First Time

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Things went on well between Junmyeon and Eunsoo since that day. Eunsoo and Sohyun got close with the guys even more, and both Yixing and Junmyeon started considering Eunsoo as one of their best friends. Junmyeon joined the studies with Eunsoo and Yixing just as he promised, and day by day, his smiles became brighter, and were seen more often. Without even realizing, he also started waiting to see Eunsoo every morning. One morning Yixing was eagerly staring at the door of the physics lab, and Junmyeon was pretending to be unconcerned, yet kept on checking the door with the corner of his eyes, Chanyeol came walking in and flopped on the bench next to Junmyeon.

“No use of waiting for your crush Yixing hyung,” He said, thinking Yixing was the only one who was waiting for Eunsoo. Junmyeon quickly took out his phone and started scrolling through it, pretending not to listen to them.

“Why? What’s wrong? Has something happened to her?” Yixing looked bewildered.

“Nah, today’s Sohyun’s sister’s wedding, remember?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah I do, but Eunsoo’s not attending it. She told us so!” Yixing replied impatiently. Eunsoo had told Sohyun that she can’t miss the physics practical class, so she won’t be coming to the wedding. But all of them knew that Eunsoo rejected the invitation because she could not afford a dress or a gift. Sohyun, knowing her friend’s pride since they were kids, did not offer to buy her a dress. Knowing all these, both Yixing and Junmyeon were confused.

“Sohyun and her sister’s best friend were supposed to be the bride’s maids. But that friend has fallen in the bathroom yesterday and broken her hand. So it turned out Sohyun asking Eunsoo to take that friend’s place!” Chanyeol explained. “Oh, is that so?” Yixing asked, looking disappointed. Chanyeol nodded in reply.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

All the wedding guests, family members and friends who were gathered in front of the hotel waved at the car, which was driving away taking the newly wedded couple on their honeymoon to Jeju Island. When the limousine had disappeared, Sohyun turned to Eunsoo and hugged her tightly. “Thank you so.........much Eunsoo! For saving the day for my unnie!” She beamed at her best friend. “And I’m glad that you had to come to the wedding!”

Eunsoo beamed back at her. “Thanks to you too. I had a great day thanks to you.” She looked down at her bride’s maid dress. “Let’s go and change. I have to return this dress to its rightful owner.” She chuckled.

“What owner? It’s yours now. You wore it and you can keep it!” Sohyun said. Eunsoo’s eyes widened in surprise. “Really? Can I keep it?”

Sohyun couldn’t help smiling seeing the shine in her friend’s eyes. She nodded in reply.

Eunsoo grinned ear to ear and took Sohyun’s hand in hers. “Then I’ll get going.”

“How?” Sohyun asked.

“I can get a taxi.”

“Look it’s already eight thirty. I can’t send you alone at night like that.” Sohyun started looking around searching for someone. “No Sohyun I’m fine with it. It’s not the first time I’m going home alone at night.” Eunsoo said with a smile. But Sohyun was not listening to her, and was busy scanning the guest crowd. “Ah! There they are.” She grabbed Eunsoo’s hand and dragged her through the crowd. She came to a stop at a young couple.

“This is my cousin Choi Siwon. And this is his wife Jessica unnie.” She introduced the pleasant looking couple to Eunsoo. Eunsoo smiled and bowed to them. “Oppa, unnie, this is my best friend Choi Eunsoo. She’s going the same way as you. So can you please drop her by her house when you’re going home?” Sohyun asked them. “Of course, no problem at all.” Siwon said with a smile and his wife nodded in agreement.

 

“So how are your studies Eunsoo?” Jessica asked when the three of them were in the car and were on the way home. “Quite good unnie.” Eunsoo replied with a smile. “I’ve heard Sohyun’s parents scolding her for not being so hard working like her friend. I bet that friend is you.” Siwon said with a smirk, his eyes still on the road. Eunsoo smiled at this, remembering how lazy Sohyun can sometimes be. Suddenly, remembering something, she let out a gasp.

“Why? Did you forget to bring anything?” Jessica quickly turned back from the front seat and asked. “No it’s... I forgot to take my half finished assignment home yesterday. It’s still in the collage in my locker. The thing is I have to finish and submit it tomorrow.” Eunsoo bit her lip.

“Oh that.” Siwon said coolly. “We are near the collage. Let’s stop by, take it and go.”

“Am I bothering you?” Eunsoo asked nervously.

“It’s nothing dear, go ahead.” Jessica said with a kind smile on her beautiful face when Siwon stopped the car at the front gate of the campus. “I’ll be back in two minutes.” Eunsoo quickly got off from the car and ran into the collage. It was a Friday, so there were some people still inside the campus since they had late night sport practices.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae were walking towards the basket ball court after finishing their swimming practices. Chanyeol, who was in the indoor basket ball court, saw the two guys and came out, drenched in sweat. “Where’s Junmyeon hyung?” He asked.

“Coming out with Minseok hyung.” Baekhyun replied. “But why isn’t Kris hyung-“

Baekhyun’s words trailed off as he suddenly caught a glimpse of someone running along a nearby passage. “What is it?” Jongdae asked, as both he and Chanyeol craned their necks and looked where Baekhyun was looking. “I saw a girl running through that corridor.” He said with a suspicious look.

“Must be someone from the swimming team.” Jongdae said nonchalantly. But Baekhyun shook his head. “She was dressed up, and looked awfully familiar.” With that he started striding towards the direction he saw the girl running. Jongdae and Chanyeol both sighed and went after him.

Not knowing she was being followed, Eunsoo ran towards the exit with the assignment in her hands. Soon after she came out of the corridor and kept on walking quickly under the light of the lamp posts.

“Why it’s Eunsoo!” Chanyeol exclaimed recognizing the girl. “Told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter