Second Time

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That Chinese boy, how is he?” Eunsoo’s dad asked her. The father and the daughter were walking down the lane to their house, after closing the restaurant for the day.

“Who? Yixing?” Eunsoo asked. “He’s a good person. Such a great friend.” She said with a smile. Her dad stopped walking and turned to her. “But I think he likes you.” He said with a smirk. Eunsoo almost stumbled on her steps. She stopped and stared at her dad’s smirking face. “Don’t be absurd appa, we’re friends and nothing else is there between us.”

Her dad smiled at her. “That’s how you think of him. How do you know whether he thinks of you the same way or not?”

Eunsoo giggled and put her hand around her dad’s waist. “Appa...! Are you that desperate to find me a boyfriend?” She asked looking up at him with a mischievous grin. Her dad frowned at her. “Yah Choi Eunsoo, I’m not going to give you away that easily!” He said, earning a laugh from his daughter. The two of them started walking again along the path edged with rose bushes.

 

The dark lane was barely visible under the light of old street lamps. The two walked past a luxurious car, which was parked in front of a neighbour’s house. “Looks like Mrs.Han is having visitors today.” Eunsoo’s dad said looking at the car. “Good for the old lady, his son never visits her.”

Eunsoo nodded as she walked past the car. But suddenly she stopped and whirled around to look in to the car as she caught a glimpse of a familiar white face while walking past it. Her dad turned his head around and looked at her. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

Eunsoo quickly shoved her hand into her pocket and took out her phone. “I’m getting a call appa, I’ll answer this and come. Appa go ahead.” She said, afraid that his father might see the person who is in the car. Her dad answered in a mocking tone. “Bet that’s the Chinese boy.”

“Appa!” Eunsoo stomped her foot, annoyed by her father’s teasing. “Alright alright...I’m leaving.” Her dad chuckled at her childish behaviour, turned around and walked away.

 

As she watched him walk away, Eunsoo heard the door of the car close with a bang. She jumped in surprise and turned to see the white face right in front of her.

“What on earth are you doing here at this hour Junmyeon?” She asked angrily. “What if appa saw you? He would have definitely misunderstood!”

“Why are you doing this to me?” Junmyeon asked, completely ignoring her words. “Doing what?” Eunsoo asked back, wondering what he was talking about.

“Do you like Yixing?” he asked. Eunsoo could see his chest heaving, and colour rising up in his pale white face. She understood that he was angry. “There’s nothing like that Junmyeon! All of us know that we’re only friends! So why are you acting like this?” she asked getting angry herself.

“Then what is this?” Junmyeon took out his phone and showed the photo of Yixing and Eunsoo having dinner. Eunsoo scoffed. “Is it the first time I had dinner with him? And even you had dinner with me like that. It’s something I would do with any friend of mine! Are you that stupid to think I like him by seeing a selfie of us?”

Junmyeon clenched his jaws. “It’s not the only thing Choi Eunsoo. You have been flirting with him all day long. Why are you doing this to me Eunsoo?”

Eunsoo was out raged by his words this time. “Flirting? I am not a girl who goes around flirting with guys Junmyeon. You’d better mind what you’re saying as I have done nothing wrong to hear such things. And what is it to you? Why are you getting mad like this?” She said glaring at him.

“Because, seeing you two together drives me insane! Even this afternoon, I walked out of the lunch because I couldn’t stand seeing you two together. I hate seeing you be so good to him.” He said, this time, his voice was softer than before.

Eunsoo stared at him. “Are you jealous Junmyeon? Are you jealous because Yixing is closer to me than you are?” she asked curiously. “You don’t have to be jealous! I mean, you both are the same to me! I consider both of you as my best friends!” She said. “But I don’t want to be the same as him.” Junmyeon muttered. Just then Eunsoo’s phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID and looked back at Junmyeon.

Easily getting what that look means, Junmyeon snatched the phone away from her before she could answer it. The next second the phone was smashed on the ground. With the great force he gave out of rage, the housing of the phone broke into three pieces and the display shattered in to hundreds of small pieces.

Eunsoo gasped and clapped her hand to . She knew it was hard for Junmyeon to control his anger. But she didn’t know that he can be this aggressive. Junmyeon caught her by the shoulders and made her look back at him. “If there’s nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter