Chapter 10 - Noticing

I Saw That

Standing up in disbelief, you slowly walked toward the glass door. Myungsoo stood still on your balcony, pressed his face closer to the glass door as you came closer to reach it. You froze for a moment in front of the door. The sunset created a beautiful silhouette of him. It was just simply mesmerizing.

Waking up from the daydreaming, you quickly opened the door. Before even letting him in, Myungsoo pulled you into his arms, made your head rest on his chest. At that time, you realized how much you missed this annoying, yet lovely boy. The thought of never being able to feel his warmth anymore hurt you. That's why you were so happy that you broke into tears.

"I'm so sorry, ____-ah." He whispered and hugged you even tighter. "I was supposed to protect you. What kind of friend am I?"

You really didn't know what to say. Just him being there right now made you feel safe. Just knowing that he trusted you was more than enough. He gently your cheek and wiped your tears.

"I... I saw that..." You were surprised with his sudden stammer. "I should've trusted you in the first place."

Your eyes popped out in shock. You let go of his hug and stare directly at his eyes. Was that... fear? You then dragged him along and sat on your bed's edge. He somehow looked pretty scared; you could tell from how he gulped. You held his hands and you could easily feel that they were cold. What was he afraid of? What happened to him?

"What did you see, Myungsoo? Where were you?"

He sighed deeply and started to tell you the whole story; how he was hanging out in Hongdae after school and found everything you said that he thought was nonsense real.

"They found a dead body near Club NB, just like what you drew, _____. And I swear I saw that red hair."

You held your breath when he said the last two words. Red hair.

"What? But she was the murderer. Why was it her who found dead?"

"Calm down, I'm not finished yet. Right when I was just about to leave, they carried out another corpse."

"Another o-one...?"

"Yeah. I couldn't see anything but the officer said that it was a man."

"It must be him..."

You took the book from your bag and pointed one sketch where the red-haired lady was stabbing a man. You felt confused. If that red-haired lady was also dead, then who was the killer?

Myungsoo was randomly looking at your neat and clean room when he noticed that piece of paper you threw on the floor. He then stood up to pick the paper. He carefully read the news and was surprised when it came to the picture.

"____-ah, this is..."

"I know right." You flipped the page and showed him the perfectly accurate sketch of the first murder's victim.

"Oh my God..." He put that paper on your desk and sat back besides you. "Can I see that?"

Myungsoo pointed the book and you handed it to him. He took a look for the second time at every single drawing you made. Myungsoo didn't see them properly that time at the rooftop. He was eaten by confusion and disbelief back then, which he seemed to regret.

He went back to the first page you drew and opened the next page. But then he kept flipping back to the first page, moved to the next page and flipped back to the first page again and so on; he was comparing something. You didn't know what he was looking at, or maybe looking for.

"Hey, _____, don't you notice?"

"What do you mean?"

"The killer on the first murder looked too similar to be two different person with the victim on the second one."

"W-wait... What?" Your brain couldn't proceed what he said. "I don't get it, what did you mean?"

"Look," he pulled you closer to him and pointed the first page.

"Don't you think that this man..." he flipped the page and pointed the second page,"was the same person with this man?"

At that moment, you felt like a big lightning just you. How on earth did you not notice this earlier?

"So this man killed the first victim and he was killed by the red-haired lady. Is that what you mean?" You tried to conclude it.

"Exactly, _____."

"Then... the person who killed that lady..."

 



Myungsoo and you stared at each other's eyes, knowing that the terror wasn't over yet...