Epilogue (i) My Sleeping Pill

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise! You weren’t expecting an epilogue were you? But because I thought you guys would love it, here’s a small gift from me! XOXO

 

“Washed away my sad face
Flooded all my empty space
You take away life's heartbreak
And I know with you it's gonna be ok...”
 

The voices of Back Street Boys were filling the car, as it took the newly wedded couple from the airport into the country. Junmyeon hummed along with every track that came up on his favourite playlist and even sang aloud his most favourite lines, while Eunsoo silently listened to his merry voice while staring out at the evening Seoul streets with a smile on a her face.


“You're rushin through me
Like water from Heaven...”

By now he was giving his all to the song and singing along with the 90’s boy band, fully awakening the voice which Eunsoo loved to hear, but rarely got a chance to.


“I feel you movin through me
Like sand in the sea...”

Guess it’s his favourite BSB song.


“And now I feel so alive
I know that there must be something here
Cause you're all the air in my atmosphere”

His right hand sneaked its way on to her lap and entwined his fingers with hers, while casually driving with his left hand on the steering wheel and his smiley eyes fixed on the evening traffic ahead.

“Finally I feel complete
Cause you are rushed over me...”

She looked down at their interweaved hands, and looked up at him with a smile.

“How come you be glowing like that even after the flight? Aren’t you tired?” he asked, sparing a moment to give her a glance.

Shaking her head, she answered. “Not tired at all. Since all I did was sleeping in the flight.”

Junmyeon started caressing her knuckles with his thumb and huffed in disappointment. “You really had to return home after one week didn’t you?” he grumbled. “As if only I enjoyed the stay in Macau.”

“Junmyeon,” she sighed. “Let’s try to be more understanding now, mmm? Your dad clearly wants your help now to settle down things in the company and it’s not a nice time to take lengthy vacations! Let’s help abeonim and Yixing with everything, and travel again later on, okay?”

“It’s not just a vacation... it was our honeymoon.”

“Gosh this three year old seriously! Are you sulking over going home now?”

“Stop laughing! I’m serious here! And will a three year old sulk over a half finished honeymoon?”

Eunsoo couldn’t stop herself from chuckling at her husband’s anger, but in secret she too wished they could stay in Macau for longer.

“Then after visiting my parents today, let’s go straight to your dad’s... and we’ll move straight into our place tomorrow. Will that do?” she suggested after pondering for a while. “Let’s quicken our moving to our new place.”

He gave her a stare of amazement. “For real? You’re not tired or anything? Can we move there tomorrow then?”

Eunsoo nodded in reply. “And let’s take a week’s vacation and stay home. If they need you, you can just be on call to help them anytime.” She finished with a shrug.

“Let’s do it then.” He beamed at her and turned back to set his eyes on the road, his face practically glowing with happiness. Eunsoo watched him with amuse, as he sped up the car while impatiently tapping the steering wheel with his finger tips, and his eyes crinkled with a smile. She couldn’t help herself from pinching his cheek, seeing how his peachy pink face was radiating happiness and excitement.

“Talk about a man in his mid twenties... you look like an adorable baby who just got his Christmas present from Santa.”

 

Junmyeon pursed his lips, the smile never leaving his face. “Call your mom, tell them we’re almost there.”

 

“Oh, Yeongsoo-yah, where’s omma?”

Eunsoo’s little brother answered her call, and replied in a worried voice.

“Noona, Jisoo noona is ill.” The boy’s voice came in worriedly.

“What do you mean ill? What’s wrong with her? Where are you now Yeongsoo? And where’s omma?” Eunsoo asked in panic.

“We brought her to the hospital since her fever in not going down. It’s the second time this week noona.”

Junmyeon looked at his wife questioningly, listening to her while driving along the small lane to her parent’s place. “Mianhae noona... she was really sick this afternoon so omma and appa had to rush to the hospital with her and told me to give you a call, but I forgot.” The boy said apologizingly.

“No it’s alright Yeongsoo, tell me which hospital and which ward. We’ll be there.”

 

 

“Who’s sick?” Junmyeon asked, pulling over the car. “Jisoo.” Eunsoo answered worriedly. “Yeongsoo said it’s the second time this week, but they didn’t even tell me!”

“Maybe they didn’t want to make you worry Eunsoo.” Junmyeon tried to convince her. “And I guess it’s just flu... that’s why they might haven’t told us.”

“So what are going to do now Junmyeon? You’re parents will be upset if we visit them late after going to the hospital.”

“They’ll understand... that won’t matter. By the way, I think you should stay with your family tonight... omonim and abeonim must be worried and they’ll need you beside them.”

Eunsoo bit her lip in frustration. “Then what about your parents?”

“Then...let’s visit them first. Let’s run over to my place and explain them the situation, and we’ll head straight to the hospital after that. Will that do?”

Eunsoo nodded in content. “That’s better Junmyeon.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Although Junmyeon’s parents were surprised by the couple’s unexpected early appearance, since they had planned to have dinner at Eunsoo’s place and visit them afterwards, they welcomed the newly wedded warmly. Junmyeon was quick to explain them the situation, and they were understanding enough to let them leave even without having tea. “Of course Eunsoo you must be there. Go and stay with your omma and appa. But first go upstairs and get changed into more comfortable clothes you two. I sent your luggage into Junmyeon’s room.” Junmyeon’s step mom said, pulling her daughter-in-law closer by putting her arm around Eunsoo’s waist. “You don’t have to worry about returning home. Take your time.”

“Thank you so much omonim...” Eunsoo replied gratefully, which her mother-in-law accepted with a smile and a nod.

 

 

“Let’s go Junmyeon, or we’ll be late if we get caught in traffic once again.”

Eunsoo said, after getting changed into a casual jeans and a cotton shirt-blouse, and grabbing her handbag to walk out of his room.

“This is so unfair.”

His grumpy voice muttered behind her.

She turned and sighed seeing her husband sulking again. “Am I not even getting my ‘Let’s-head-to-hospital-reward?” he asked with a pout.

She sighed with a chuckle and walked back to him. It had already become a habit of him, to make her give him small pecks of kisses whenever he needed them, by making up various random excuses named ‘Happy-breakfast-wish’, ‘You-look-good-in-pajamas-reward’, ‘The-weather-in-nice-celebration’, ‘Because-the-room-service-disturbed-us-gift’, ‘I-got-upset-because-my-phone-rang-situation’ and many more.

She had to stand up on her toes and pull him down to her level, since she wasn’t yet wearing her high heels. Her lips swiftly pressed against his and she released her hold around his neck, but Junmyeon’s arms took their chance before she could completely let go of him.

And within the next second, she was lifted up to sit on the vanity, bare feet dangling beneath and her newly bought Christian Dior black handbag disrespectfully thrown to the floor.

“Junmyeon the door is open!”

“They have enough common sense to not come this way.”

“This shirt is cotton Junmyeon! I don’t have time to iron it again!”

“But I won’t get a chance again until we return home...what if we have to stay overnight with them?”

“Stop pulling out my shirt already!”

He stopped fiddling with the light blue cotton material and sighed. “I just needed a small kiss Eunsoo!” he whined.

“What does my shirt has to do with it? You literally have no idea how long it took me to tuck it in neatly!” she slapped his right hand and encircled her arms around his neck. And she pulled him closer, bringing their lips into contact.

He gave in with a satisfied smirk, and s his hands around her bare skin, under the shirt he had previously pulled out of her jeans.

Lips moulded against each other in perfect sync, both pairs of eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter