Birthday Date With Kai

A Day With EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was so excited. Tomorrow will officially be my birthday. I can't wait what surprises I will get this year. I was distracted by the phone call. "Hello?" I answered. I heard Kai's voice over the phone, "Hi, honey. I heard your birthday is tomorrow. I thought I might take you out on a date to the art gallery. A friend of my sister is having a showcase. Interested to come?" Luckily, my birthday falls on a weekend. I should be free. "Sure. I'd love to go," I told him. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9. See you," said Kai. I hung up the call and resume my homework.

 

~~~~

(The next morning)

 

I woke up, bright and cheery, knowing that today is my birthday. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and put on my pretty dress. I can smell mom cooking tteokguk soup and seaweed soup. "Here she comes! Our birthday girl!" I heard mom exclaiming as soon as I enter the dining room. I smiled as I give her the nose kiss. "Happy birthday, sweetie," dad said. "Your presents are in the living room. One from me, one from mom and one from your friend, Yeiji. She sent the gift over by mail."

"Can I open them later? I have a date with Kai today," I told them as I eat my breakfast. In case you're wondering, I told my parents I had a boyfriend after the date at the amusement park during the summer.  "I see. Where is he taking you?" asked dad. "To the art gallery," I replied. "His sister's friend is having a showcase there."

"That sounds like fun," said mom. "Finish your breakfast first before you leave. You do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter