Chapter 21 - Eyes

I Saw That

"____-ah," Myungsoo sipped his drink before continuing his sentence, "you saw those eyes, didn't you?"

 

You nearly choked on your drink, but fortunately you managed to gulp down your hot chocolate down before Myungsoo said so. His words made you lose your appetite in an instant. You hated this. Right when you started to feel comfortable and safe in your current state, the reality just had to strike on you.

If this peaceful moment only existed in your dream, you wished you'd never wake up. However, it wasn't a dream and you, in fact, had a bloody drama to end.

 

You sighed.

You put the cup you were holding on the floor beside you. You pulled your knees to your chest and held them tightly. The memories of what was happening about an hour ago was simply a torture for you. "They are exactly the same," you said as you stared blankly ahead. Your body trembled a bit as the image of those eyes popped on your mind.

"I see..." Myungsoo placed his arm on your head and started your hair. He knew that right now you badly needed some comfort and protection. He then moved his arm to your shoulder and pulled you closer, letting you lean your head on his shoulder, just to let you know that someone was there for you.

 

 

 

Yes, indeed. You saw those eyes on him.

 

Meanwhile, you were just standing there in your current position, frowning your eyebrows, as you were scanning the elder man from head to toe. At a glance, there was nothing wrong with Mr. Jungyeop; he looked just fine, but somehow you knew that something just felt off.

 

It was totally dark inside. The only source of lights you could rely on was the moonlight. The electricity seemed to be out since you couldn't turn on any lamp.

And you; you were surprised by how Mr. Jungyeop just emerged there, out of the blue, after being 'missing in action' for a while. It was a great news, but a bad sign at the same time. And of course, after all that happened to your life, you couldn't just simply trust everything. You felt more suspicious than relieved, seeing that Mr. Jungyeop was back. Because he was back, calmly and safely.

You did observe him, from head to toe. You were judging him, hard. And literally, you scanned him. You found nothing wrong at first, but...

 

Wait.

 

You furrowed your eyes to get a better sight of Mr. Jungyeop. The lack of lights wasn't helping at all. You had to wait for the moonlight to hit the target, to shine right above his eyes. And secretly, you hoped that you had made a false hypothesis. You wanted to prove that you were wrong.

 

Until then, it finally hit you.

 

Those pair of eyes were just too familiar for you to be unnoticed. You'd seen those kind of eyes like million times already. You knew that kind of blood-thirsty gaze on those eyes too well, as it always appeared on every single nightmare you had. Those were, no doubt, the eyes of the killer.

 

 

 

 

"Myungsoo..."

"Yes, ____-ah?"

"Those eyes... Why did he possess them?"

"If only I could answer that..."

"Does that mean that... Mr. Jungyeop... He's a killer too?"

"I don't know. Honestly, my mind's really ed up right now, ____-ah."

"So is mine..."

 

 

And with that, the two of you fell asleep, exhausted.

 

 


 

A/N: What do you think guys? Anyone can guess how this story would go? :)