Seen

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The apartment was in silence. Junmyeon was lying on the couch in his living room, resting his head on Eunsoo’s lap, fallen into a deep slumber. Eunsoo sat in silence, caressing his head with one hand, while her other hand was firmly held by him, placed on his chest. The TV was switched on, but Eunsoo kept it at mute mode, afraid that it would disturb Junmyeon. She looked at him sleeping soundly, holding her hand close to his heart. His face was tear stained, and was drained of colour, with pale lips. Although he took some pills, he still had fever. She felt the heat radiating from his hand. She sent her fingers through his soft brown hair, and lifted her head towards the TV. It has been more than two hours since he had had the soup and fallen asleep.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yixing was coming out from his brother’s office, when his phone started ringing in his pocket.

“Yeah ge.” He answered the call.

“Are you at home Yixing?” Came Kris’s voice from the other end.

“No ge, I had to come to my gege’s office since he wanted me here. I’m heading home now.” He said.

“How was Junmyeon this morning?” Kris asked.

Yixing walked to his car and unlocked it while talking on the phone. “He was asleep when I left home today. But he must be awake now.” He said.

Kris nodded at the other end, though Yixing couldn’t see it. “We thought we should hang out today with him a bit. That would cheer him up.” He said. “Let’s go together. We can then go out for lunch with him. Or we can order lunch if he doesn’t wanna go out.” Kris went on, in concern.

Yixing started his car. “Yeah ge, that’d be great. Then meet me at our apartment complex okay? I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” With that he ended the call and drove out of the company car park.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yixing parked the car in the apartment complex’s car park, and walked out. He was greeted by five grinning faces, who were standing by a car in front of the building. They were Kris, Minseok, Kyungsoo, Tao and Luhan. Yixing waved and walked to them.

“We didn’t go in since we thought of surprising Junmyeon by barging in together.” Luhan said. Yixing raised his eyebrows and smiled in a doubtful manner. “Let’s hope he’s in a good mood now.” He said. “So where are the others?”

“They’ll be here soon.” Kris said. So they waited, and after a few minutes, two motor bikes arrived together, one with Baekhyun and Sehun while the other one with Jongin and Jongdae. “We saw Chanyeol hyung on our way.” Jongin said. “He was coming out of that shop...with a pile of pizzas!” He said with a huge grin, pointing at the far corner of the street. Yixing smirked at him. “Looks like we’ll be having a feast today.” He said. “Okay if he’s coming, let’s go.”

The ten guys entered the building and went to the elevators. Right then Chanyeol too, came to them, just like Jongin said, piled up with pizzas.

 

1-0-0-7

Yixing entered the pin to enter their apartment. “He recently changed it to my birthday.” He said smiling at the guys. And he opened the door and stepped in.

 

 

What Yixing saw inside, made him freeze on the spot. Not only him, but also more that half of the gang froze behind him.

Junmyeon was lying on the couch, fast asleep, resting his head on Eunsoo’s lap, and her hand was held by him on his chest. Eunsoo too, had dozed off, supporting her head with her hand which was on the arm of the couch.

Sehun’s mouth hung open. Tao’s and Kyungsoo’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, while Jongin looked at them and sighed. Chanyeol bit his lower lip hard and looked at Baekhyun, who was looking back at him with a guilty expression. Kris was staring straight at the sleeping Junmyeon, his jaws clenched. Jongdae scoffed, and turned to Luhan, who shrugged and looked at Minseok. Minseok felt guilty the most, and was looking everywhere else than his friends.

 

Yixing gripped the car key in his hand. His jaws clenched, he couldn’t take his eyes away from the couple. His eyes had an unreadable expression, and his breathing became faster. Chanyeol was the first to speak.

“Yixing hyung,” He started. “Hyung-” he couldn’t continue, as Yixing stormed straight across the living room to his room, and went in, banging the door close behind him.

 

Tao tried to follow him, but Jongin held his hand and stopped him. “Let him be.” He said.

Meanwhile, the banging of the door made Eunsoo wake up startled. She looked at all the shocked faced in front of her, and felt uneasy. She started patting Junmyeon’s arm, trying to wake him up. “J-Junmyeon...get up,” She muttered.

 

Junmyeon stirred and slowly opened his eyes. He looked around, and seeing the unexpected guests, shot up from the couch at once.

“When did you come?” He asked. Kris scoffed at his question. “Us? Ask when did Yixing come.” He said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter