A Call.

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party went beautifully, and Chanyeol succeeded in making Sohyun happy, in fact she was almost in tears. He got everything done to his heart’s content, with his friends’ help. The party was small, with only the twelve guys, Sohyun, Eunsoo, and Jiyayi.

Junmyeon sat beside Kris, making sure that he didn’t spare the slightest glance at her. Eunsoo sat with Yixing and Jiyayi, feeling a bit out of place, still hanging in there because of Sohyun. Jiyayi, being the kind hearted person she always is, made sure that Eunsoo didn’t feel left out. Eunsoo was grateful to her, as always.

The small party ended few hours after lunch, and all of them were about to leave the place hen Yixing spoke up.

“Guys, I have something to tell you.”

All of them turned to him, feeling curious. “What is it ge?” Tao urged.

 

“Jiyayi and I,” Yixing began, making the girl stare at him, horrified. “We’re in a relationship.”

“Oooooo...!!!” the youngster line went, making the others laugh as well. “That’s great Yixing-ah, we’re all happy for you. Congratulations both of you!” Minseok said, beaming at both of them.

“To be honest,” Yixing spoke up again, making the chattering youngsters silence. “I’m the only one who says so, I mean, that we are in a relationship.” He looked at the girl sitting beside him, face gona all white. “She won’t admit it, and is avoiding me. I know that the feeling is mutual, but this girl here, is torturing me like that. That’s why I thought about telling you guys.” his tone had changed serious, and he looked around at them. “She’s afraid of some matters guys, no need to explain, you all know what that is.”

“Come on Jiyayi!!! What’s this? If he likes you, and you like him, what else is there to think about?” Baekhyun blurted out at once. The girl gripped her dress, and stayed silent, staring down.

And Baekhyun carried on. “We know what Yixing hyung is saying. Jiyayi, feelings are just feelings. And if he suits you, and you suit him, why not giving it a try? And if I were a girl, I won’t hold back for a great guy like hyung!” he ended with a smirk.

And Jongdae joined in. “Just give hyung a chance Jiyayi. What if things turn out to be that you two are made just for each other? Who knows? Besides, hyung is not a kid anymore, and he takes his own life decisions. There’s no need to worry about anything else.”

 

The girl was still pale, but she had relaxed a little after hearing the encouraging explanations form the guys.

“Alright now. We’ve said what should be said, and the rest is up to these two. Let’s leave it here and go somewhere else guys!” Luhan called the end of discussion, mainly to ease the girl who was feeling nervous and uneasy. And Junmyeon was the first two stand up from his seat, and he walked up to Yixing. “Good luck bro, be happy with her.” he flashed a smile at Jiyayi, and strode out of the place, his head hanging down, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

“Hyung must be upset.” Sehun began. “Chanyeol hyung settled down, and Yixing hyung also is starting a relationship, and he’s the only one who’s in such a pathetic situ-“ a hard slap across the back of his head made him stop.

“OUCH HYUNG!” he darted at Kyungsoo, who was shooting him daggers with his death glare. Sehun looked at him, and followed what he showed with his doe eyes. It was Eunsoo, who was sitting still, in silence, not looking at anyone, and not moving at all.

“Let’s go now.” Jongin stepped in, to cool down the situation, and dragged both Kyungsoo and Sehun away from the place. Soon after, the other guys followed them, and so did the couple. Chanyeol was kind enough to stop by Eunsoo to ask her what she was doing next, and she replied that she‘s going to have a walk. He nodded in silence, and went away with Sohyun.

 

Eunsoo stayed still for another while, trying to get her thoughts together after what she just heard. She was confused, yet somewhat relieved.

Yixing has a girl he likes... It means he’s completely over me now. So does that mean that I’m free? Will Yuzeng stop threatening me now?

But still... Junmyeon will not forgive me. Even though Yuzeng stop taunting me, it’s not like I can tell Junmyeon about what he did. He’ll make sure something bad happens again to Junmyeon if things get revealed. So I have no chance with Junmyeon again even if I’m free from Yuzeng...

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon watched the party area from his room in the fourth floor,. She was helping the hotel staff to clean the decoration, carrying flowers along with them. She stopped once in a while to smell a rose, and he saw her space out in the middle of work once or twice, and he dragged the curtains to close the view in a while. He didn’t want to see her.

Or he couldn’t afford to see her.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Eunsoo is in a serious problem than we see from outside Chanyeol.” Sohyun said, when the two were at the roof top, enjoying the view of the surrounding, all by themselves.

“What o you mean?” Chanyeol mumbled, as he was standing behind her, his arms hugging her closer from behind, and his chin resting on her head. “Did she tell you something?”

Sohyun shook her head. “Not that she said it, directly, but...she had a nightmare last night.”

Chanyeol listened in silence.

“She woke up in the dead of the night with a jolt, all sweating and shaking. She was petrified for a moment until I gave her some water and calmed her down.

Chanyeol hummed, waiting for her to continue.

“She said it was regular. That she had been having nightmares every day, ever since she moved in with her grandma in Jeju.”

She said.

“Her grandma? And what is the nightmare she’s having?” Chanyeol asked.

Sohyun shook her head. “Don’t know, she didn’t reveal anything else. And she was up for a long time after that.” she sighed and turned in Chanyeol’s arms, to look up and face him. “There’s something we don’t know about Chanyeol, something serious. What if she’s having a really big problem and end up in a terrible situation?” she asked worriedly. “I don’t know what it is, but, can you tell Junmyeon to look into it? Please?”

Chanyeol nodded, “Well, seeing those two together is what all of us want, so obviously, yes.” He replied her with a reassuring smile.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“So you’re telling me to look into things more carefully?” Junmyeon asked, as he was watching the sun set from his room in the hotel. Chanyeol nodded eagerly. “As I told you hyung, Sohyun is sure that there’s a big deal behind Eunsoo’s sudden change, than we see. So I think you must give her another chance.” He said thoughtfully.

Junmyeon sighed. “How am I supposed to give her another chance when she keeps on running away at the mere sight of me?” he asked the younger guy. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at him. “Weren’t you the one who’d been ignoring her for the past week?” he asked with a smirk.

“That’s because I’m fed up by running after her and making myself the wrong person all the time. It’s just.... Chanyeol you have no idea what kind of feeling that is.” Junmyeon turned back at the now red and dark blue sky. “It’s exhausting. Seeing her everyday and recalling everything over and over.”

Chanyeol sighed and watched him for a while. “But consider this once more hyung. We don’t know if she’s facing some kind of troub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter