Chapter 18 - Pictures

I Saw That

Everything was really odd.

 

 

You took off the table cloth and covered it above Jiah's corpse, though you were too afraid to see it. Poor girl, you thought. You did ever feel jealous toward her, but you never wished anything like this happened to her. Myungsoo was upstair, yelling and slamming every doors as he's looking for the murderer. You secretly took a knife, too. The murderer might still be there and he or she might have caught Mr. Jungyeop. Without Myungsoo around, you needed something to protect yourself.

Then, you chose to go upstair after Myungsoo. "Myungsoo, where are you?" He didn't answer but you could hear the slam. He must've been too distracted to hear you. You followed the sounds as your guidance and found Myungsoo, standing still like a statue inside one of the rooms.

 

 

There was only white and white; the bed sheet, the curtains, the wall, everything.

"Myungsoo?" You went in and stood beside him. "What are you looking at?" Myungsoo said nothing and just pointed ahead. Your eyes followed his finger's direction and immediately went bigger in shock as you saw a those pictures sticked on the wall. They weren't just usual pictures.

 

All of them were there, neatly arranged.

All of them were connected by an arrow drawn with red marker.

All of the victims that you saw on the nightmares.

All of the killers that threatened you in those dreams.

 

They were there. It was a compilation of their pictures.

 

 

 

That man in Mt. Namsan.

That guy found behind NB Club.

That red-haired lady.

 

 

 

And the last was nobody but Jiah.

 

"She was one of the killer, wasn't she?" Myungsoo asked in disbelief. "But if she was..." "How did she do it?" Myungsoo cut and continued your sentence; exactly matched what you wanted to say. Myungsoo and you were just standing there in total silence, trying to find the meaning of everything or at least to figure out anything but failed.

"Myungsoo, did you find anything?"

"This is the best result I got." He once again pointed those pictures. "There is no one here, ____"

"But Mr. Jungyeop is gone."

 

It took a while for Myungsoo to process your sentence on his brain. It took a while before he grabbed your arms and dragged you out from that room. "Let's look for him and stay close to me", he said. You just nodded obediently. And you felt safe, even though in fact you were far from it. Both of you walked, one hand holding each other and the other holding a knife as a weapon.

 

"Mr. Jungyeop?" You shouted, attaining an angry stare from Myungsoo.

"Don't shout!" He whispered, loud enough to show that he was mad.

"But why? We have to find Mr. Jungyeop!"

Myungsoo looked around and finally met your eyes. "There must be someone here."

"What? But you said..."

"Do you think Mr. Jungyeop would just simply be gone like that?!"

 

 

 

Myungsoo was right.

 

 

 

There was actually someone in this house, watching everything, even knowing every single steps you both made.