Yixing's Struggles

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was her second day at work. Eunsoo went to her department feeling extremely nervous, and she literally ran there, afraid that she might meet Junmyeon on her way. And she didn’t meet him, or Chanyeol, or Yuzeng. The three she feared meeting. But Yixing, she knew she had to meet definitely, because he was the head of her department. And she knew Yixing was sensible, and thought she could work without trouble under him.

She walked into Yixing’s office, where she was supposed to meet her boss. She should have done it yesterday, but he was out, so today she was back there.

“Good morning Miss Eunsoo.”

Eunsoo smiled at the Chinese girl who was at her desk in front of Yixing’s office. She was friendly with her yesterday too, so Eunsoo didn’t hesitate to get friendlier with her. “Good morning...you’re Miss...” she waited for the girl to introduce herself.

“Jiyayi. I’m Liu Jiyayi.” She said with a bright smile. “I’m Mr. Yixing’s personal assistant. Since we’ll be working together from now on, and as we look of around the same age, why don’t we drop formalities and address each other casually?” She asked cheerfully.

For the first time in this office, Eunsoo felt at ease with someone. Jiyayi seemed to be a warm person, and something about her told Eunsoo that she was an understanding and sensible person.

Like Yixing. She thought.

“Yeah sure, I’m glad to have a friend in here.” Eunsoo replied with a smile. “The vibe here is a bit suffocating for me. So having a friend to speak freely to, is a huge thing.”

Jiyayi bit her lower lip hesitantly, and spoke again. “Actually, I know a bit about your situation.” Eunsoo eyed her curiously. “My situation?”

The Chinese girl nodded. “Mr. Yixing has told me about many things, so I knew who you were, as soon as I heard your name.” She finished, sounding slightly nervous, afraid that her words might hurt Eunsoo. Actually Eunsoo felt nervous, and waited for her to finish what she was saying. “I know it’s hard for you, but I want you to be at ease. You must have had reasons to do what you did, so accusing you without knowing the reasons is not a good thing. So don’t worry. I or Mr. Yixing will never treat you any differently. And Mr. Yixing still considers you as his friend, just like before.

Eunsoo eyed her carefully. “Are you that close with Yixing?”

Jiyayi smiled. “Well, yes. Kind of. He needs to tell you all these, but once he sees you, he’ll struggle to chose what to say. He never resents you for choosing Mr. Junmyeon over him, but he definitely is upset with you for leaving his friend. That’s why I told you these things before you meet him. Don’t get upset with what he do or say, he’s definitely there to help you.”

Eunsoo blinked. This was as if she was seeing the feminine version of Yixing in front of her. Their personalities were so similar, that she was reminded of Yixing when they were best friends in college.

“Thank you” she answered with a small smile. “Those words, they actually mean a lot to me.” She mumbled.

Right then, a tall figure dressed in completely black business attire, appeared from the entrance. He stood there, watching them for a while, and made his way to the two girls. He came straight to Eunsoo, and pulled her into a hug.

“Yixing,” Eunsoo stuttered, frozen in his embrace. Yixing broke the hug and took a step back, to get a good look at her. “Have you been well?” he asked. Eunsoo nodded timidly. He heaved a sigh, and looked at Jiyayi. “Come with her to my office Jiyayi, and bring her documents as well.” He said curtly, and walked in to his office. Jiyayi started searching for a file on her desk, and as soon as she found it, she quickly dragged Eunsoo and walked into Yixing’s office.

He was a bit changed. But was even more handsome than he used to be in college.

His hair was black as usual, but instead of keeping it slightly messy, he had it combed well in a conservative hair cut. And he wore glasses, which doubled his decent handsome looks. And he had a silver piercing in one of his ears, his attire screamed classiness. He sat at his table, looking exactly like how a boss should look. He had that ideal business look.

“Here it s sir.” Jiyayi handed over the file to him. Yixing too it, and while turning over the pages in it, he looked up again at Eunsoo, who was standing in front of his table.

“You met Junmyeon?” he asked. Eunsoo stayed silent.

“Did he look good to you?” he asked again. Eunsoo still remained silent.

No he didn’t. He didn’t look fine at all. She wanted to answer, but didn’t have the courage to do so.

“You must know how he got through the last year Eunsoo.” Yixing started again. “You must definitely know what you did to him.” he closed the file and handed it over to Jiyayi. “You can go to your work now. See you later.” He greeted her, without the slightest smile on his face. It was not the Yixing he used to be. It was not the Yixing who always had a smile for Eunsoo on his face. Eunsoo bowed in silence and left the office.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

During lunch time, although Eunsoo expected to have a quiet lunch alone in the company cafeteria, Jiyayi came to tag along with her. She said she knew what was the best in the lunch menu of the cafeteria, and dragged Eunsoo to lunch with her. Eunsoo was extremely grateful for her company, since she was getting nervous each and every time she saw any tall gentleman walked past her in a suit, expecting the person to be Junmyeon, Yixing, Chanyeol or Yuzeng. Being with Jiyayi than being alone, made her feel less nervous.

The two girls had a quick, yet satisfying lunch, and Jiyayi said that she had to hurry before the lunch hour end, because she had to prepare for a meeting with Yixing. So the two got up from their table, and were making their way towards the exit of the cafeteria, when Eunsoo haltered, seeing a familiar face. Jiyayi recognized the person as well, and looked at Eunsoo’s face. Seeing that the two must have something to talk alone, she decided to leave first. “I’ll head to the office then. See you later.” She gave Eunsoo a smile, and went out of the cafe, bowing to the gentleman on her way as well.

“Long time no see Eunsoo.” He said with a friendly smile.

“Minseok oppa,” she muttered.

 

 

 

“I heard you met Junmyeon, and left the office crying.” Minseok began, after the two of them took seats at a table and ordered coffee. “Chanyeol told me.”

Eunsoo gripped her coffee mug tight. “No need to be afraid. I won’t ask you why you left. I just wanted to tell you some stuff.” He said. Eunsoo nodded, feeling slightly relieved.

“So Eunsoo, how have you been?” he asked, after taking a sip at his coffee. Eunsoo gave him a small smile, and answered. “I left for a reason oppa, you may not believe me, but it was for Junmyeon’s own good.” She started, and tears also started to well up in her eyes. She held them back, and continued. “Please don’t tell Junmyeon. If you do, he’ll be in more trouble, and there won’t be any use of me leaving him.”

Minseok leaned forward, getting puzzled by her words. “What do you mean, for his own good?”

Eunsoo nodded. “I’m sorry but I can’t explain you further. But he’s living fine like that because I left him that day.” She said holding back her tears.

Minseok gave her a bitter smile. “Living fine? You think he’s living fine?” he asked. “Do you know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter