Chapter 1 - Guest

I Saw That

It was almost midnight. You were just about to pull your blanket over your head and sleep when suddenly you heard a knock. It was neither your mom nor your dad. It wasn't even from the inside. The knock came from the sliding glass door that connected your room to a small balcony. It was actually creepy to hear such thing, moreover when you lived on the 8th floor of an apartment building.

But you weren't afraid at all; not even a single fear trailed down your spine. You knew it wasn't a thief, or a ghost. It was that person.

You got up lazily and saw a silhoutte behind the curtain. You then walked from your bed and the lamp. With no fear, you pulled that curtain covering the glass door.  

"I knew it."

And you were right. He was there, standing on your balcony, holding a big white blanket. He grinned widely right when he saw your face. You quickly opened the door and let the boy in.

"____-ah, let's have a sleepover!" he said cheerfully while throwing himself on your bed. "Ah... your pillow smells really good."

You jumped to your bed and kicked his body with no mercy. "Get off from my bed."

"Fine, fine. Stop kicking! I love the floor anyway." He then laid down on the floor and covered himself with the blanket he brought. You laid on your bed facing him who was down there on the wooden floor.

"Now, Kim Myungsoo. What brings you here?"

"I just miss you." He tried his best to show an aegyo... and failed.

"Greasy... Get outta my room."

He pouted and the two of you ended up laughing. But then, his smile suddenly faded away.

"What happened, Myungsoo?"

"My parents... You know..." He stopped and said nothing more. Well, he didn't need to, anyway.

You always knew that his parents fought a lot. It wasn't the first time. This boy, Kim Myungsoo, was your bestfriend since elementary. The two of you grew up together. He was the gorgeous boy next door. His room was exactly next to yours, and so was his balcony. That explained how he could easily go back and forth to your room. Your door was always open for him. Anytime he needed you, he jumped to your balcony. And so did you.

"I see..." You replied shortly after he stopped talking. "Myungsoo, could you please turn off the lamp?"

He got up without hesitation and turned it off. He laid his body back and stared at your ceiling.

"____, you really don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not, you silly."

"Kwon ____, you're the best."

And with that, the conversation ended.

He fell asleep right away, but you're still wide awake; watching him sleeping, amazed at how good-looking he was. His face looked like it's carved. It was simply perfect. You love his nose, his lips, his eyes... everything. He looked even more like an angel when he slept. He was tall, and unexpectedly had a toned body. You never knew that he would grow this well. He was... perfect.

You then gently lifted his head up and put your pillow under it. He's just too precious for you, though you knew he might not see you that way. And so, you closed your eyes and went to your dreamland.

But the nightmare hadn't started yet.