Chapter 37 - Foods

I Saw That

 

 

 

"Let's make a deal," he smiled.

 

“W-what kind of deal?” Myungsoo was really troubled at the moment. He wasn’t over with the fact that his soul was now out of his body. He wasn’t even sure whether he’s dead or alive, and now this old stranger suddenly offered him a deal for something he didn’t even know. How could he not be confused?

“Trust me; it’s going to be a win-win situation for both parties, young lad.” The man smiled knowingly.

“But I don’t even know who you are.” As if he could read the confusion in Myungsoo’s eyes, he grabbed Myungsoo’s shoulders and shook them lightly, made Myungsoo look at him in the eyes.

“It’s not important.” He smirked before continuing his sentence. “Let me explain this. You’re in the middle of life and death, kid. You’re not alive, but you haven’t dead yet. That’s why your spirit is here now, out of your body. And here I came, just in time before your spirit leaves. I could help you get back to life. I could help you get back home. Don’t you want it?”

“But how is that possible?” Myungsoo didn’t really get what the man was saying, but this deal he was offering started to sound interesting on his ears. Indeed, he wanted to go home, to be alive, and to be with you one more time.

“You see, kid, some things work in a mysterious way. You won't remember anything though. You'll just live normally like this never happened, kid.” The man smirked again. “But of course, there’s no such thing as free lunch. You owe me something in return.”

“And what is it?”

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, I’m kind of hungry.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh man, I can’t eat these now.”

Somehow, Myungsoo ended up walking out from the alley, getting his way back to the apartment building he lived in. Myungsoo stared at the messed up tiramisu inside the plastic bag he’s holding.

“Why did I buy these anyway?” He then threw it to the nearest trash can and walked away. His abdomen was perfectly fine –not even a scratch was there, despite having his plaid shirt ripped and stained with blood. He didn't even realize it. He just felt okay.

He stood there in front of the building and looked up to the 8th floor, where his and your apartment were, as he finally reached his destination. He saw the light was still on in your room.

 

“I guess I’ll have a sleepover tomorrow,” Myungsoo smiled as he was finally home, having neither memory of what he was supposed to do and what just happened to him, nor clue of what was about to happen.

 

***

 

 

 

"Do you remember now?" Jungyeop smirked for the nth time.

At that moment, Myungsoo was shocked and angry –scared to be precise– with everything that his memory had kept away from him. Right when Jungyeop told him to wake up, all the scenes from that evening suddenly passed on his mind like a movie reel. Every moment was captured in detail, including that devilish deal he made with the man, the demon behind all the nightmares occurring, Jungyeop.

 

How could he not remember that? Oh well, it was part of the deal.

 

“God… Where have I been all this time?” Myungsoo muttered. He turned his gaze to you whose shoulders were shaking violently from sobbing. He pulled you into his arm and tried to calm you down. It hurt him to see you like this. He always hated your tears anyway.

“What’s this all about, Myungsoo? What are you hiding from me?” Somehow, you started crying from the mixed emotions you had. You felt betrayed. You felt left behind. You felt worried. You felt scared. It was just simply indescribable. Something was definitely going on between Myungsoo and Jungyeop, but you just had no single idea what’s that all about. And it annoyed you.

There’s a humongous hole in Myungsoo’s heart at the moment. Knowing that he was the reason why everything happened, he felt guilty to death. If only he knew things would end up like this, he wouldn’t have made that ing deal.

 

“Long story short, little girl, this young man over here was actually dead.” Jungyeop walked closer toward the two of you and pointed at Myungsoo. He was now standing face-to-face with Myungsoo. Myungsoo gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, trying to hold his boiling temper.

“Myungsoo was… what?” Your eyes widened in shock. You couldn’t and wouldn’t believe that Myungsoo’s dead. Myungsoo looked perfectly fine and now Jungyeop told you that he’s dead. What the heck?

“I was once dead, ____.” Myungsoo’s words struck you like a lightning. Your brain was like stop working for a while. Myungsoo wasn't any better. All kinds of emotions were mixed into a particular horrible feeling. Once again, Myungsoo clenched his fist, but harder this time.

"And we made an agreement, young lady. You could call me a hero if you want actually, since I was the one who brought this young man back to your world. You know... I'm a demon anyway." Jungyeop showed his trademark annoying, devilish smirk. "And you know what young lady, I only asked for some foods in return. Ain't I nice enough?"

 

"Foods?"

 

Just then, it hit you. 

No wonder why the serial murder took place. It was scripted by the demon himself, and everything worked in a demonic way. As Myungsoo got back to life, the curse was started. Suho, Minseok, Victoria, Kris, and Jiah; they were the amount of payment that Jungyeop asked for his job, for the service he'd done, for the life that Myungsoo had right now.

Jungyeop was asking for their souls, his foods.

 

 

 

 

 

"But you know, I haven't had my main course."

 


 

a/n:

hogod this chapter is kinda horrible, idk. sorry guys ;_;

i'm saving something big for the next part, so here goes a cliffhanger~

/bricked/

/kicked/

/shot/