Greece

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsoo was on her way to the laboratory department on the following Monday, after the staff day. Her heart was beating rapidly, afraid that she might meet Junmyeon on her way. She was careful not to look anywhere but just a few feet ahead she walked. As the quickly reached the elevators, and got into one, along with several other employees.

The elevator was somewhat crowded. She was glad that she could blend in with the crowd and make herself unnoticeable. She wanted to disappear. She wanted to leave the building every second that passed. But she had no choice but to keep working there, because all the problems her family was currently facing, left her no choice.

It was the second floor, when the elevator opened with a ‘Ding’ sound, and two or three people got off. And two men walked in, and the doors closed.

Eunsoo took a several steps backward, making her step on a man in his forties, who had been standing behind him. He hissed in pain, and Eunsoo turned to him and bowed apologetically. “I’m so sorry.” She mouthed, and continued to move backwards, still she hit the back wall of the elevator, and was well covered from the two men standing at the front, as three or four people were standing in the middle.

But making her helpless again, the elevator opened at the fourth floor, where the marketing department was situated in, and all the other employees got out of the elevator, leaving Eunsoo alone in there.

 

With Junmyeon and Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol turned back as the doors close, feeling a small presence behind him. A low ‘Oh’ exclamation left his lips as he saw her. She clutched her bag tightly and looked from Chanyeol to Junmyeon in fear.

He turned his head around, hearing Chanyeol’s small exclaim. His eyes met hers for the briefest moment, and he turned back to the front, his gaze brushing past her..

As if no one was there.

If he glared at her, or gave any kind of rude or angry reaction, she would just be hurt. But seeing him completely ignore her, as if she was invisible, made her heart shatter completely. Adding to the ache that was tugging in her chest, he pressed the button of the next floor. The door opened in a few seconds, and he walked out without a word. But it was not the floor where his department was situated in.

Chanyeol gaped at Junmyeon, who walked away, not even bothering to wait for his assistant. He glanced at Eunsoo one last time, with an expression mixed with sympathy and confuse, and ran behind Junmyeon.

Eunsoo heaved a sigh. In one second, he made her feel the most miserable she had ever felt.

She bit the inside of her cheek and waited till she arrived at her floor.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Greece is Kim Jaewook’s next target in expanding the business.” Yuzeng said while going through some documents, not lifting his head to look at his brother who was sitting in front of him. “So this tour is extremely important.” He went on. “You can meet the European share holders and get to know them. And win them over as well.”

Yixing leaned forward, placing his elbows on Yuzeng’s table. “Take back that proposal. And I will go to Greece.” He said nonchalantly.

That was when Yuzeng lifted his eyes from his documents. “What do you mean? You want me to tell Mr.Seo that my brother won’t be agreeing to meet his daughter because he’s dating some random girl in his office? Is that what you want?”

Yixing clenched his jaws at his brother’s words. But he remained calm, and nodded his head. “Yeah fine, you can say that if you want.”

“Yixing!” Yuzeng raised his voice for the first time that day. These kind of conversations were not rare between the two brothers these days, but Yuzeng always managed to hold him calm and unyielding demeanour. But he was losing his patience with Yixing day by day. “Snap out of that naive mind of yours! For whom am I doing all these things? Why can’t you just be a bit more sensible?”

“Why can’t you be sensible, like Taehee noona, ge?” Yixing asked back. “If she can understand what I want, why can’t you?” he asked, reminding of how Taehee, Yuzeng’s wife had always been on his side. He sighed, completely frustrated, and stood up from his chair, and gave Yuzeng his final answer before walking out of the office.

“I’ll be joining the trip, but not because I want to fulfil your desires. I’m going there only because one of my friends is having an important event planned there and I have to be with him.” he looked straight into his brother’s eyes, with an identical glare on his eyes as well as Yuzeng’s “And I’m taking Jiyayi with me to Greece.”

He walked out of the office, not waiting to see how Yuzeng banged his hands on the table and stood up furiously.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The “Exo” group chat was active again, after a few busy days when no one had time to talk with each other even through a text.

Chanyeol : Guys! Have breaking news to tell y’all!!! :D

Baekhyun : Our Chanyeollie is going to propose Sohyun...and that idiot thinks we still don’t know that!!! XD

Chanyeol : Geez Baek, what a spoil sport you are. Okay now. What he said is right.um gonna propose her and I’ll be doing it on our trip to Greece this weekend!

Jongin : GREECE? Omo, when was that planned?

Minseok : It’s a business trip to Greece. Junmyeon and Yixing are going, and Chanyeol will be joining as Junmyeon’s assistant obviously.

Sehun : So what are we supposed to do? -_-

Jongdae : Stay home and sleep Sehun. So some common sense will get into that head of yours. ;)

Chanyeol : We won’t be leaving alone! I want you all to join us! Let’s make this a chance to reunite properly guys! And guess what, Junmyeon Hyung is taking care of all expenses!

Tao : Woah! Daebak! I knew it! Hyung’s the best!

Luhan : So all we have to do is get our schedules clear this weekend right?

Chanyeol : Yeah of course! XD

Sehun : Junmyeon hyung, I’m glad that you are joining us. It’ll be good for you.

 

(a brief silence in the chat...)

 

Kyungsoo : Umm...so what should we pack?

Sehun : No really, I mean it’s good for our hyung to have a break from everything...

Yixing : .......Guys, plan some fun stuff to do there...

Sehun : No really, I mean, after everything that happened the past few days...

Chanyeol : CHECK YOUR INBOX Sehun I have sent you a private message.

 

 

The brief chat ended like that, all the others being afraid that Junmyeon will get upset again by Sehun’s careless words. Chanyeol managed to explain the youngest personally and made him delete the messages he sent, but not all of them noticed that Junmyeon, had been silently reading the chat all the time. There was nothing for him to be newly hurt, as he already was like resistant to all kinds of heart breaks.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Eunsoo couldn’t believe her eyes. It was even harder to take her eyes off the computer screen. She was looking at the list of staff chosen to join the business trip to Greece that weekend, and the last name on the list, was hers.

How can fate be this much twisted?

But what she didn’t k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter