reflection. He was taken aback by the fact that he was a part of them. Reality slapped him too hard this time.

Indeed, he looked good, really good. He always did. He looked perfect even in that cursed picture. Ironic, isn’t it?

“Myungsoo…” Some words were supposed to follow after, but you only managed to pronounce his name after you saw his face. Disbelief was stated clearly on his eyes, though he tried his best to plaster a smile on that pale face, a bitter one.

“I’m okay,” Myungsoo said, as if he could see the worry in your eyes, also the chaos in your mind.

“I’m okay.” The second time he said it, it was more like he was muttering to himself, reassuring his own mind and body that he was okay, while he actually wasn’t.

“I’m ok-.” The third time he said it, almost said it, you pulled him into your arms without thinking twice. He was usually the one who did so, but this time, Myungsoo was the fragile little boy that needed some warmth. That was the only thing you could do; to show him that you were there for him, by his side. Words were useless in this kind of situation anyway; they would change nothing.

He didn’t object, of course. Why would he? He found comfort in your hug. He found comfort in your every thing, to be honest. It’s a pity that you didn’t know that.

 

“____-ah,” Myungsoo called your name in a whisper, merely heard if he wasn’t in this position, “what does it mean?”

You wished you could say that it’s his birthday so everything was just a stupid prank. But it wasn’t. You, with your remaining sanity and worn-out logic, were wondering exactly the same thing.

Only those who killed and who were killed belonged to the list. Myungsoo was neither killed nor being killed. Why was he part of it? Shouldn’t it be Jungyeop? He was the last killer, wasn’t he?

Wasn’t he?

 

 

Myungsoo suddenly pushed you away.

 

 

But wait.

You didn’t even think you knew who this super tall, built man in black wife beater, blonde haired was. How did you even end up being on this stranger’s arm? He just turned his back and left you there after pushing you like a meter away from his body, confused. You didn’t even have the chance to see his face.

One thing for sure: it was not Myungsoo.

 

 

Where on earth, or wherever the hell it was, was Myungsoo?

 

 

You heard the music, clearly, as the speakers were just inches away from your ears. It hurt, so you tried to move away from the loud sounds. But it was hard to do. People were all around you, moving their bodies as the music was being more and more intense, bottles on their hands. The smell of alcohol was so strong that it slowly made you drunk, too. Flashing, shining, blinding lights were slowly killing you.

Am I hallucinating or what?

 

 “Why am I here?” you muttered as your body was shoved left and right by the ocean of humans. As irrational as your life was, this was beyond anyone’s logic. Just now, Myungsoo was still wrapped on your arms and now he’s gone, replaced by a man you didn’t even notice who… Well, he’s kind of familiar but he could be anyone from the planet earth.

 

It’s a dream anyway. You’re dreaming now, aren’t you?

It's a dream, isn't it?

 

"Whatever..." You just left all those thoughts and tried to find a way out.

 

Everything was already bizarre at the first place...