Chapter 12 - Falling

I Saw That

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

 

It's morning already and you both needed to get ready to school. You Myungsoo's forehead, shook his body, even hit him several times, but he didn't seem to wake up. It was a relief though since you thought Myungsoo would wake up after that kiss. In fact, he didn't even move an inch and kept sleeping.

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo!"

This time you yelled right on his ear, hoping that it would wake him up. Indeed, he opened his eyes for a while; but that was before he dozed off for another minute.

Right then your mom knocked on your door, "____-ah, aren't you gonna wake up? Don't you have school today?"

"Y-yes, mommy!" You started to get panicked.

Of course, mom would be angry if you're late. But that wasn't what you're worrying about. The problem was, what if mom found out that Myungsoo's sleeping here, in your bed? What would she say? What if she thought that you two made out or something? Whatever she thought, it's going to be a big trouble.

"For God's sake, wake up Kim Myungsoo!" Finally, he opened his eyes. You pulled his arms and made him sit.

"You gotta get back to your room." He just nodded but didn't get up from your bed. Instead, he stared at you and cupped your face.

"____-ah, you could get sick. You need to sleep."

"What are you talking about? Hurry up now and let's go to school."

"But..."

 

"____-ah! Come on, have your breakfast!" Your mom knocked for the second time.

You quickly pulled Myungsoo out to the balcony and sent him back to his own room. You honestly felt really tired yet relieved at the same time, since today you didn't wake up in sweat and tears haunted by the murder you saw on your nightmare. At least, you could have some peace for now. You went to school like usual and had your normal daily life back.

Surprisingly, you even managed to stay awake for three days.

But things didn't always go as you wanted. Your mind said that you'd still be able to hang on, but your body didn't. You felt incredibly fatigued today. Still, you forced yourself to go to school.

 

 

Until you reached your limit.

 

 

You wanted to go to the restroom. The class was totally boring anyway, so you just went out to wash your face. You looked at yourself in the mirror and noticed that your eye bags kept getting worse. You looked way more miserable now. You didn't mind it though, as long as you could stay away from sleeping.

After some minutes, you decided to go back to your class. But suddenly, the hallway you were passing started to twirl. You barely could see anything as every single thing around you turned blurry. Your head was spinning and you lost your balance. You could feel the coldness of the floor as you fell down and passed out in that quiet hallway.

 

 

In the end, you had to give up.