Chapter 24 - Rumor

I Saw That

"And that's all for today..."

 

 

 

The teacher ended the lesson, followed by some loud cheers from the students. Meanwhile, you didn't pay attention to any single lesson given today. You didn't even bother to. Those lessons wouldn't help you solve this case anyway.

You were busy drawing sketches of your recent dream. And honestly, you didn't hear the bell rang. You wouldn't know that the school's over if you didn't see the other students getting up from their seats.

 

The next thing you knew was Jiae and Soojung approaching your seat. "Hey, ____. Wanna go home together?" Jiae clung her arm on your shoulder.

You looked up and found those two pretty girls smiling. You felt thankful since they were probably the only friends who genuinely cared about you, aside from Myungsoo. They knew you're having a hard time, but they didn't leave you. That was really touching. Sometimes you envied them, anyway. They lived happily, away from this kind of misery you had. They lived normally, to make it simple.

"I'll pass." You smiled. They gave you concerning looks.

"Look, if you need our help, just call us, okay?" Soojung patted your head and the two of them walked out from the class.

 

You grabbed your bag and slowly walked down the stairs with your head down. Some students just passed by and ignored you. Some others gave you cynical look. You knew them all, but you didn't even give a damn about it.

 

Rumor had it that you had a mental illness. Ever since the moment you first showed up at school looking messy and miserable, ignoring the outer world and absorbed with your sketchbook, sketching things like a maniac, many students thought that you were suffering from some kind of depression.

This was probably one of the reason you refused to walk home with Soojung and Jiae.

 

 

 

 

"_____-ah..."

You looked up and found Dongwoo coming from the opposite direction. He looked worried. "Hey, are you okay?"

You just smiled. You looked behind his back and just realized that he wasn't alone. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong; all the other friends of Myungsoo were also there, but they didn't even take a glance at you, like you didn't exist.

 

See? The rumor had spread in a speed of lightning. Well, at least Dongwoo still bothered to greet you.

 

"Do you see Myungsoo?"

"He's on the parking lot. I think he's waiting for you."

" I see. I'll get going then." You nodded and walked away. Dongwoo smiled and walked upstairs with the others. Not so long after that, you heard your phone ringing. It was a text message. You thought it was Myungsoo, but it wasn't.

 

 

Look. I don't know what's going on, but be strong ok?

Myungsoo worries you a lot too. He's kinda quiet recently.

--Dongwoo

 

You smiled and replied, thanking him. Kind person does exist, you thought.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo greeted you with furrowed eyebrows plus a slight pout. He was sitting on his bike, hugging his helmet. He looked... panicked. You sped up your steps and stood in front of him.

"____-ah, you won't believe this..."

 

 

 

 


 

what would myungsoo tell her? wait for the next chapter :p

sorry but i feel like trolling right now lololol