Birthday Date With D.O

A Day With EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cameo: Ryeowook and Kyuhyun

 

I was so excited. Tomorrow will officially be my birthday. I can't wait what surprises I will get this year. I was distracted by the phone call. "Hello?" I answered. I heard Kyungsoo's voice over the phone. I've decided to call him by his real name from now on instead of D.O because it sounds nicer. "Hi, ______________," He greeted me. "I heard your birthday is tomorrow. I thought I might just take you to our neighborhood park for a date." Huh? A date at the park? "I know you might think it sounds boring. But I plan to prepare a special event just for you."

"Another surprise again?" I asked with a smile. "Yeah. Anyways, you'll see tomorrow evening. See you there," said Kyungsoo and he hung up the call. I wonder what surprise he has installed for me again. 

 

(D.O's POV)

Since I want to make my surprise something memorable for _____________'s birthday, it has to be something exciting that she'll never forget. I'll call Ryeowook senior for advise. "Hello?" the voice said over the line. "Ryeowook, it's me, D.O. I need your help with something," I said.

"Sure. What help do you need?"

"I'm preparing a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. Any suggestions that I can do?"

"Hmm........I think Kyuhyun has done something like this for his girlfriend's birthday before. It's setting up a romantic dinner at the park."

"Dinner at the park?"

"Yeah. It's quite simple. Just have a simple candlelight dinner with delicious food and some music."

"I see. That sounds like a great idea. But I'll need some helping hand with this kind of event. All my members are busy with their schedules and I can't do them by myself."

"Don't worry. I'll come and help you. Kyuhyun can help you as well, since he's done it before."

"Great. See you tomorrow morning."

 

~~~~

(The next morning)

 

I woke up, bright and cheery, knowing that today is my birthday. I brushed my teeth, wash my face and put on my casual t-shirt and shorts. I can smell mom cooking tteokguk soup and seaweed soup. "Here she comes! Our birthday girl!" I heard mom exclaiming as soon as I enter the dining room. I smiled as I give her the nose kiss. "Happy birthday, sweetie," dad said. "Your presents are in the living room. One from me, one from mom and one from your friend, Yeiji. She sent the gift over by mail."

Since my date with Kyungsoo only starts in the evening, I might as well open them up. "Finish your breakfast first before you open them, dear," said mom. I obey her instructions and eat first. After breakfast, I went over to the presents to open them. A sweater was mom's present. I got a watch from dad. And lastly, I got a teddy bear from Yeiji. How sweet of them.

"Do you like them?"

"Of course. I'll be happy with anything you give me."

 

(D.O's POV)

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun senior came to my house that morning. "Hi. I'm so glad you could help me," I greeted them. We all sit by the table to think about suggestions for the event. "First of, you have to think of what food you want to cook for you and your girlfriend," said Kyuhyun. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter