I'll Scream My Heart Out

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a double update so if you came straight to this chap, check out the previous one before this! ^_^

 

“Having fun avoiding me?”

She dropped the white coat on the floor, and turned to the entrance of the room. “Does it feel great, Eunsoo?” he appeared at the entrance.

Eunsoo gulped and took a step back, getting nervous to the extent that she even started trembling. “I’m not here to frighten you. So no need to be that much shaken.” Junmyeon said. “I’d been waiting outside the lab for hours after work, because I needed to ask you this one question.” He walked into the room, and stood in front of the trembling girl. “You weren’t in USA. Am I right?” he asked straight away.

Eunsoo felt like her insides dropped. She looked at the floor between them, not daring to look him in the eyes. “I’m not asking you where you were, but just...” he let out a tired sigh. “Tell me why you did that. Why you lied to me and went away like that?”

She kept staring at the floor. had gone dry, her heart was beating so fast to the level that she felt almost suffocating. Junmyeon looked up at the ceiling, taking in a deep breath, and looked back at her. “You know I’m not very good at holding my temper, don’t you?” he asked. “And I’ve been the worst lately, so please. Stop trying my patience and just give me an answer.” He demanded.

“I...” a hoarse, and low voice came from her, as she spoke up after a few seconds. “I ...needed a break from you.”

She finally managed to muster up her courage and look up at him.

He stared at her. “A break?” he repeated her answer. “And, why was that, you needed a break from me?”

Eunsoo tried her best, trying to give him an answer which can make him leave the place. “Because I thought, that we needed some time apart, obviously.” She muttered. “I’ve had enough.”

He scoffed. It was a scoff, but it sounded like her words had made his whole world crash down. “You’ve had enough? You mean you were fed up? So that’s what I were to you.” he scoffed again. “Good night then. Have a safe journey back home.” He stormed out of the room, leaving her to stand in there alone.

Eunsoo bent down, and picked up the fallen lab coat. She automatically came to sit down on the floor with it, and fumbled with the rough white fabric in her hands. She wanted to run away from everything, and leave all the problems that hurt her so badly. But at the same time, she wanted to run back to him, tell him everything, and show him how she’d been dying inside the whole time. folding the coat in her hands, she slowly stood up to go home.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The annual staff day was finally there, and the laboratory department was excitedly gathering in a top notch hotel in Seoul that evening. The reception hall was being filled with the staff members and their families, the executives of ZK Pharma, all their share holders and all their investors. Junmyeon walked around the hall, closely followed by Chanyeol, greeting all their distinguished guests and checking whether everything was in correct order. So was Yixing, busily walking here and there, making sure everything was done and ready for the event. The rest of the guys, the friends of Junmyeon and Yixing, were casually hanging around, engaged in casual conversation while waiting for the event to begin.

 

Finally it was six pm, and the event started as everyone took their seats in the round tables in the hall. The first event of the eve was the welcoming of guests, which was done by Yixing, as the head of the department. Then came the time for the presentation, and Eunsoo got on stage.

That was when Junmyeon saw her for the first time that evening. She was dressed in an elegant pencil skirt and a long sleeves blouse with boat neck, both done in the same material, a dark grey fabric with a tiny chequered pattern. Her hair was tied up in a tight ponytail, and her makeup was simple yet elegant. She wore black stilettos to match her cloths, and a simple pair of black earrings and a black stoned ring was the only jewellery she was wearing. She was beautiful, elegant and somewhat hot, at the same time. At once, he was reminded of that day. The first day he saw her beautifully, the night she ran back to the college in her bride’s maid dress. He sighed in silence, and watched her doing the presentation.

Proving that Yixing’s selection was absolutely correct, Eunsoo ended the presentation with the loudest applaud from the audience. She presented everything very clear, in such a pleasant way, that she was able to captivate each and every person in the hall that evening. Their research was accepted gladly and appreciated by all the higher ups, and they were highly impressed about the department.

 

“Well done Eunsoo. Proud of you.” Yixing said, as she climbed down from the stage. Eunsoo bowed to him with a smile, and walked to Jiyayi. “Well done! You were superb!” she said with a huge grin, and giving her thumbs up with both hands. Eunsoo beamed back, and held her hand. “Thank you so much Jiyayi. Looking this much presentable, made me confident to do it well. It’s all thanks to you.” she said. Jiyayi shook her head. “It’s the procedure of the department, to arrange the attire of the presenter. Not my work.” She said with a grin. Luckily, Eunsoo had accepted the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter