Gege

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tall handsome man was standing at the door. He looked like he was in his mid twenties, and seemed like a business executive in his plain black office attire.

“Hyung!” Junmyeon beamed at the taller guy. Eunsoo didn’t realize that fell open seeing Junmyeon smile. She didn’t know that he had such a breath taking smile.

The tall young man patted Junmyeon on the shoulder and entered the apartment. He came into the living room closely followed by Junmyeon. “Is Yixing home Junmyeon?” he asked. Junmyeon nodded and gestured him to take a seat. “Wait here hyung, I’ll call him.” He said, still beaming. The young man’s eyes met Eunsoo and his face lit up with an amused smile. “Who’s this little lady Junmyeon? Is she a friend of yours?”

“Not mine, she’s a friend of Yixing’s.” Junmyeon replied. And he turned to Eunsoo. “This is Yuzeng hyung. Yixing’s older brother.”

It would be a lie if she said she wasn’t hurt by Junmyeon’s words. But she brushed the thought away and stood up to greet the guest. “Anyeonghaseyo Yuzeng-shi, I’m Choi Eunsoo.” She bowed and smiled at him. Yuzeng smiled back and sat on the couch.

 

As Junmyeon went away to call Yixing, Yuzeng started a conversation with Eunsoo. In contrast to his high-end looks and attire, he was such a humble, down to earth person. And he was so friendly when he talked about this and that with her. Eunsoo was amazed to see how much Yixing and Yuzeng resembled each other, height was the only difference between them as the elder brother was a good few inches taller. They were alike even in the way they smiled, talked and laughed. Eunsoo realized what a pleasant and great person Yuzeng was in no time.

 

“Gege!”

Both Yuzeng and Eunsoo turned to see Yixing entering the living room. “Sorry I was in the washroom.”He came and sat beside his brother. “Eunsoo this is my gege. My one and only family, and my everything.” He said. Eunsoo nodded smiling.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yuzeng said that he just came to take the two guys out for dinner, and as there was much time left for dinner, he decided to let Yixing study with Eunsoo and wait. So the two did their studies as usual while Yuzeng stayed with Junmyeon, chatting about various things.

“I’m glad to see him being happy with friends and settling down here Junmyeon.” Yuzeng said, watching how Yixing was eagerly listening to Eunsoo’s explanation on a question. “All I wish is his happiness. Nothing else.” He sighed.

“You have nothing to worry about him hyung. He’s getting on well, and he’s happy.” Junmyeon said eyeing his friend as well.

“Then what about you?” Yuzeng turned back to Junmyeon. “Are you doing well?”

Junmyeon gave a smirk at this. “No need to ask hyung. Just living as usual.” He muttered. The older one nodded knowingly and didn’t pester the younger one by asking anymore questions.

 

 

After the study session was over, the four of them got into Yixing’s gege’s car and headed out for dinner. Eunsoo had insisted on going home but Yixing did not let her leave without having dinner with them and dragged her into the car. And now Yixing was sitting in the front with Yuzeng while Junmyeon had to sit at the back with the girl. Junmyeon decided to stare out of the window all the way to the hotel that they were heading.

 

After having a grand dinner with the three guys at a grand hotel, Eunsoo came out with them to go home. “I’ll get going then.” She turned to Yuzeng. “Thank you for the dinner Yuzeng-shi.” She then turned to the two younger guys. “Bye then, Yixing, Junmyeon,” she waved at them.

“Why can’t we give you a ride?” Yixing asked looking disappointed. “Eunsoo smiled in reply. “I can go home alone Yixing, it’s not that far.” She chuckled.

“Okay then see you later Eunsoo.” Yuzeng said with a smile. Eunsoo bowed at them and started walking along the pavement. She was about ten meters away when Yixing suddenly remembered something. “Oh ge, give me a second.” He said and ran to catch Eunsoo. He caught her by the arm and stopped her. She turned in surprise. His ge and friend were watching from afar.

“What is it Yixing?” Eunsoo asked with raised eyebrows.

“I forgot to give you this.” He took out something from his pocket and placed it on the girl’s palm. Eunsoo stared at it. It was a smart phone with a blue back cover. She looked up at Yixing again with a questioning look.

“It’s not new, nor the latest model. But it’s still in good condition.” He scratched the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. “Keep it with you. It is the phone I used before my current one.”

 

Eunsoo stared at the phone first, and then stared back at the boy. “Yixing I can’t take this. I mean, I don’t need one.” She said. Yixing knew that the girl’s pride was not allowing her to take it. He bit his lip trying to find an excuse.

“But I want you to keep it. Because when I come up with a question when studying alone, I need to ask you.” He blurted out.

Eunsoo bit her lip. She did not want to accept the phone, but Yixing was giving a reason that she could not resist. “But Yixing,” She started.

“Please...keep it.” Yixing was now putting on puppy eyes pleadingly. Eunsoo sighed. “Fine.” She muttered. “Thank you.” She gave him a smile, her heels and started walking away. Yixing grinned to himself and came back to his brother and Junmyeon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter