A 'Mainstream' Proposal

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The court was in silence. Yuzeng’s lawyer had brought out each and every evidence that they had forged against Junmyeon, pointing out that he is at fault for maintaining a slush fund from the company’s money, and that he had been engaged in many other illegal acts and had misappropriated a huge amount of ZK Pharma’s assets. Kris, who represented Junmyeon in the trial, tried his best to prove them wrong, but Zhang Yuzeng’s ability to make things go his way was out of their league. And for the accusations they had brought against Yuzeng, Eunsoo was the only witness, so they were about to be neglected as well.

“And with that your honour, I’d like to point out that all these false accusations, are forged against Zhang Yuzeng by Kim Junmyeon, in order to cover his wrong doings and seek freedom.” Yuzeng’s attorney finished his words and went back to his seat.

Junmyeon looked at Kris. He could see the young lawyer furrowing his already furrowed eyebrows, and clenching his jaws slightly. Kris turned back to look at the entrance for the umpteenth time, and sighed to turned forward again.

Junmyeon then looked at Eunsoo, who was sitting beside him. He could see that she too was anxious, and was biting her lip while fiddling with her fingers. She had stepped forward as the only witness, but her testimony seemed to be of no use, and not helping to prove Yuzeng’s crimes.

Junmyeon placed his hand on Eunsoo’s hands which were on her lap, and squeezed them lightly. She looked at him, and he gave her a reassuring smile. He himself was anxious and already feeling defeated, but he wanted to trust in Yixing. He said everything’s going to be fine, so Junmyeon wanted to believe him.

A single figure appeared at the entrance of the court room, and started walking in. Both Junmyeon and Eunsoo looked that way, and relieved sigh escaped Eunsoo’s lips. “Kris,” Junmyeon made Kris look that way too, and a victorious smile adorned the young attorney’s face as he leapt onto his feet.

“Your honour. Let me present you our prime witness against Zhang Yuzeng, Kang Jaeuk.”

Yuzeng was extremely shaken by seeing the most unexpected person at that time, his jaws clenched, and his eyes reddened and sparkled with anger. His assistant shot the slightest glance at his way, and stepped forward to give his testimony.

 

 

 

 

“And Mr.Zhang forced the girl, I mean Miss Eunsoo out of Seoul, giving her the final threat by injuring Mr. Kim with that accident.” The assistant went on pouring out everything he knew, along with the reasons Junmyeon did them. “The accident was done intended, but not to kill, just to give him a minor injury. And Miss Eunsoo left Seoul obeying him, because he threatened to harm Junmyeon even more if she stayed around him. But things didn’t turn out as he expected.” Jaeuk haltered for a while, and shot a glance at his boss. Yuzeng was not looking at him, but staring at the floor in front of his feet, trembling with rage.

“What do you mean by saying things didn’t turn out as he expected?” Kris inquired, and the assistant spoke again. “Everything he did to Mr. Kim, were intended to make him mentally weak, and to make him not suitable to be the heir of ZK Pharma. He was the one who made Mr. Kim go against the remarriage of Chairman Kim, and to move out of the house. He wanted Mr. Kim to be in bad terms with his dad, and then he wanted to break him away from the girl he liked, so that he would just fall apart and will not become a challenging heir to the group.”

A wave of anger rushed over Junmyeon while hearing those words, and he almost got up from his seat to get at Yuzeng. But Eunsoo was quicker than him; she grabbed his hands and made him look at her, and shook her head slightly. ‘Stay calm. Be patient. Everything’s gonna be fine.’ Her gaze told him and she started caressing his hands with her thumb in circles. Junmyeon clenched his jaws and stayed rigid for a while, and then calmed down slowly.

“But things didn’t go his way, and Mr. Kim recovered from the traumatic experience sooner than my boss expected, and joined the company soon after.” Jaeuk explained. He started working harder than anyone, which made him out to be the most promising heir for the company. That’s when Mr. Zhang decided to make a slush fund in his name, and also to carry out the illicit businesses he already had, but to carry out them in Mr. Kim’s name. He has his own experts to make the fake account details, and to forge everything the way he wanted. All I did was transferring money to whatever account he wanted me to. And the day he thought Mr. Kim might end up knowing what he did earlier, because Miss Eunsoo returned as an employee of the company, he decided to bring out the slush fund details to crush Mr. Kim and get him out of the company.” He finished with a sigh.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Junmyeon walked out of the court room and sighed in silence, stuffing his hands inside his pockets. Kris appeared at his one side and Eunsoo on the other. “Now you’re free from all the problems right? So now live a normal life, unlike the one you spend for the past few years.” Kris said with a smirk. Considering the testifying done by Kang Jaeuk, Yuzeng was proved wrong, and was sentenced for three years in jail, and to be dismissed from his position in the company was a natural thing to be done at this kind of situation. Junmyeon was proved innocent to all the accusations against him, and the trail came to an end with it.

Junmyeon turned to face his lawyer friend with a smile, and held out his hand. “Thanking won’t be enough for you Kris.” He said. “Wait till I get back to work in the company. And as soon as I get back in, my first task will be appointing you as a legal adviser of ZK Pharma, and my personal legal adviser as well.” He said, his face shining with happiness.

“Your offer is accepted with great honour.” Kris took his hand and shook it. Then the two friends grabbed each other into an embrace, and Kris patted Junmyeon’s shoulder. “I’m gonna leave now. Heard there’s gonna be some special discussion tonight, Chanyeol told me. So I’ll make some time to drop at your place tonight.” He turned to Eunsoo. “I’m leaving then Eunsoo.” He said with a smile at the girl. Eunsoo smiled back with a bow. “Thank you so much Kris, although words are not enough.” She said. Kris waved at both of them and started walking towards the car park in long strides.

“Where shall we go now? I’ll free till evening.” Junmyeon turned to Eunsoo. “Are you in for lunch with me? We need to free our minds form this.” he said.

Eunsoo shook her head. “Remember what Jaeuk said? It was Yuzeng who made you to stay in bad terms with your family. So I think you should head straight back home and apologize to your dad. And I think you’d better meet Yixing too. If you are this much hurt and upset because Yuzeng appeared to love you like your own brother and did this to you, imagine how Yixing must be feeling. And now with the sentence he got, it’ll get worse for sure. I think you must be with him now Junmyeon.” She said.

Junmyeon sighed and slowly nodded. “I guess you’re right. So will you be going home now?” he asked her. She shook her head with a chuckle. “We don’t have companies on our own like you Mr. Kim, so we have to work in order to live. I’m going to the lab now.” She said.

And Junmyeon took her hand and started dragging her towards the car park. “Come on then, I’ll drop you off at the HQ.”

 

Eunsoo stopped him before he could open the door of the car for her. “I have something to tell you.” she said, holding his hand. Junmyeon turned back widened his eyes at her, and she gave him a smile, bringing up her hand to pinch his cheek. “You should stop looking so adorable like that. You’re not a baby anymore. You’ll be getting married soon.” She said, watching his eyes shift from her hand which pinched his cheek, back to her face. He gave her a questioning look, unable to comprehend what she said at once.

“Let’s get married Junmyeon. I didn’t ever ignore your words. I just wanted you to have a free mind from all these problems. And now since everything’s back in order, let’s move on with our life.” She said.

Junmyeon stared at her for a while, and finally spoke after a few seconds of silence. “Did you just....say yes?”

Eunsoo nodded and smiled. “And for your information, I never said no. I just waited till your mind was at ease.” She explained.

He smiled. His smile was none like before, and brighter than ever, overflowing with happiness and relief. She couldn’t help but bring up her hand again to cup his cheek, and caress it with her thumb. He placed his hand on hers, and turned his head slightly to place a kiss on her palm. And he pulled her into his embrace.

“Have I ever told you how much I love you?” he asked, running his fingers through her hair, and holding her closer to his chest. She encircled her arms around his waist and nuzzled her nose into his blazer, taking in his scent. “I know you love me even more than I love you.” she mumbled against his chest. He smiled in silence and placed a soft kiss on her head.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“So what I’m saying is... we just have to do something to distract him. To make him forget his worries about his brother and free his mind. At least for a while.” Minseok explained, to the ten guys who were strewn all over Junmyeon’s room. “You mean something like a trip, hyung?” Sehun asked over Junmyeon’s laptop. Minseok nodded in reply.

“What about this weekend? I guess we all are free. Let’s go somewhere and spend the weekend. Will that do?” Baekhyun asked, while drawing patterns on the wall while lying on Junmyeon’s bed.

“Junmyeon hyung is Yixing hyung free this weekend? I heard he’s gonna be busy the next week.” Kyungsoo asked, shoving a cookie into his mouth.

“There’s no use in ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter