Hurt

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow...You two look...simply gorgeous!” Chanyeol said, beaming at the two young ladies standing in front of him. He was at Sohyun’s place, ready to Sohyun and Eunsoo to Yuzeng’s engagement party. Sohyun had asked Eunsoo to come and get dressed at her place, so she could do Eunsoo’s hair and makeup. “Otherwise you’ll just wear that dress and run to the hotel just like you come to college.” She told Eunsoo. And now here they were, all dressed up and adorned, ready to leave with Chanyeol. Sohyun was dressed in a pale pink dress, which ended above her knees, and looked really beautiful. Eunsoo on the other hand, wore the dress Junmyeon had bought her, and it enhanced her cute pretty looks, making her look gorgeous.

“Please get in ladies.” Chanyeol said, opening the door of his car to them. Sohyun sat with Chanyeol in the front, while Eunsoo sat in the back seat. Chanyeol drove off, heading to the hotel where the party was being held.

 

 

The reception hall was filled with guests, and Yuzeng was greeting them and so was Mr. Kim, Junmyeon’s dad. He was taking care of everything, playing the role of Yuzeng’s father. Even though they were business partners, Mr. Kim felt like Yuzeng was his own son. That was the reason he proposed this girl, a well brought-up, well educated, good looking girl with a wealthy and respectable family background, to Yuzeng. He was one of the happiest people in the party today.

Junmyeon was talking with Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Minseok and Kris. The rest of their friends had not arrived yet, and Yixing was busy getting introduced to all kinds of strangers by his brother.

“Good to see you all here, young men.”

All the guys turned to find Junmyeon’s dad walking to them with his wife. They bowed to them and greeted when they came closer.

“Oh...look how handsome all of you are.” Jiwon said with a smile. Just then, a trio entered the hall, and Sehun was the first to notice them.

“Oh! There they are. Oh my, Eunsoo looks gorgeous!” Sehun said, and quickly walked to them, closely followed by Jongin. The two went to Chanyeol, Sohyun and Eunsoo with wide grins on their faces.

“Wow you look beautiful girls!” Jongin said, putting his arm over Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“No offense Sohyun but Eunsoo is the best.” Sehun said. Sohyun chuckled and replied, “Of course Sehun, I was saying the same thing all the time.”

 

Jiwon looked over to see whom the guys were suddenly interested in. Her eyes widened in surprise. “Oh! Isn’t that Eunsoo?” she asked. “Yes she is, Mrs. Kim.” Kris answered. “Do you know her?”

“Do you know her Jiwon?” Mr. Kim asked his wife the same question as Kris. Jiwon nodded. “Her brother is a regular patient of mine, so I meet her very often. Such a sweet girl.” She said and turned to Junmyeon. “Is she a friend of yours Junmyeon?” she asked him.

Junmyeon didn’t hear her. His gaze was on the girl standing with Chanyeol and Sohyun, while laughing with Jongin and Sehun. Minseok saw how Junmyeon was staring at her, and quickly nudged him with his elbow. Junmyeon snapped out of his gaze and turned to his dad. “What did you ask abhuji?”

Mr. Kim smirked and answered. “I was not the one talking to you, it was your mom.”

“Is Eunsoo a friend of yours Junmyeon?” Jiwon asked, half hiding her smile.

“You know her?” Junmyeon blurted out, totally surprised.

“Well, she’s Choi Yeongsoo’s sister isn’t she? Yeongsoo is a regular patient of mine.” She said. Junmyeon nodded acknowledgingly. “She....she is a batch mate of ours.” He muttered. Just then, they saw Yixing come running to Eunsoo. His face darkened in an instant.

 

“My word, you look gorgeous Eunsoo! Absolutely stunning!” Yixing said, beaming at the girl. Eunsoo smiled at him. “Thank you Yixing.” She said. “I’m sorry but we have to leave now. Junmyeon and I will be hosting for the evening. So gege called us to start the event.” Yixing said apologetically. “Oh! Doesn’t matter! Go on and do a good job both of you. Best of luck!” Eunsoo said. And Yixing went, waving at everyone. Eunsoo looked around too find Junmyeon, and saw Yixing going to a small group of people gathered together, all eyes in their direction. She saw Junmyeon among them, with an unreadable and unyielding gaze on her. Her face started reddening as their eyes met, but Junmyeon had to tear his eyes away from her as Yixing came to him and dragged him away to Yuzeng. Eunsoo felt disappointed as she could not talk with Junmyeon as she wanted, but suddenly her thoughts were disturbed by seeing the elderly couple whom were standing with Minseok and Kris. She recognized the lady, and quickly walked to her.

“Annyeonghaseyo Dr. Kim.” She smiled and bowed to Jiwon. Jiwon returned her greeting with a warm smile. “I didn’t know that you were a friend of junmyeon’s, and d you know who we are?” she asked from the girl.

“Yes doctor, I know you are his mom. I saw you at the hospital that day. You were busy and too worried about Junmyeon that you didn’t see me that day.” She said. “Jiwon nodded smiling even more brightly, delighted by hearing the girl address her as Junmyeon’s mother.

“This is Junmyeon’s father.” Jiwon introduced Mr. Kim to Eunsoo. “Annyeonghaseyo!” Eunsoo bowed and smiled at him. Junmyeon’s dad returned her greeting with a warm smile. “We should go and take seats now. The function is about to begin.” He told his wife and the youngsters around him, and accompanied all of them to have a seat. Soon, two handsome guys stepped onto the stage and started announcing about the event. Yixing, who was dressed in fully black suit, looking really handsome, started talking first, and Junmyeon waited listening to him, nodding in agreement to his words. He looked sauve, and breath takingly handsome in his pure white suit. Eunsoo’s gaze was fixed on him as she rested her chin on her hand, with her elbow placed on the table. Junmyeon looked around at the crowd, and caught her eye. A smile crept onto his lips and Eunsoo also smiled back. Then she lifted her fist slightly and mouthed “Fighting!” Junmyeon pursed his lips with a smile and turned his gaze away. Meanwhile, both Jiwon and Junmyeon’s dad had their eyes on their son and Eunsoo.

“She must be the girl Minseok told us about Jaewook.” Jiwon whispered to her husband’s ear. He looked at her with a smirk. “I also thought so, but how can we be sure?” He asked back. Jiwon’s face brightened up with a smile. “Didn’t you see his eyes when she first arrived here? They were full of affection! Just like the way that you used to look at me when I was working in charity clinics for your company.” Jiwon said, making her husband clear his throat and look away. Jiwon chuckled and leaned closer to him. “He’s your son Jaewook. He’s absolutely you.” She said.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The engagement was done nicely. Rings were exchanged and every other formal activity as over, and the newly engaged couple was now greeting the guests one by one. Yuzeng was talking with an old friend of his with Taehee when Junmyeon walked pass them.

“Junmyeon!” Yuzeng stopped him. Junmyeon turned and quickly came to him. “Yes hyung, what is it?”

“Can you call Eunsoo here for a moment?” Yuzeng asked. Doubtfully, Junmyeon nodded, and went to find Eunsoo.

She was at the other end of the hall, chattering away with Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sohyun. Junmyeon walked from behind, and turned her to him with soft touch on her elbow. Eunsoo turned to him, and a beautiful smile adorned her face. “I didn’t want to disturb you since you were too busy, so I just hung out with them.” She told him. Junmyeon gave her a smirk. “You just standing here is a disturbance to me. You look st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter