Guardian Angel

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae tossed and the couch. The beam of sunlight which crept through the window of the shop hit his face. He scrunched his face and turned his head again. Since it woke him, he slowly opened his eyes, and with the first sight his eyes met, they shot wide open.

Junmyeon and Eunsoo were sitting on the couch opposite to them, Junmyeon hugging Eunsoo and sleeping on her shoulder, and Eunsoo dozing off with her head bent down.

What made his mouth go agape was seeing Eunsoo wearing Junmyeon’s sweater, and Junmyeon being shirtless in the freezing rainy weather. A silent chuckle escaped Jongdae’s lips as he patted Minseok awake. Minseok groaned and sat straight. He rubbed his eyes open, and even his eyes widened seeing the scene in front of him. Slowly, a smile crept on to his lips. He turned to Jongdae.

Let them be.

He mouthed to the younger. Jongdae nodded with a smirk.

“YAH HYUNG! AAAAAAARRRGGHHHHH MY INNOCENT EYES!!!”

Both Jongdae and Minseok almost fell off the couch startled by Sehun’s loud voice. Junmyeon and Eunsoo jumped awake, and so did everyone else in the room. Jongdae sighed and Minseok facepalmed.

“Why are you two doing those things when all of us are here? Oh god Hyung I thought you were a god boy!” the youngest went on.

Junmyeon quickly stood up from the couch. “Do-doing what? What on earth are you thinking?” He asked, looking at all the faces staring at him, not knowing where to focus. Baekhyun grinned cheekily, and came to him.

“No need to explain hyung,” He put an arm around Junmyeon’s bare shoulder. “Although we’re single, we understand it.”

Junmyeon pushed his arm away. “Understand what? Look here, you guys are in a huge misunderstanding. It was just that I was cold because I took off my sweater, and so I hugged her-“

Half of the listener’s jaws dropped. “You were cold because you took off the sweater?” Chanyeol asked with one eyebrow raised.

Junmyeon shook his head violently. “You’re getting it totally wrong! Aish!!!” He facepalmed.

“I went out to meet my dad and got wet in the rain. Junmyeon gave me his sweater since I was cold in wet clothes. That’s what happened.” Eunsoo explained calmly. Junmyeon sighed in relief. “Yeah, that’s what I was going to say.”

Sohyun giggled. Sehun grinned at the two culprits. But before he could give another embarrassing opinion, Kyungsoo spoke up.

“I have an extra shirt in my locker hyung, come I’ll give I to you.” He got up and walked to the room inside. Junmyeon rushed after him, eager to escape from the embarrassing situation.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

It was the last tutorial discussion for organic chemistry before the finals. All had gathered in the lecture hall and were waiting for the lecturer to enter. Eunsoo was still not there, yet Junmyeon waited patiently since she was late often. But when the lecturer entered the hall and started wearing her mic, he started to get impatient.

“Where are you?”

He quickly sent her a text.

“On my way! Gastritis again Junmyeon...that’s why I’m late.”

Junmyeon sighed and stuffed the phone inside his pocket. He hated how careless she was being about her meals. All she cared about was studying and working in her dad’s restaurant, and she didn’t eat well if he was not with her and also didn’t have enough sleep these days. And now she was gaining the effects of it, her usual illness gastritis, was hitting again. Making up his mind to give her a good dose of scolding when she comes, he turned his attention towards the lecture.

 

“....but don’t expect me to give you easy questions like these in the tutorial. They won’t be based on.....”

Junmyeon was finding it hard to concentrate on the lecture. Eunsoo was late about fifteen minutes and he was sure she would be told off by the strict lecturer if she’s late anymore. His gaze was shifting between the entrance and his watch, instead of paying attention to the tutorial discussion. Minseok nudged him and pointed towards the screen. Junmyeon ignored him and took out his phone. Covering behind the tall and broad figure of Chanyeol who was sitting in front of him, Junmyeon dialled her number.

“Why aren’t you still here???” he whispered to the phone. He could hear Eunsoo panting while speaking because she was running on her way.

“Almost there...” Eunsoo panted. “I’m in the corridor now...few meters awa-“

Junmyeon heard the clatter of something falling, as if the phone slipped from her hand and fell on the ground. Along with that, he heard something heavier also fall.

“Eunsoo,” He called her aloud. “Yeoboseyo?”

A few heads of people seated nearby turned towards his direction, wondering who had the courage to misbehave in such a strict professor’s lecture. Both Minseok and Yixing who were sitting beside him, turned to him with the are-you-insane look in their eyes.

“Eunsoo,” Junmyeon who didn’t even slightly noticed the attention he was gaining, called out even louder. This time the professor turned to their direction. “What’s going on?”

Without waiting even for a second anymore, Junmyeon shot up from his seat and ran towards the entrance of the hall. He opened the door and ran straight out.

All the students in the hall, including the professor herself, gapped at the door as Junmyeon had already vanished. “Huh,” the annoyed professor let out a scoff.

 

Junmyeon saw a figure silently lying few meters away on the floor of the empty passage. He dashed towards her and fell on his knees beside her. “Eunsoo, Eunsoo!” He shook her. But she was unconscious. Junmyeon picked up her bag which was lying beside her, and hung it on his shoulder, and he quickly carried her to his hands and ran straight to the car park, not even sparing a mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter