Chapter 16 - House

I Saw That

The first thing to do on the plan, nicely arranged by Mr. Jungyeop, was to find Jiah. She's a part of the chain, of this nightmare, as seen on your vision. According to Myungsoo, Jiah was absent. Her classmates didn't know why but she's not at school earlier. Now, whether she's dead or alive, killer or victim, she had to be found.

Myungsoo suggested the three of you to come to Jiah's house first. Myungsoo might not realize but he had been frowning all the time. You could sense that Myungsoo was worrying about Jiah, but it's not the right time to be jealous, you thought.

All you had to do was to put an end to this drama.

 

As soon as you arrived, Myungsoo pressed the bell. It was a neat two story house, nicely built with an artistic and modern taste as Jiah's mother was an architect. Myungsoo pressed the bell twice, but there's still no answer. He tried to open the door but it was locked. He then knocked on it but all attempts seemed to be useless. No one's home.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jungyeop calmly looked around the surrounding. "She's not here."

"Wait... But, how..." Myungsoo was about to protest but then he remembered, "Oh yes... You're a psychic."

"So what are we gonna do?" You asked Mr. Jungyeop who had been all calm and smiley ever since you met him at the sushi bar.

He took a deep breath and calmly answered, "Let's just go to my office."

 

You were just about to leave when you noticed something familiar on the door knob.

"Wait a second..."

You wiped it with the tip of your finger.

No doubt; it's fresh blood.

 

Your eyes went bigger in terror. What the heck? Where did the blood come from?

 

Your instinct told you to break through the door. Your mind kept telling that you had to go inside. Something's really wrong with this house. And you knew, everything must be connected with the nightmare.

Mr. Jungyeop tried to hit the door with his big-built body, but the door still didn't budge. Myungsoo then kicked the door with all his might, and it finally opened. The three of you directly went inside the house, hurriedly walking with no exact direction.

That's when you stopped at the kitchen.

 

Another scene of horror welcomed you.