Troubled & Disturbed

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon knocked on the door and stuffed his hand back in his jeans pocket. A “Come in.” was heard from inside the office room, and he opened the door and walked in.

“I thought you’d be here earlier than this.”

The tall Chinese attorney, who was seated at his office table, with a several piles of files in front of him, watched Junmyeon walking towards his table.

“I had to visit Eunsoo’s brother last night Kris. It was almost dawn when I went home, and I slept in without realizing.” Junmyeon answered, dragging a chair to sit in front of Kris.

“It’s good that you decided to stay put about this slush fund matter.” Kris started, closing the document folder he had been working on. “Thing won’t go your way if you throw around tantrums shouting to prove your innocence. We have to be more thoughtful this time.”

Junmyeon nodded. “It’s good to have a lawyer friend you know,” he said with a smile. Kris returned his smile with a chuckle. “Let’s file a case against Zhang Yuzeng for attempt murder regarding your accident. Then if we manage to find evidence against him for fraud and making the slush fund in your name, the trial against you filed by the company will automatically close.” He explained. “But the problem is...” he looked at his friend, biting the inside of his cheek.

“Why? What is it Kris?” Junmyeon asked.

“Eunsoo is the only witness in this case. There’s no other who can testify against Yuzeng. And since she is the victim’s girlfriend, and is also the victim of his threatens, she won’t be enough as a witness.” Kris said.

Junmyeon nodded and bit his lip. “Well that’s a problem too...”

“Doesn’t matter. We’ll take care of it somehow.” Kris said with a smile. “Since it’s your problem, I have to give it my all, no matter how.” He gave Junmyeon one of his rare smiles.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Eunsoo stood in front of the gate to the huge mansion, and sighed for the nth time. she wanted to go in, but her guilty conscious didn’t let her move. Since she was the one who left Junmyeon without reasoning, she was sure that his parents resented her. But after she heard from Chanyeol what had happened to Junmyeon, and because his phone was switched off the whole morning, she couldn’t help but going to his place. But after failing to gather up the courage to walk in, she turned back to leave the place.

Just then, the gate opened and a car appeared in front of her. She quickly stepped aside to let it leave, but the engine suddenly went silent. And a door opened and Junmyeon’s dad stepped out.

He smiled as soon as his eyes met Eunsoo’s. Eunsoo went white and quickly bowed down. “Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Kim.” She mumbled.

“Weren’t you going to come in Eunsoo?” he asked. His voice was laced with kindness, but Eunsoo was not sure. “I-I’ll come back later. I-”

“Let’s go in Eunsoo.” Mr. Kim said, interrupting her stutter. “I know why you’re hesitating like that, but Junmyeon told us everything this morning. So stop worrying and let’s go inside.” He bent down to talk to his driver. “We’ll go there later Junho.”

Eunsoo nervously walked behind him towards the mansion. But she was relieved at heart, to hear such words from Junmyeon’s dad.

“Jiwon! Look who’s here.” He called out to his wife. Jiwon walked into the living room, and her eyes widened when she saw the girl. “Eunsoo...” she mumbled.

Tears filled up Eunsoo’s eyes as soon as she saw Jiwon. “Doctor...” she mumbled through tears. “I’m so sorry...”

Jiwon smiled and made her way to the girl. “We know why you did that, and we know that everything’s now settled down between Junmyeon and you. So we’re not narrow minded to not understand you dear.” She said, encircling her arm around the girl’s shoulders. “Come on, I think Junmyeon’s dad and I have lots to talk with you.” she guided Eunsoo to the couch.

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon walked into the living room, and his eyes widened seeing the person who was having tea with his parents. “When did you come?” he asked.

Eunsoo whirled around to see her boyfriend standing at the doorway, staring at her. “Uh...I, I came because I was worried...Chanyeol told me everything Junmyeon, and your phone was switched off the whole morning...” she mumbled.

He walked forward with a smile. “So omma and abhuji, did you have the talk you wanted to have with her?” he asked, approaching his parents who were sitting on the couch with Eunsoo. His dad nodded with a smile, which was identical to his son’s. “I think many things are settled now, and misunderstandings are cleared.” His face slightly darkened. “Only that being backstabbed by that Yuzeng is what bothers me.” He said through gritted teeth. “Who thought the one who looked like family would do this to me?” he said bitterly.

Junmyeon sighed. “We’ll settle down things somehow abhuji.” He looked at his stepmom, with a sudden mischievous glint in his eyes. “Omma,” he grinned at her.

Jiwon bit back her smile. “Fine fine. Take her with you. We won’t mind.” She said, understanding what he was going to ask her.

“Gumawo omma.” He bit his lip with a grin, and grabbed Eunsoo by her hand. “Come on,” he dragged her onto her feet. And the next moment, he was dragging a surprised girl upstairs with him. His parents chuckled and turned back to their tea treat.

 

 

 

“Welcome.” Junmyeon turned to face her, after opening the door to his room and walking backwards into the room. Eunsoo giggled, and walked in after him. And she looked around the room, which had everything in gleaming in white. “The room is better than I thought. I once heard Jongin saying that they could even find ten thousand Won if they cleaned your room.” She giggled. Junmyeon sighed. “That’s my apartment. Not here. Here I can’t keep it messy because omma always checks and get maids to clean here.” He gestured her to the couch.

He stood in front of her, after she sat on the white couch. “So Chanyeol told you that I was fired?” he asked. “I didn’t want to worry you even more by telling that... So how’s Yeongsoo now?”

“He was transferred to a regular room this morning.” Eunsoo looked up at him and pouted. “Haven’t I told you before, that you have to tell me all your problems? So why aren’t you telling me anything? Am I being punished now for leaving you?”

Junmyeon crouched in front of her and took her hands in his. “It’s not like that Eunsoo....aaahh...fine. I won’t hide anything again okay?” he said, tucking her hair behind her ear and caressing her cheek. She nodded slowly.

“Ah, I forgot to tell you. Yixing wanted to visit Yeongsoo this evening. He’ll be glad if we were there when he comes. And Yeongsoo will be glad to see you too. So shall we go to the hospital?” she asked. Junmyeon nodded with a smile. “I’ll take a shower and come. Wait till then okay?”

Eunsoo nodded back. And he stood up and went into the bathroom. And she started looking around the room.

The whole room was gleaming in white. Three of the four walls were painted in pure white, while the fourth wall which had the high windows was painted in pitch black. The curtains, bed linen, the cushioned couch, and even the rug on the floor beneath the bed were all white, leavin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter