Chapter 23 - Detective

I Saw That

"So... this guy killed this Suho?" he paused. "And... who was his name again?" Myungsoo scratched his head with the pencil he's holding.

"Minseok."

"Ah yes. Minseok was the first killer..." He wrote down the name on your very own sketchbook.

"...who ended up being killed by that red hair lady." You finished the sentence for Myungsoo. You shivered as you said the last three words. Among all the killers you'd seen, you found her the most frightening. That moment when she threw the knife toward you left some kind of trauma, perhaps.

 

 

Myungsoo and you were on the school's library. Yes, you had school today. And that seemed to be the only remaining piece of reality left in your life. You had this burden in your shoulder to solve the mystery as soon as possible, while other people, the other students, only needed to deal with the school tasks and such, not even having any single idea that this kind of nightmare, your nightmare, occured.

You ran from your class to the library right when the bell for lunch break rang. Myungsoo promised to meet you at the library to work on this case. You came first and picked the furthest seat to avoid disturbance from anyone. You brought your epic sketchbook which had been a bit worn out now by too much flips and grips. Even Jungyeop, the last killer you met who must still be around somewhere in this planet, had ever touched this book.

 

And now there you were, trying to solve the puzzle. You've told him what you saw on your dream earlier this morning. Well... that wasn't really a nightmare, though it was connected to the mystery.

The man called Minseok you saw was no doubt the first killer, the man who threatened you with bloody knife on his hand and that killer gaze in your first nightmare ever, right after he stabbed this man you identified as Suho, his victim, his bestfriend. You could easily recognize it, despite the Minseok in your dream had no killer gaze. Not yet.

 

"But why did he kill Suho?" Myungsoo didn't feel itchy but he kept scratching his head with that pencil from confusion. He looked so serious like he's having a math test or something. "And why were they at the top of Namsan in the middle of the night? Sightseeing? That's all?"

"Unfortunately, Myungsoo... I woke up before I even knew why." You answered. For the first time ever, you wished you had a longer dream. You wanted to know the truth of what the hell was actually going on in your life, and also in theirs.

To think about it, they were at the top of the mountain in your dream, but they weren't there when the murder took place. You remembered seeing them standing on the street, above an asphalt street, not on the grasses at the top of the mountain. One more thing added to your list of questions.

You kinda hated the fact that everything came as a fragment.

 

Let's just wait for the next dream then, if there's any...

 

 

The bell rang.

Both of you had classes to go back to. Myungsoo promised to go look for informations about Minseok and Suho with you after school. The sketchbook was still on his hand and the two of you walked out from the library.

"Geez, I feel like a detective." Myungsoo suddenly chuckled like a kid while staring at everything he wrote down on your book.

You laughed at his innocence. Aish... this kid.

"____-ah..." he turned his head to you. "What?"

 

"After all this ends, remind me to change my last name into Holmes."

 

 

You were speechless for a second, before bursting into the best, the loudest laughter you hadn't had in weeks.

 

 

 

 


 

Get ready for surprises ahead~

Hahahahahahaha /evil laugh/