Reactions

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun closed the door behind her, after she and Eunsoo entered their room. As soon as the door was closed, she squealed and sprang onto Eunsoo.

“Why didn’t you tell me??? Oh when did all these start? How did it happen? How long did you guys do this behind my back? So how is Junmyeon? Are you two dating now?” She went on without even stopping to breathe. Eunsoo held her breath and kept staring at her. She could not chose which question exactly to answer.

“Uh...not dating exactly...” she said sheepishly.

“That doesn’t matter. He likes you and you like him. So that’s all that matters.” Sohyun grinned. But suddenly her smile vanished, and a serious expression covered her face. “Does...Yixing know this?” She asked.

Eunsoo shook her head. Sohyun sighed. “I bet he’ll be hurt.” She said. “But that’s not your fault, you chose whom you like. And really Choi Eunsoo, your choice is great...! I’m proud of you!” she squealed once again, making Eunsoo blush even more if that was possible.

“Now stop this, Queen of reaction, and tell me what happened to you in the woods.” Eunsoo said in a stern voice, dragging her friend to sit on her bed with her. Now it was Sohyun’s turn to blush. “Nothing happened to you right? Are you completely alright?” Eunsoo asked. Her friend nodded meekly. “Well...he asked me out.” She said.

“Really? Did he? Oh finally.” Eunsoo sighed in relief. “Now it’s too late to discuss these things. Let’s go to sleep now and we can talk more in the morning.” She said.

“Yeah...let’s dream about them all night, shall we?” Sohyun winked. But with the fatigue taking over both of them, the two girls fell asleep, having no chance for even a single dream.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Meanwhile, Junmyeon entered his room, and found Baekhyun on one of the three beds, playing with his phone. He had begged Junmyeon to come to his room, afraid that Chanyeol would bury him alive once he comes out from the jungle.

“Oh hyung! Is Eunsoo alright now?” Baekhyun asked.

“Hmm.” Junmyeon sat on his bed and took out his phone. “Chanyeol is late.” He said, and dialled Chanyeol’s number. In no time, the ringing tone of Chanyeol’s phone, freal luv, was coming from a bed side table in their room. Junmyeon sighed and cancelled the call, remembering that Baekhyun had even stolen Chanyeol's phone.

“Don’t you think your prank went a bit too far?” he asked Baekhyun. “They’re still not here and we don’t know what’s happening out there.”

Before Baekhyun could answer the older one’s question, the door opened and Chanyeol walked in. He closed the door behind him, and turned to the two guys.

Baekhyun, afraid that Chanyeol will tear him apart, slowly took a pillow to guard himself, thinking it would work as a shield. Chanyeol ignored him, and turned to Junmyeon. “What on earth are you doing hyung?” He asked.

Junmyeon looked back at him with a questioning look. “I’m not the one who stole your phone. You should know that better than me.” He said.

Chanyeol sighed. “I’m talking about Eunsoo. What’s going on between you two? I mean, I saw what’s going on, I just want to know why you’re like this.”

Junmyeon sighed. “Did you see us?" He asked. "To be honest, even I don’t know why I am like this.” He mumbled.

Meanwhile Baekhyun was staring at both of them. “Will one of you tell me what’s going on? Or should I myself make it up?” He asked. But Chanyeol ignored his friend and kept on questioning Junmyeon. “What are you gonna tell Yixing hyung?” he asked.

“You don’t have to ask that Chanyeol, I’m already asking that from myself.” Junmyeon said. “Ah! I think I got it!” said Baekhyun with a clap.

The door of the room opened at that moment. Minseok was standing there, already in his pajamas.

“Looks like you guys got to know about it...” He said with a smile. Chanyeol widened his eyes at him. “Minseok hyung also knew it?” He asked.

“Junmyeon, why don’t you take a shower? We all have to sleep now, since we have to get up early tomorrow. It’s too late already.” Minseok said. Junmyeon silently got up from his bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Minseok turned back to the two younger guys.

“Waah! A love triangle...Daebak!” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol glared at him. “Daebak? Two best friends are going to fight over a girl and you think it is great?” He snarled at his best friend. Minseok finally spoke up.

“Guys, I want you to be a bit understanding now.” Minseok said. “First, for your information Chanyeol, Junmyeon tried his best to stay away from Eunsoo. But we all know how he is, when it comes to matters like love, right?” He looked up at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and both nodded slowly.

“He’s so child-like in this kind of matters. Remember? How jealous he was, when his dad remarried? He couldn’t bear to see his dad’s love being divided between him and his stepmom. And he ended up leaving the house. Do you understand what I mean?”

“But Yixing hyung doesn’t even have his parents alive. Then he’s worse than Junmyeon hyung.” Baekhyun said.

“But he’s different. Yixing is strong and mature at heart. Junmyeon is not like that. He’s someone who yearns for love and affection.” Minseok explained. “Yeah that’s quite true.” Chanyeol said.

“What if Eunsoo can become the one who gives him the love that he longs for? What if she can change him into the same old Junmyeon, who was always smiley and cheerful?” Minseok asked. Both the younger guys nodded once again. “Yeah, we’ll be grateful for that.” Baekhyun said.

“Then don’t let him feel bad or guilty. And let’s make sure nothing bad happens between him and Yixing.” Minseok said. Baekhyun lazily stretched on his bed, resting his head on his folded arms. “After all, it’s not a crime to fall in love, and also, it’s not like Eunsoo and Yixing were dating. So actually there’s no problem.” He said casually.

“Still I have a problem with you.” Said Chanyeol, getting up from his bed and walking towards his friend. “Just because I saw Junmyeon hyung kissing Eunsoo, that doesn’t mean I forgot what you did this afternoon you punk.” He said through gritted teeth. Baekhyun sprang up to his feet, and ran to hide behind Minseok before Chanyeol could catch him. “Hyung! Save me please...” He screamed, trying to get away from his friend. “Wait, what?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter