Chapter 31 - Reenacting

I Saw That

a/n:

sorry for the late update my lovely readers ;A;

i am currently writing so much stories in one time so everything kinda lol

this one is kinda short but something big will happen after this *drums roll*

i'll try to update more tonight!

 

 

 


 

 

 

As always, you never paid attention to anything taught in the class. You heard Mr. Zitao telling a long history of baozi back on the Three Kingdoms period though, but that's all. When the long awaited bell finally rang, you dragged yourself out from the class as soon as possible, looking for Myungsoo. All these nonsense needed explanation, and you needed Myungsoo to figure them out.

You were practically reenacting the same scene from earlier. Jiae and Soojung asked you to walk home together and you declined the offer. You quickly grabbed your bag and ran down the stairs. You were quite sure that you’d meet Dongwoo soon. And voila, you’re right.

 

"_____-ah..."

You looked up and found Dongwoo coming from the opposite direction. He looked worried. "Hey, are you okay?"

You just smiled. You looked behind his back and just realized that he wasn't alone. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong; all the other friends of Myungsoo were also there, but they didn't even take a glance at you, like you didn't exist.

"Do you see Myungsoo?"

 

You hoped that this wasn’t a useless repetition of dream or reality or wherever the hell you were living on now. As you recalled, Dongwoo would answer that Myungsoo was waiting on the parking lot.

 

“Well, he’s absent, ____-ah. Don’t you know?”

 

And that’s when you dropped your jaw in disbelief. What the hell was going on?

He was absent.

He wasn't here at this school where he was supposed to be.

He wasn't with you.

He might be in danger.

 

“W-what? Why?”

“I’m not sure. He’s probably not feeling well or so. He seems pretty quiet and worn out lately anyway. Say, ____, you guys live in the same apartment, don’t you? Maybe you could check if–”

“Okay, sure! See you later, Dongwoo!”

 

You ran as fast as you could, left Dongwoo speechless as you just went away like that. You passed the parking lot and neither Myungsoo nor his bike was there. Storm came on your mind. You couldn’t think of what to do or where to go since everything felt so ridiculous. You ended up standing there in the middle of the lot like an idiot.

Should you go home? Was he even really home?

Where should you find him?

 

Fortunately, if you could say, something stupid snapped on your mind.

The house... you told yourself that you should check Jiah's house. According to your memory, that was the place where Myungsoo and you last saw each other; you were there with him and Jiah or whoever possessed her dead body, and suddenly you woke up in the middle of your Chinese lesson. Jiah’s house was the only reasonable place to head to right now.

 

 

To your surprise, you went all the way to Jiah’s house only to find it already sealed with the police line. According to the police, the neighbors found it suspicious that the house was left unlocked and the gate was also left opened. They went in and found Jiah’s corpse, head splitted from body right just like when you found her that night.

You sneakily peeked inside. The door was widely opened, revealing the horrible mess inside. That was indeed how Jiah’s house supposed to be; not a clean and neat house that greeted you and Myungsoo earlier in your… dream.

Was it even a dream? Dream and reality no longer had a distinct border in your life anyway. Whether it’s a dream or a real thing, you couldn’t recognize. The only thing you tried to keep in mind was that you were alive and you needed to stop this insanity, whichever the world you were in.

 

 

Suddenly your phone beeped.

One new message had come. Your eyes widened as the contact name appeared on your screen.

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo.