Left Alone

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon stared at him.

“What did you just say?”

Chanyeol gulped nervously, and looked back at him. “Tha-that’s what Sohyun said.” he held up his phone.

A silence fell in the room. Everyone eyed Junmyeon, shocked by the sudden unbelievable news.

Junmyeon pushed away the blankets that wee covering his lower body, and jumped out of bed. His head was pounding with pain where it was bandaged, and as he took one step forward, an automatic limp came in, making his right knee buckle in pain. It must have hit somewhere hardly during the accident.

“Junmyeon!” his father caught him at once, safe in his arms, and spoke to him I a stern voice. “You’re not going anywhere like this.”

Junmyeon lifted his face and looked at his dad. “I have to. I need to get this ridiculous thing clear.” He said in an urgent manner, and tried to get out of his dad’s tight grip on his arms. He was acting somewhat like a kid who was left in the kindergarten for the first time without his mom. “Just let me go abhuji...or I’ll be late...” his voice started trembling.

A hand was placed on Jaewook’s shoulder. He turned around to meet his wife’s concerned gaze. “Let him go.” She muttered. “This is not a situation we can control. Plus he’s out of danger now.” She said reassuringly.

Jaewook sighed and released his son’s arms. At once Junmyeon went to the door, slightly limping on his way. “We’ll go with him.” Minseok said, and he ran behind him, closely followed by Yixing. Jaewook released a strained sigh and sat on a bed side stool. “What on earth is going on? Were they dating?” he raised his head and looked at Chanyeol. The younger one also heaved a sigh. “Indeed they were. And not just dating, he was madly in love with her.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Minseok’s car stopped at the small gate of Eunsoo’s house, and Junmyeon got out of the car straight away. Opening the unlocked gate, he went in, and banged on the front door without bothering to ring the bell.

Eunsoo’s dad was the person to come and open the door. He was taken aback at once, seeing the boy in front of him, clad in a hospital patient’s attire, along with a bandaged forehead. Another two guys came running behind him, and slightly bowed to the older person.

“Where’s Eunsoo?” Junmyeon asked at once. “Tell me where she is I need to talk to her.” He said in one go.

Mr. Choi sighed. He knew he had to answer this question anytime soon. At the same time, Eunsoo’s mom came, and the guys could see anxiousness clearly on her face.

“She went abroad Junmyeon.” Mr. Choi finally said. “It was a scholarship she received a few weeks ago, and today was the day to leave. Her flight took off to the US about two hours ago.

“Junmyeon felt his knees go weak. He placed his hand on the threshold of the door for support, and took a step into the house, making the couple step back a little.

“Tell me the truth, what is this ridiculous lie is about...what the hell is really happening...and WHERE IS CHOI EUNSOO?” He bellowed, making all the four people’s breath hitch. His face was getting redder by the seconds, and anyone could see that he was losing his temper and was getting completely out raged. Knowing his temper, Yixing stepped forward, and caught his arm. “Junmyeon, calm down, let’s solve things out slowly.” He muttered to his friend.

“TAKE WHAT SLOWLY? THESE ABSURD WORDS SAYING THAT EUNSOO LEFT ME? YOU WANT ME TO BELIEVE THAT? AND YOU WANT ME TO ACCEPT THAT?” Junmyeon roared at Yixing this time. the two older people watched him with sympathy, not knowing how to convince him as their daughter said. Mrs. Choi opened , but could say anything because her younger daughter came storming out of her room. She stood in front of Junmyeon, and glared at him. “Oppa, listen to me carefully now.”

Her voice was serious, and Junmyeon glared down back at her.

“Unnie wanted to break p with you.” she said, biting the inside of her cheek. “She told me so. That she was fed up with you.”

Junmyeon’s scowl started fading away, and was getting replaced by a disbelieving look. Jisoo went on. “She told me to tell you this, if you came up like this. That she wanted to stay away from you now, and that things were over between you two now.”

Junmyeon scoffed this time. “You want me to believe that?” he asked. “What kind of joke is that?”

Jisoo took something out of her jeans pocket and held it in front of his eyes. “See? She left the phone you gave her. She said she didn’t want anything of your to be taken with her. Come, I’ll show you.” she caught his hand and dragged him towards Eunsoo’s room. Junmyeon unconsciously let himself be dragged by the girl.

“See?”

Jisoo opened the drawyer of Eunsoo’s dresser. Inside was a transparent plastic box, which contained about five or six wrist watches of various colours, which were bought by him for her. And on the floor, were carelessly strewn the cosmetics he forced her to buy before the convocation.

“And that.” Jisoo pointed at the waste pa[er basket placed at another corner of the room.

Junmyeon’s whole body went numb seeing it. The white dress he bought for her to wear on Yuzeng’s engagement party, was thrown into it, and on the dress, was another thing thrown in, something that belonged to Junmyeon.

It was a broken Rolex, which belonged to him. He remembered telling her that it cannot be repaired, and she grinned at him meekly and asked if she could keep it with her. His aching forehead started pounding again, as he remembered how she took the watch with her after kissing him on the cheek, bouncing on her feet excited like a kid. He clutched his head and leaned against the dresser, his breathing becoming unstable.

Even Jisoo couldn’t watch him, tears threatened to escape her eyes. She looked away holding them in, and turned back to him.

“So please oppa, try to understand.” She started back in a cold voice. “If unnie said it’s over, there’s no way that you can drag it ahead all alone.”

Junmyeon mumbled to himself. “Does this even make any sense?” he looked around the room again, as if expecting to see Eunsoo somewhere. “With the way she behaved this morning? And we never fought. Not even once. She loved me, and I know it.” His mumbling was low and clear, Jisoo could hardly hear him.

“But maybe she was fed up inside.” She mumbled back. She hated this. first she saw her sister’s tears, and now Junmyeon was even beyond tears. But this was what she promised her sister.

 

Junmyeon straightened up. “I’ll find her. No matter what it takes, I’m going to find her.” he left the room. Limping with slight difficulty.”Let’s go.” He exited the house, not even sparing a glace back at Eunsoo’s parents and Jisoo. He went out of the gate, and stopped at the car. Just then he heard the closing of the front door of the house.

Minseok and Yixing came to him, and Yixing opened the door for Junmyeon to get in the car. But he refused, and looked at his friend. “Let me be alone for a while.” With that he started slowly walking towards a bench that was situated under a tree, at one side of the lane, few meters away.

“Junmyeon-“ Yixing called him, but Minseok stopped the younger. “Let him be. We’ll stay in the car and keep an eye on him.” Yixing nodded, and the two got into the car to watch him through the rear mirrors, while Junmyeon sat on the bench alone.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yixing opened his eyes to see heavy raindrops hitting nonstop on the windscreen. At once he realized that he had fallen asleep in the car.

“HYUNG!” he straightened at once and shook Minseok, was had also dozed away while waiting for Junmyeon. The older one also was awake in a trice, and both of them stared at each other with widened eyes for a second, and darted out of the car at the same time.

The rain was heavier than ever in that season. It was already dark, night had fallen earlier due to the rain. Both of them squinted their eyes and saw the white figure in hospital pajamas, sitting alone on the bench, staring blankly at Eunsoo’s house, still in the same posture he was, before they fell asleep after waiting for a considerable time.

Relieved that he was still there, but shocked by seeing him still sitting there like a statue in the heavy downpour, the two guys at once ran to him.

“Junmyeon!” Minseok called him. The younger guy looked up at Minseok, drenched from rain head to toe, but not even shivering when it was getting freezing cold.

“Gosh we have to get your wound redressed, look at the soaked bandages!” Minseok said, while Yixing pulled Junmyeon back to his feet.

 

“Oh my goodness!”

Jiwon ran forward, when the two friends entered back the hospital room all the others were in, bringing the drenched Junmyeon with them. The brought him to the bed, and made him sit on it. “Call a nurse! His wound cannot get wet this soon!” Jiwon yeled at her husband. Jongin ran out quickly, to bring in the staff, even forgetting that he could have called them, still being in the room.

 

“What happened?” Jaewook asked Yixing, and he started explaining everything in a low voice. Meanwhile Jiwon went to Junmyeon, she bent down to his level, and put her hands around him to pull him into a hug. “What happened my dear?” she asked slowly patting his arm in a comforting manner.

“Omma,” the word left his lips with a tremble. Jiwon widened her eyes, unable to believe the form of address she just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter