Chapter 44 - Finally

I Saw That

Author's note:

 

I will leave this note in a normal font size (unlike usual) since I really hope you, my reader, would read it.

First of all, let me apologize for being such a heartless mindless author who practically abandoned her loyal readers. For months. Even the year has changed now. You see, I wanna be honest here. I had to admit that I kinda lost my motivation to write in general back then (which took a great toll on this story and I ended up leave you guys hanging) because of some reasons, mostly personal.

I enjoyed my time and grew a lot as a writer while working on this fic and I just feel so thankful.

It's surprising to see that most of you stay with this story, even though I was being such a troll the whole time. Moreover, it's not the first time I went missing. Thank you for actually reading this. Thank you for your willingness to bear with my confusing storyline. Thank you for subscribing. Thank you for not unsubscribing. Thank you for giving me a very positive feedback. Thank you for staying. Thank you for waiting. It's even more surprising to see some of you guys upvoted this junk fic. So, thank you for upvoting.

I couldn't thank you guys more. All of you. Here, have my heart <3

But now, I've come to do what I should've done long ago: bring an end to this fic. Like I said at the previous chapter, this story would end real soon. I just want you guys to know that it's not a rushed nor an abrupt decision. The story was originally planned to end here, like this. I've been working on this chapter like forever (I'm a freaking slow writer) and now it's coming.

Anyway, skip this bull and read the damn fic already enjoy the last chapter.

Oh, and if you have anything you don't understand from the whole story, you could leave your question in the comment below and I would probably make an additional chapter solely for Q&A.

Goodbye :(

 


 

 

"I saw that," and you giggled.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to cheat on you." You smirked mischievously to the person who 'ruined' your kiss earlier.

"Yeah, you cheated. With me. In front of me. That's ridiculous." Myungsoo made his way to your direction, smiling (which quickly turned into an equal mischievous smirk) while having his gaze fixated on you. With every step he took, your heart started to beat faster. Your cheeks started to burn and soon, the heat spread all over your face and even your body. Little you knew that Myungsoo was trying his best not to show his own nervousness as well.

"Kwon ____, stealing is a bad thing to do," Myungsoo crouched and sat beside you.

"I didn't steal anything," you acted all innocent, which Myungsoo found really amusing.

"You just stole a kiss from my lips." Myungsoo said, chuckling.

"But you weren't there, so it didn't really count."

Indeed, Myungsoo was once again out of his body, just like at that time he met Jungyeop –which he regretted the most. He remembered falling 'asleep' on your embrace, the moment after you shot Jungyeop. It was a nice way to die, he thought. He still remembered how your lips lingered on his. He thought it would be the last thing he'd ever taste. It was sweet.

But then, Myungsoo didn't expect to be on a similar situation twice. He thought he'd die for real that time. Instead, he woke up several meters away from his body and as he walked back to where his body lied, he saw you. He saw you kissing his lips and everything felt so wrong. You were kissing Myungsoo but you weren't kissing Myungsoo.

He didn't expect you to actually hear and giggle in response when he unconsciously said, "I saw that," either.

 

"____-ah," You turned your head facing Myungsoo who had a slight confusion written on both his sharp and beautiful eyes.

"Why are we here? I mean, why are you here?"

"I guess you know why you're here," you smiled to him while unconsciously Myungsoo's hair –the Myungsoo who was technically dead, the body– which gained some sort of jealousy from the 'real' Myungsoo –the spirit.

"Well yeah, but, ah Kwon ____! Stop his hair!"

"What? Are you saying that you're jealous of your own self?"

"No, but, yes! Yes! You should've done that to this Myungsoo." He childishly grabbed your hand which were 'the other Myungsoo's head' earlier and placed it on top of his own head. You laughed at his amusing, desperate action.

"Arasseo, you kitty." You smiled and bit your lips, trying to suppress your laughter while gently his hair.

"But seriously ____-ah, why are you here?" Myungsoo headed back to the real question he was meant to ask earlier.

To think about it, at that time when Myungsoo almost died after that guy called Suho stabbed him, he met and was 'saved' by Jungyeop, the root of all evil. There were only the two of them there, in the exact same place where he supposed to die –three, plus his lifeless body. And now, Myungsoo felt like he was reenacting a very familiar scene. The difference was, it's you whom he met, not Jungyeop.

Does that mean that she is actually a de

 

"Kim Myungsoo!" Myungsoo snapped his head to your direction when he heard you shouted his name with all your might. At the moment, the two of you –three, plus his lifeless body, were sitting somehow comfortably at Jungyeop's office.

"Yah! You don't have to shout!" He put his hands on both his ears and shouted back to you.

"But you're spacing out for like five minutes already! I was talking to you, I called your name and even waved at you and you didn't respond me at all and I was worried and now you shout back at me?"

"Well, uh... Sorry?" Myungsoo's face seeing you angry was priceless and that's what finally made you crack up. Meanwhile, Myungsoo having no idea what's so funny to you just laughed along, once again amused by how cheerful you were at the moment.

"Anyway, Myungsoo. You do realize that we're somewhere between life and death, don't you?"

"Of course. But how is that possible? How is it possible for you to be here? Oh my God. you're not dead, aren't you?"

"That's why you should've listened to me, idiot," you hit his head playfully.

In a short amount of time, you retold Myungsoo (the boy seriously wasn't listening) how your mind was travelling back and forth, to the past at the moment when you tripped down and surprisingly recovered your own wound, to the unknown foggy place where you hear voices –your own voice, and to the flashing piece of memory which had been hiding all this time from you. It was actually the exact same thing happened to you, when you got to see the whole chain of murder in this miserable nightmare.

"Wait, I still don't get it. So, what are you doing here?"

You looked up to face Myungsoo. "You know, I'm here to make a deal."

 

***

 

"What was... that?"

"You saw that? Nice. You're going to remember yourself soon."

"But what is..."

The images flashed again. This time, they were crystal clear.

 

The scene flashing was indeed nothing more than a scattered piece of memory. However, it was the memory you locked, you buried deep inside your mind intentionally.

It was supposed to be a beautiful morning. Grandpa came to meet his three years old granddaughter after a long time, carrying a cardbox neatly decorated with huge pink ribbon. Every child loved present and so did you.

"____-ah, come here!" Grandpa motioned you to come closer to the front door, where he was taking off his old leather shoes, with the box put beside him.

"What is this, grandpa? Is this for me?" The three years old you asked cheerfully.

"Of course, sweetie. It's for my one and only, my lovely granddaughter." Grandpa handed you the box when suddenly you felt whatever it was inside the box started moving... or maybe walking.

"Oh my God, grandpa, it's moving!"

"It is? Let's see what's inside then."

As you open the box, a small kitten with lovely creamy fur was looking up at you, with its adorable big big eyes.

"Awww, you're so cute." You its tiny head and body and paws before the kitten rubbed his head to year tiny hand.

"Thank you, grandpa!"

 

The next thing you saw was the three years old you, bundled in a warm handmade blue sweater from your mom, a matching pair of gloves, and a cute white shawl. Yukwonnie, your kitty, was enjoying the warmth of your body and your sweater on your arms.

You were so immersed by the view of open land and beautiful flowers which you hardly saw back in the city, as you carried Yukwonnie who kept meow-ing on your embrace to play at the field behind your grandparents' house.

You were too immersed by the view to see a big truck carrying milk from the neighboring farm coming at your direction, toward you and Yukwonnie.

Boom.

Everything happened in a split second, so fast that when you opened your eyes, a horrible view of a completely destroyed truck and a dead old man the driver, greeted you. But the worst of all was the view of Yukwonnie lying down lifeless beside you, blood flowing from all over its tiny body.

"Yukwonnie..." You started whining and sobbing and crying all your heart out. At the time, you thought that mom must be so angry to see your lovely sweater was covered in thick, red liquid coming from Yukwonnie's body. But you didn't care and hugged Yukwonnie tightly.

 

Meanwhile, far in the distance, a man in a brown coat was eyeing you. He saw everything and he found everything interesting. He found you interesting. In an instance, he came toward you.

You looked up as you saw a pair of shoes which looked similar to your grandpa's shoes, standing beside you.

"Are you okay, little girl?"

"I'm f-fine, b-but, b-but Yukwonnie..."

"It's okay." The man embraced you and Yukwonnie.

"Indeed, you're one of my kind," he muttered. The smell couldn't lie, and the fact that you looked just fine when any normal person would be dead right away, added more proof to his theory.

"What did you s-say?" You asked, not understanding the meaning of his words.

"It's nothing, kid."

 

The next thing you knew was people running toward you including your parents and your grandpa, screaming in horror and quickly saved you, checking for any wound or damage in your body. But the man in brown coat was gone.

People said that you were one lucky child. But no, you weren't.

You digged back the buried memory you wanted to forget. The pain of losing something you treasured. Now, with all the things that had happenedthe nightmare, the chain murder, everything –you realized that you were born like that.

Later you recognized, that the man in the brown coat was no other than the one who started all the insanity, Jungyeop.

And you're on of his kind, a demon.

 

"Oh yes, I remember now."

 

***

 

"So, you're a..." Myungsoo widened his eyes in surprise.

The whole story –especially the fact that you were somehow a demon –was too hard to understand. But one thing for sure, he trusted you and everything you said and he always would.

"Yes, Myungsoo. I'm a demon as well." You smiled bitterly.

Indeed, you're a demon. Even though your parents weren't. You still didn't know where exactly you came from and why you were a demon, but you didn't want to know either. Unlike the other demon though, you seemed to have successfully killed your demonic instinct. Probably it was due to the trauma you had back then. You even completely forgot the whole incident, which buried deep along with the clue to your true identity.

"And you're offering me a deal?"

"Exactly," you smiled at him and his cheek gently. "I'd take you back to life."

"You... wait. Wow, this is just..." He put his palm above yours which was still on his cheek.

"It's unbelievable, I know. I was shocked myself." You turned your head to stare at nothing, drowning in your own thought before Myungsoo spoke again.

 

"So, how exactly does it work?" You turned your attention back to Myungsoo.

"Trurthfully, I didn't know much about it. But from what I've learnt, from everything we've passed through, demons could split their souls."

"Like what Jungyeop did to me?"

"Yeah, and when one soul dies, the other souls will follow. Even if it sounds risky for the demon itself, there must be an advantage of it, I guess."

"So why do you think Jungyeop splitted his soul with me?"

"I'm not sure but I think he used you as some kind of bait to get more and more preys."

"Wait... Is the whole thing going to repeat again?"

"I don't know... but I don't think so. Remember, at first you died because another human killed you."

"Yeah, that guy named Suho or something."

"Right. But this time, you're dead because Jungyeop's dead, because I shot him, which instantly killed you. I'm a demon as well, so I don't think it would start another bloody chain."

"That's pretty reasonable, actually. So... you wanna split your soul with me?"

"Bingo. What do you think?" Myungsoo kept silent for a while. He seemed to be very deep in thought.

And there you were, anxiously waiting for his answer.

Suddenly, he cupped your face on his palms, smiling. "Actually, I wouldn't mind to die with you."

"Me neither." You smiled back and closed your eyes as Myungsoo crushed his lips to yours.

 

***

 

A pencil was gripped tightly on your hand. You were scribbling nonsensical words on your book; an aftermath for working on those deadly equations for hours without getting any proper answer. Math was still and would always be your weakness, your enemy.

It was the same book where you drew all the details of your nightmare; the holy sketchbook containing the darkest episode of your life. Nonetheless, you didn't feel afraid anymore. Everytime you flipped those pages, you could only sigh and smile –sometimes you even laugh. It's good that everything's over.

You were so busy scribbling and doodling here and there that you didn't hear the knock at first. You only turned your attention after a while, away from all the meaningless scribbles and doodles and whatever you made on that book, to your very own sliding glass door covered by a nice milky white curtain. You walked away from your desk to the door, that connected you to your lovely balcony.

"____-ah, open it!" The voice was faint, but it was clear enough to hear even when the glass door and the wall of your bedroom technically blocked the noise from the outside.

 

Instead of opening the door –even though you were standing right in front of it at the moment, you just pulled the curtain for a little revealing your face and stuck your tongue out to the person standing on your balcony.

"For God's sake, ____-ah. It's cold out here!"

"But you bring that thick blanket. Just use it," you smirked.

"Are you really gonna let me sleep here in the balcony?"

"Well, you could get back to your room anytime you want."

"Yah, Kwon ____!"

"Alright, alright. You can come in." You finally opened the door, laughing at how stupid that boyfriend of yours looked earlier.

"Yah!" He was about to throw himself on your bed when you pushed him away. "You sleep on the floor."

"What? Oh, come on." You threw yourself to your fluffy mattress and pulled the white blanket away from his grip, covering it over your own body, ignoring the protest from the boy who could only stood there beside your bed.

"Okay, you started it." With one last smirk, he jumped to your bed and trapped your body which was totally covered in blanket with both his legs and arms.

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo!"

 

That night, you fell asleep on Myungsoo's arm, with the white blanket covering the both of you on your bed. Math homework was left abandoned, but who cared?

You were awakened in the middle of the night. This time, it wasn't because of a nightmare or such. You just had the sweetest dream ever and your mind seemed to not be able to handle all the rainbows and unicorns that it forced you to wake up. It was indeed ridiculous.

You unconsciously smiled and turned your head to see the sleeping face of Kim Myungsoo, your love, your other half.

"You're mine and mine only." You gave him a peck on the lips.

"Mmmmmffh." Myungsoo murmured on his sleep and you giggled quietly, not wanting to wake him up.

"Good night." You muttered to yourself before sleepiness taking over the control of your body once again.

 

- End -